Desk top & wireless

H2

Another question for the computer experts.

Just bought a desktop for my daughter. She has wireless internet, currently running for her laptop.

Is it a simple matter of following a wizrd to connect the desktop to the wireless connection, or is there anything else I need to do?

All help is appreciated.

As long as the desktop has a wireless card installed, it should be as simple as you have said.

if it's not... just by a wireless usb doofer.... and plug it in

As long as the desktop has a wireless card installed, it should be as simple as you have said.

How do I know if it has one?

Chances are, as a previous poster said. You will need to buy an USB wireless adaptor. These are about ?20 I think.

Desktops aren't normally wireless.

Or if you are setting the desktop computer up next to your router, I would just run a network cable from the computer to the router. Cheaper and faster. :)

Or if you are setting the desktop computer up next to your router, I would just run a network cable from the computer to the router. Cheaper and faster. :)

Not that simple, it's a shared flat and the router is in a different room :-( :sad:

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections

In that window you will see if you have a wireless network connection or not.

Thanks, I bought one - :sad: Says it works with Vista, the driver should be in Vista, but it's not.

So what happens when you plug it into the computer?

So what happens when you plug it into the computer?

It goes through a loading process, but then says there is no driver. Then there is a small card with small print that tells you that Vista has the driver, but Vista can not find the driver.

Archived