Friends of the Heart of Midlothian War Memorial

Jack Alexander

good site

However you now need to move your target audience from those committed to those who might have a passing interest.

It is a savage indictment of Scottish education that the average attention span is a MTV style soundbyte.

You need a slogan which is short and recognisable in a headline,Ewan murrays article on Sunday was excellent,but could you imagine the average tabloid reader getting past the first couple of paragraphs.

I have already suggested the TV option and the program would jump at this issue as it ticks all the right boxes

All the very best

good site

However you now need to move your target audience from those committed to those who might have a passing interest.

It is a savage indictment of Scottish education that the average attention span is a MTV style soundbyte.

You need a slogan which is short and recognisable in a headline,Ewan murrays article on Sunday was excellent,but could you imagine the average tabloid reader getting past the first couple of paragraphs.

I have already suggested the TV option and the program would jump at this issue as it ticks all the right boxes

All the very best

maybe even EC on the OF radio could devote some time on air to this ? .... seein as he is a Jambo :rolleyes:

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

maybe even EC on the OF radio could devote some time on air to this ? .... seein as he is a Jambo :rolleyes:

I hope it doesn't have to come to it, but if there's some sort of demo planned then I will be there.

Buffalo Bill

Jack Alexander
I hope it doesn't have to come to it, but if there's some sort of demo planned then I will be there.

Buffalo Bill

The support is welcome, BB, but I'm not sure about demos. We intend to conduct ourselves with the utmost dignity - something that has been lacking in (both) the Council's proposals and their somewhat inconsistent and ill-judged responses to questioning over the past week.

The Memorial is like a grand old lady. We'll treat her with the care and respect that she deserves.

Guest jambomickey
The support is welcome, BB, but I'm not sure about demos. We intend to conduct ourselves with the utmost dignity - something that has been lacking in (both) the Council's proposals and their somewhat inconsistent and ill-judged responses to questioning over the past week.

The Memorial is like a grand old lady. We'll treat her with the care and respect that she deserves.

goodluck with that mate!

A demo needn't lack respect, Jack.

Could you at least consider a 'match day' movement of people from say, Tynecastle to Haymarket - if required?

A good point could be made.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

The best 'demo' you can take part in just now is spreading the word, getting signatures on the petition etc.

Nelly Terraces

Have the council reneged on their promise to move it to the new site at Haymarket then, and are going to keep the WM at Atholl Cres permo?

Not having that. Will do anything required to keep the WM in a place of the utmost prominence within this city.

Good luck Jack, and well done with the website, really top effort.

The best 'demo' you can take part in just now is spreading the word, getting signatures on the petition etc.

Of course, but is a peaceful demo/walk not something that could at least be considered if it came to it?

Buffalo Bill

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-war-memorial-will-make.4540534.jp

Hearts war memorial will make return to Haymarket - Edinburgh Evening News

"He said: "We have no intention of permanently removing the war memorial. This was only in an official's report and it is an official's recommendation that will not get the backing of politicians."

First time I've ever had a warm fuzzy fondness for Steve Cardownie....

May I suggest that perhaps the best "demo" would be for people to turn out in large numbers for the ceremony on Remembrance Sunday?

Let's show the world what the Memorial really means.

May I suggest that perhaps the best "demo" would be for people to turn out in large numbers for the ceremony on Remembrance Sunday?

Could not agree more.

Agree.

Seymour M Hersh
Of course, but is a peaceful demo/walk not something that could at least be considered if it came to it?

Buffalo Bill

Just making sure as many Hearts fans as possible appear at this year's remembrance service would be, imo, a fine demonstration to the council.

Fine work as always Jack.

Just making sure as many Hearts fans as possible appear at this year's remembrance service would be, imo, a fine demonstration to the council.

Fine work as always Jack.

Agree with that, but remember the council will be having meetings about the memorial in October, we have to get the message across before Nov 9th.

Seymour M Hersh
Agree with that, but remember the council will be having meetings about the memorial in October, we have to get the message across before Nov 9th.

Fair enough Gambo I was unaware of their planned "clandestine" meeting. I wonder if interested members of the public can attend said meeting?

That's the way to do it.:)

Couldn't agree more

Archived