Best ever goal at a hearts game?

Scotland

I'll start it off with this...

I think you have started and ended the competition there.

A few other contenders would be Laudrup when the Huns beat us 2-1 at Tynecastle, Snodin's free kick against Slavia Prague and this:

I can remember slating CG for that goal -until I saw it on TV later.

Incredible goal. I don't think any keeper in the world could have saved it.

heartgarfunkel

What about John Colquhoun's swerving 30 yarder at the Gorgie Road end, versus the tic, late 80s, 'sport' Billy McNeill described it as an attempted cross or something, even though he was going through the old inside right channel?

A thing of beauty. He also smacked two long-range leggy lovelies in against the Bitter & Twisted at the Methadome. Bandy Leighton was the hapless keeper left in a crumpled heap a couple of times if I remember rightly. I remember a late, great, weeteam pal of mine saying it was one of the lowest Hibee derby moments he had experienced amongst the several dozens - not only had we Robbo to Ram them in with Regularity, we had J.C. spectacularly slamming them in when he had a quiet game.:107years:

What about John Colquhoun's swerving 30 yarder at the Gorgie Road end, versus the tic, late 80s, 'sport' Billy McNeill described it as an attempted cross or something, even though he was going through the old inside right channel?

That's the one.

Fuller's goal v Motherwell. an unbelievable goal, he must have skinned have their team before rounding their goalie.

Snap...what a peach:)

I liked Velicka's second at Celtic park in the CIS cup, Ksanavicius played a 1-2 with Stewart down the line, played a ball across to Velicka who took it round a defender and shot right into the top corner.

Miko v Hibs on Boxing day, a great strike and against our local rivals to make it 3-2.

Petrov's goal in the first home game in 2006 when we won 2-1. The counter attacking build up play was (you have to admit) something special, the flicks and runs and then the finish.

Also, both St Mirren goals in the 3-2 game in the bottom 6.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'll have this in my top 5 please

Especially as I was sat right behind him when he took it

John Robertson curling it around and over Alan Rough into the Hobo net in 1983....phenomenal......George Cowie's 50 yarder against St Johnstone at Muirton Park was something unusual & spectacular as well.

Lee Miller's against Kilmarnock was a bit of a raker.

on the right hand side in the related vids section, mad eddy is in cracking form in that interview

heartgarfunkel
on the right hand side in the related vids section, mad eddy is in cracking form in that interview

:cheese: WTF has happened at our club? :cheese:

Jesus.

I'd been looking for that on the BBC site not long ago.

Possibly the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen.

I know it won't be popular but I still think the goal Celtic scored against us when Roman Bednar scored his double was amazing.

You can see it roughly 4.35 on this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgzjlrLWOM&feature=related

The speed and comitment to the counter attack was outstanding. Petrovs finish was hit so cleanly and early so Gordon didn't have anytime to set his feet. If we had done that to them I would have raved about it.

It was either Peter shields or Pat Byrne at the old Muirton Park around 1982 on hogmany. The ball was struck from around 40 yards curling into Mike Macdonalds top left hand corner!! It was an absolute cracker and so was wee Donald Park's goal that day as well as Hearts went onto win 2-1!!

Didn't we have great fans then and that was the "Alex Macdonald's soccer Indians!!" era. We weren't brilliant then but the fans and effort of the players was just class!!;)

Listening to all the west coast media & reading all the rubbish lately I was under the impression Kris Boyd had scored from 90 yards, facing his own goal with a broken leg !!! But no, it was a goal scored from a tight angle, hit sweetly. Nothing more. Every supporter from every team has seen many better goals every season.:mad:

I liked the Lee Miller one but strikes by Juanjo against Killie & Tomaczech(sp?) against Motherwell also spring to mind.

It shows how second..... sorry third rate the hacks are in this country when they cream themselves over such a goal.

Robbo left foot screamer v`s Dundee Utd `86

Iain Ferguson free kick V`s Bayern.

I was going to say Wee Robbos against Dundee UTD in '86' absolute peach of a goal. I was there with the old man that day Right behind the goals at the back of the away end and when he hit it you could see as soon as it left his foot it was goal bound.

Fergies against Bayern another classic

Goal I saw by Allan Johnston. Think it was against Motherwell. Mid 90's ?

Great move. Ball crossed in from the old stand towards the wheatfield. Johnston met it with as sweet a volley as you will ever see. Think it was one of his first goals for Hearts.

Any memory geniuses care to help me out here please....

Three to add to the mix -

1. Gary Mackay v Clydebank in 86, move started in tbe bottom corner at the Shed, several passes and a great finish.

2. Cooper for the HUns in 87 or 88, basically walked the ball into the net from the half way line.

3. Scott Crabbe v the Huns in 1990. This one shows the fickle nature of football fans. At the time the Huns dismissed Goram as a diddy keeper who wasn't up to Chris Woods' standard and would never do a thing for them :)

3. Scott Crabbe v the Huns in 1990. This one shows the fickle nature of football fans. At the time the Huns dismissed Goram as a diddy keeper who wasn't up to Chris Woods' standard and would never do a thing for them :)

Listening to all the west coast media & reading all the rubbish lately I was under the impression Kris Boyd had scored from 90 yards, facing his own goal with a broken leg !!! But no, it was a goal scored from a tight angle, hit sweetly. Nothing more. Every supporter from every team has seen many better goals every season.:mad:

Indeed - the other Iain Ferguson scored a goal not unlike that one in a derby at Tynie in around 1990. Chris Reid was the hapless Hobo goalie that night.

Best goal for me was Glynn Snoddin against Slavia Prague. My first European night at the game with mates in the corner (as opposed to with dad in the Panini Enclosure). Brilliant goal, brilliant night.

I seem to remember Klaus Augentaler scored a belter for Bayern Munich, or was it SV Hamburg ... back in the dim and distant ...

The People's Chimp
I'll have this in my top 5 please

Especially as I was sat right behind him when he took it

I love that goal and will never tiure of seeing it. :)

for us, Fuller against Motherwell. genius.

Against us, Tommy Lovenkrands for St Johnstone the year they last went down. he hit it like an exocet from a tight angle. Even the Hearts fans applauded.

Smoked-Glass
Fuller's goal v Motherwell. an unbelievable goal, he must have skinned have their team before rounding their goalie.

wasn't even included in spl goal of the decade.

Private Hudson

Has to be JC's 30 yard screamer over Bonner's head. Always remember it being part of the intro credits for Scotsport for ages afterwards.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

i liked the build up for de-vries's 1st goal against hibs, valois' flick was sublime

but all my suggestions have been said already...some screamers!

cesnauskis's in the semi final v celtic was out of the blue, pity that wee **** bellamy scored that game

Archived