Your earliest memory

Jambo Ell

What the earliest memory you have in your life?

Mine is my Grandma & Grandad taking me to Blackford Pond in my buggy when I was about 2 and a half, collecting an absolute shedload of sticks, then bringing them home and my mum wouldn't let me keep them. In protest I refused to take my bath that night :P

My earliest memory is when I was 4 my mum and dad took me out on my pony and they hadn,t tightened the girth properly, the slid round to the pony,s tummy which resulted in me ending upside down!!!

What the earliest memory you have in your life?

Mine is my Grandma & Grandad taking me to Blackford Pond in my buggy when I was about 2 and a half, collecting an absolute shedload of sticks, then bringing them home and my mum wouldn't let me keep them. In protest I refused to take my bath that night :P

I think the first clear distinct memory is stepping on & getting stang by a wasp aged about 4 and a half. The earlier years are a blur.

Commander Harris

I don't know which came first but I've a few early memories ranging from the mundane, making a train out of cardboard boxes, to the slightly more interesting, such as going round an ancient Inca temple. :)

The White Cockade

Mine is my Mum and Dad taking me on the ferry across the Forth just before it stopped running when the Bridge was built

I seem to remember my big brother smacking me about the head with a lightsaber at about 4 years old!

Actually most of my early memories are of my brother inflicting some sort of pain on me!!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

My earliest memory is being at Niagara Falls with my Mum and Dad.

I also howled my eyes out.

Must have thought they were going to thro' me in...

On of my earliest and worst memories is being walked down Preston Street into South Clerk Street as about a three year old, my sister and I were wearing matching coats that my mother had made, the were a light blue with a dark blue velvet collar. A bunch of boys were at the corner, and even that young I knew that they were saying something that nowadays would be Sharpy is gay. I was frightened to go out of the house it seemed at that age like years, probably in fact hours which was long enough for them to find a new victim.

Another memory and I was much younger was when my sister and her friend would take me for a walk in the little buggy, she would have been about seven and I going on a year old. They used to go down Dalkeith Road to Cameron Toll. There was a railway bridge there and they used to hold the buggy under the bridge while a train passed over, my hysterics being the most amusing thing they could think of, the best thing being I was too young to be able to clipe on them.

So if you ever read any of my posts and think this man is strange this two of many similar incidents are an example of why I am the way I am.:o

One of my most vivid early memories was my father rushing home from hampden, pulling me out of the house and taking me to Gorgie Road to see Hearts coming back after winning the league cup in 1954.

He had waited almost half a century to see something like that happen and he had to include me. No wonder Ive been screwed up ever since.....:(

heartgarfunkel

Hearing the wind whistle, and looking at Arthur's Seat from the window high up in Craigmillar Court flats, about 3. I've got a 3 and a half year old son who can tell you everything about Thomas and his trainy friends, and more importantly, can sing 3 proper Hearts songs (sort of), yet if I was to get run over by a bus he'd struggle to remember me when he was older - freaky thought!

2 Memories spring to mind but don't know whickh 1 is th earliest must have been about 3 or 4 (now 30!). My folks stayed in on 3rd floor of Rossie Place (too close to Fester Road but wasn't there long). Anyway it was Bonfire night & i was sitting beside that window (which was open) watching the fire works then the old old man done that push you, caught you thing. I burst out crying as i thought i was gonna fall. Had nightmares about that for years. Not been a fan of hights. Infact my old man done a few things like that 2 me!! Other memory was my brother having some kind of fit/seizure while corrie was on, He was looking upwards & not blinking (can't remember much else about it) He turned into a Rangers fan like the old man. Glad i had a mind of my own & went to Tynie.

Sawdust Caesar

Falling down the stairs outside Goldbergs when I was about 4. I think I only rolled down about 3 or 4 steps but over time that has been altered to about 10 or 11.

not sure of my first memory. can remember my first 2 nightmares tho...

first one involved getting stuck in a waxworks dungeon and being attacked by the dolls before superman flew in thru a window and saved me.

second one was when i was just started at primary school. i was driving an open top car round an outdoorswimming pool with all my classmates in the back being chased by a giant cactus monster.... (???)

can also remember what would have been my first wet dream, but it was ruined.... i'll say no more.....

On of my earliest and worst memories is being walked down Preston Street into South Clerk Street as about a three year old, my sister and I were wearing matching coats that my mother had made, the were a light blue with a dark blue velvet collar. A bunch of boys were at the corner, and even that young I knew that they were saying something that nowadays would be Sharpy is gay. I was frightened to go out of the house it seemed at that age like years, probably in fact hours which was long enough for them to find a new victim.

Another memory and I was much younger was when my sister and her friend would take me for a walk in the little buggy, she would have been about seven and I going on a year old. They used to go down Dalkeith Road to Cameron Toll. There was a railway bridge there and they used to hold the buggy under the bridge while a train passed over, my hysterics being the most amusing thing they could think of, the best thing being I was too young to be able to clipe on them.

So if you ever read any of my posts and think this man is strange this two of many similar incidents are an example of why I am the way I am.:o

Oddly enough my earliest memory is also going down Dalkeith Road to the railway bridge at Cameron Toll and seeing the white cottage at the foot of the bridge. The odd thing in this memory is that the said cottage had actually been demolished before I was even born, yet I could accurately describe it to my parents. Quite bizarre.

A couple come to mind - being taken on a tram from Stenhouse to Haymarket - I reckon I'd be about two at that time - and watching pony trotting at Stenhouse Stadium - again about two years old at that time.

Archived