Jamie Mole - Fickle Jambos?

Setter

Johanes de Silentio

Sorry, but isn't it time we gave our striker(s) some decent service IN THE BOX instead of asking them to chase lost causes all day ****in' long?

The time to judge Jamie Mole is when we play with two up front. All we have learned is that he is not suited to playing as a sole striker.

Laszlo would tell you different though, he says we have been playing with two up front :rofl:

People need someone to blame.

They are tired of blaming Vlad.

Some have tried Csaba.

Others have moved onto the players.

Surely someone IS to blame though?

The time to judge Jamie Mole is when we play with two up front. All we have learned is that he is not suited to playing as a sole striker.

Laszlo would tell you different though, he says we have been playing with two up front :rofl:

If he is meaning Audrey - that would have to be one and a half!!!!;)

Sorry, but isn't it time we gave our striker(s) some decent service IN THE BOX instead of asking them to chase lost causes all day ****in' long?

Going by the (home) games I have watched this year, the problem is that Mole has no positional sense to get in the box. He makes no good runs into dangerous positions.

On numerous occasions balls have been whipped into the box and Mole has been *****ing about yards away from where a striker should be.

We can debate this for ever but the bottom line is that like Holmes, Sloan, Hamil and Elliot before him, Mole is NOT good enough!

Johanes de Silentio

Klimek - garbage - nae service - nae goals

Elliot - tryer of limited ability - nae service - nae goals

Makela - garbage - nae service - nae goals

Beniusis - garbage - nae service - nae goals

Mole - tryer of limited ability - nae service - nae goals

Velicka - quality - nae service - goals out of nothing - sold (inadvertently) to rivals for a quick buck

Glen - looks good - links up well - on the sidelines - nae service

Tullberg - dunno, BUT HE WILL NEED SERVICE!

The one thing that links all of the above forwards is that they are have all been asked to do most of their work outside the box, rather than in the danger zone where they can hopefully do damage.

Mole is (unfairly) being asked to lead the line ON HIS OWN and link up - he cannae be everywhere!

I'm not commenting on the (lack of) ability of our strikers (that's another story entirely) - what I'm saying is that we are not creating enough chances!

Q - How many chances did McCoist miss before he scored one?

A - hunners - but he got enough service to miss hunners and still score hunners!

And let's not bring Robbo into this, just cos he could score for fun from what was often **** poor service - there's only one Robbo!

So ..... is he getting the proper service to be able to score goals or is he getting chances and continually taking the wrong option / missing the target?

Everyone was raving about him after our opening games and IMO a player doesn't become sh*te overnight so perhaps we need to look at what else is contributing to the lack of goals?

no, but has he ever been that great? Mole tries hard, that`s it. I hate the one up front and i do sympathise with him there.

But even at that i don`t see him being a player who can make a difference anyway even in another formation.

:rolleyes:You can only judge a striker by the amount of goals he scores.....need i say more?

I disagree to be honest, Janny wasn't a prolific goal scorer but he is a quality player, held the ball up and assisted his fellow strikers with his possession and off the ball runs (at times). I dont apply that same logic to Mole but I do question your assessment being as simple as goals = quality.

Ryan Gosling
I disagree to be honest, Janny wasn't a prolific goal scorer but he is a quality player, held the ball up and assisted his fellow strikers with his possession and off the ball runs (at times). I dont apply that same logic to Mole but I do question your assessment being as simple as goals = quality.

I dunno - 12 in 30 games wasn't bad.

I dunno - 12 in 30 games wasn't bad.

Not bad but then he also had Hartley and Skacel providing great balls to be able to get those 12. As I say, I just dont think its as black and white as is being made out by some.

For the record I dont think he is good enough as a first choice striker to play up front on his own however I'd also never give a young kid as much grief as many others seem to do. Its a sure fire way of destroying what confidence he has.

Everyone needs to get behind the team!!!

Not bad but then he also had Hartley and Skacel providing great balls to be able to get those 12. As I say, I just dont think its as black and white as is being made out by some.

For the record I dont think he is good enough as a first choice striker to play up front on his own however I'd also never give a young kid as much grief as many others seem to do. Its a sure fire way of destroying what confidence he has.Everyone needs to get behind the team!!!

You can blame the way Hearts play though. Imagine your Gary Glen a lad with goalscoring threat. Your bursting to get in the team and show what you can do.

The last thing you need is the manager playing you in the lone role where most of the time you have to chase and harry and lay the ball off and fight a lost cause because we aren`t good enough for 4-5-1.

Young players need guidance on and off the park. Someone to get a partnership going and to get a chance to score goals. Robbo had it with Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark. Scott Crabbe had it with Robbo and so on...

But in terms of Mole there is no debate for me. If we were wasting a certain attribute in a player because of the way we play him then there may be a case. But i don`t see where Mole would even flourish in a two upfront job, the lads an ordinary player.

Archived