Scotland v Argentina (NHC)

magicTs

I thought they rejected it?

I think they have sorted a far more reasonable 'match fee' with Argentina meaning that ticket prices can be set a good bit lower.

Wednesday night in November?

Bluurgh.

Depends what you make of it really. Some of the best atmosphere's are under the lights in the winter months.

Depends what you make of it really. Some of the best atmosphere's are under the lights in the winter months.

True, but not usually for friendlies.

at ?25 a ticket, thats acually a decent price. That'll be a sell-out.

I'd say so. It cost ?25 to get into the top tier at that s*i*h*l* on Saturday so there can be few complaints about these prices to watch the World Cup favorites !

True, but not usually for friendlies.

I know but it's great to see a different kind of match. It's not often Scotland are going to play South American opposition and certainly not a country with Argentina's talent. A great game to take kids along to see.

I dont think I can be arsed with another wednesday night friendly.

Argentina on a Saturday would have a chance of a sell out, on a cold wet November night i doubt the stadium will even be half full.

Argentina on a Saturday would have a chance of a sell out, on a cold wet November night i doubt the stadium will even be half full.

I'm willing to bet plenty dough it will be more than half full !

Johnny Sandiego

Friendlys aint what they used to be, but this will be a good test for Scotland. Lets hope Berra and Stewart have forced there way into the side by then. I'd like to see them up against the likes of Tevez and Messy.

alwaysthereinspirit
Scotland to play Argentina at Hampden :

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/

Should be a good day out.

Friendly against Argentina in November and the tickets are priced the same as a world cup qualifying game.

Stop it GFA. You're killing me. Clueless morons.

Griclesfield

?25 price on this match is a bit high as other posters are saying.

Lower the price to ?15 or so and would get alot of people going .... saying that wednesday night friendly in middle of glasgow in NOVEMBER .... no thanks.

I will watch it on the tv.

Who cares? A Scotland friendly against the Argies. Bollocks to that, I'd rather take a bath in my own pish in the middle of George Street. I've already been to 1 of these games and Scotland won. 1-0, 1990 with Stewart McKimmie scoring the winner.

Who cares? A Scotland friendly against the Argies. Bollocks to that, I'd rather take a bath in my own pish in the middle of George Street. I've already been to 1 of these games and Scotland won. 1-0, 1990 with Stewart McKimmie scoring the winner.

I was there too but as you say it was 1990 nearly 20 years ago. Argentina and Brazil dont visit Scotland very often and for a lot of people this will be the first time they will have had a chance to see either of them 'live' in Scotland.

Also am I in a minority of one here in prefering Scotland games to be played at night? Much like european nights at Tynie I find nothing compares to the atmosphere of a packed Hampden under floodlights with a top team as opposition.

?25 is the highest price they could charge for a friendly, against the argies I think the stadium will be 2/3 full.

Rather annoyed by the pricing of this game. The GFA have already been at it bumping up the prices for the Qualifiers (nearly an extra ?5 on most itckets) and want the fans to cough out ?25 per head during November! All this from an organisation that not three weeks ago were telling all and sundry that they had made huge profits!

Surley a wee thanks to the fans, who followed the team and turned Hampden into a fortress last season for the SFA's benefit, would be to take a slight hit in the pocket so fans get to see some of the best footballers in the world at a decent price!!

GFA ............. w**k, w**k, w**k :mad:

Having paid over ?20 to watch Hearts play Inverness in one of the worst games of football I've ever seen, I don't have a problem paying ?25 to see one of the best teams in the world. Or Argentina.

Archived