Michael Stewart or Paul Hartley?

kyle_ferguson10

Rather have Michael Stewart Or Paul Hartley????  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Rather have Michael Stewart Or Paul Hartley????

some of us have been having an arguement about who is better so i open it to everyone

Nowadays? Or in their time at Hearts?

Stewart now, Hartley in his day.

Hartley in his prime no question. He would spray the ball like Stewart but he also got forward and scored goals often.

Hartley was so influential two years ago and i don`t think Stewart has reached that level. Hartley played in better teams but he was one of the main reasons we were successful.

Paul Hartley.

Two slightly different players in that Hartley scores more, Stewart is more a gritty-tackler.

Paul Hartley is one of the best midfielders ever at Hearts IMO. Goal threat and an inspiration. Stewart has started scoring more goals but has a long way to go before he can classed in the same bracket as Paul Hartley.

As someone mentioned above though, Colin Cameron was probably better than both of them though.

Paul Hartley.

Two slightly different players in that Hartley scores more, Stewart is more a gritty-tackler.

Sorry mate, hardly think he`s a tough nut which the term gritty tackler refers to.

He works hard to close down but he mostly nicks the ball away off of feet as opposed to being really strong and coming away with the ball.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Kyle, who do you think is better ...

Lionel Messi or Jamie Mole?

I've been having this argument all day but we just aren't sure. :sad:

would rather have Colin Cameron, although Hartly wouldn't be far behind

if Stewart scores a few against the hobo's i might change my mind

This is why I love t'internet. You could count the number of impressive games Michael Stewart has had for Hearts on one hand.

A crazy poll IMO, any player from our greatest recent era (all be it brief) is going to fair better in a poll compared to the players now, e.g. Gordon or Kello, Skacel or Kingston, Pressley or Zaliukas (sp), Fyssas or Wallace. etc etc When Hartley played at Tynie we had a great team, now we have ............... no comparison again.

some of us have been having an arguement about who is better so i open it to everyone

That's not even in the same ballpark never mind the same sport!

TBH mate Hartley was in a class of his own... he'd still walk into our current team.

I'd like to see him back at Hearts partnering Stewart in CM for that. I know it'll never happen... but for my money Hartley is a legend at Hearts who will always be welcomed back.

Your question should have been 'Stewart or Kingston in midfield?'

Who were you having this argument with Mikey Stewarts mum? Seriously in his prime Hartley by a proverbial country mile. As the players they are today - Hartley.

i personally despise anybody that leaves us for the green and white parasites through west. however, the memories i have of paul hartley scoring, controlling and riling up against the hobos mean i still hold a lot of respect for him as a player.

he was a boyhood celtic fan but still scored a few vital goals against them for us and always gave 100%.

stewarts a good player, but lets not kid ourselves, he is no paul hartley. paul hartley can control his temper far better than stuart (with the exception of the cup final!) and i'd take him back in a heartbeat if he were to play as well as he did for us in his prime.

Paul Hartley or Michael Stewart.....hmmmmmm....let me think.....

You might as well ask if we'd rather have Neil McFarlane or Zidane

I think that Michael has improved from last season's heedless chicken with an attitude problem, but Paul Hartley was clearly better by a country mile in his time at Hearts. It's no co-incidence that we have struggled to create chances since Hartley went to join his heros.

Have another look at the 4-0 semi final demolition derby on youtube and ask yourself could Michael Stewart do that in his wildest dreams.

Hartley's past it now, but in terms of their time at Hearts there's no doubt that Hartley was a better player for us. Stewart needs to keep up form like he's shown so far this season over at least a whole season before even being mentioned in the same breath as Hartley.

Hartley was and still is a better player than Stewart.

However that's not me saying I don't rate Stewart, I think he's pretty good. Just not in the same league as Hartley.

Hartley was and still is a better player than Stewart.

However that's not me saying I don't rate Stewart, I think he's pretty good. Just not in the same league as Hartley.

Hartley would be a far better player now if he put that daft hairband away, stopped trying to be Andrea Pirlo and went back to doing what he's good at.

Its Hartley for me.

Stewart reminds me of Fulton. Hailed as the next big thing when he was in his teens. Lets it go to his head. Disapears from sight, then signs for Hearts has average season, suddenly out of nowhere has one brilliant season then goes back to being average. I predict this will be Stewart's good season and will probably help us in to Europe.

Its Hartley for me.

Stewart reminds me of Fulton. Hailed as the next big thing when he was in his teens. Lets it go to his head. Disapears from sight, then signs for Hearts has average season, suddenly out of nowhere has one brilliant season then goes back to being average. I predict this will be Stewart's good season and will probably help us in to Europe.

This bit could apply to Hartley too

Hartley.

Stewart has started well, but needs to keep it up. I dont think they are all that similarly styled anyway.

Also, Makween, I'm shocked you've only used one "h" in his name.;)

Hartley.

Stewart has started well, but needs to keep it up. I dont think they are all that similarly styled anyway.

Also, Makween, I'm shocked you've only used one "h" in his name.;)

I like Hartley, I've always been very clear on that point on Kickback. He never made any secret of the fact that he'd love to play for the Dhims if he got the opportunity and he ended up getting that opportunity. I'd stop short of wishing him luck, but fair play to him.

I like Hartley, I've always been very clear on that point on Kickback. He never made any secret of the fact that he'd love to play for the Dhims if he got the opportunity and he ended up getting that opportunity. I'd stop short of wishing him luck, but fair play to him.

I get mixed up over what names an extra h can be added to.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

When you say "some of us", do you mean some people who think Hartley and a bunch of ****in' [filter edit]? Hartley by a distance so big I can't even describe it.

Definatley Hartley He Scored More, And He Could Control His Temper!

AnY Real nEEd for The ranDom use of CapItal LetterS:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I voted for paul harltley, but i would like to say that he isn't as good as he was and i rekon he'll be too old and slow for celtic by the end of the season.

I also rekon micheal stewart has the potential to be better than hartley but he probably should be by now. He's as good as barry ferguson at times but other times he's a waste of space.

Archived