John Robertson

TheBigTeam

I don't think we have a great start to the season and im not convinced about Csaba.(Talks a good game).But i think we need to give him time.He has a massive job to do in there and would be unfair to call for his head.But i would love to see Robbo come in as a coach to pep things up.I reckon it would give us all a massive lift.The wee man got shafted wi Vlad when he was manager.I've no idea whether he would want to come back?Another positive if Csaba needs a wee boot up the arse (or the ankle) sure Robbo could do it!!!

I don't think we have a great start to the season and im not convinced about Csaba.(Talks a good game).But i think we need to give him time.He has a massive job to do in there and would be unfair to call for his head.But i would love to see Robbo come in as a coach to pep things up.I reckon it would give us all a massive lift.The wee man got shafted wi Vlad when he was manager.I've no idea whether he would want to come back?Another positive if Csaba needs a wee boot up the arse (or the ankle) sure Robbo could do it!!!

A great idea - bring back Robbo - get rid of Angel!

It would be the ultimate football 'Buddy' movie.

But it aint going to happen! The only thing that comforts me about Saturday's result is that it took Jeffries a whole quarter and Levein a whole year to turn things around.

Buffalo Bill

alwaysthereinspirit

Other than the fans are there that many people around Tynecastle who know who John Robertson is.

Bringing him in as a coach wouldn't do much. IMO.

Other than the fans are there that many people around Tynecastle who know who John Robertson is.

I would like to think a hell of a lot of people in there know Robbo.

At least it would be someone in the coaching set up who has an idea about the Scottish game and about the other teams. That's what appears to be a major problem just now - lack of knowledge about the Scottish game.

It would be the ultimate football 'Buddy' movie.

But it aint going to happen! The only thing that comforts me about Saturday's result is that it took Jeffries a whole quarter and Levein a whole year to turn things around.

Buffalo Bill

I agree its a long shot and prob wont happen.If it could happen i reckon it would be a winner though.

letsalllaughathobos

i spoke with robbo when he was manegar of livi and in his words said to me;

me;,would you come back to hearts.

robbo;not as long as they lithuanians are still there,BUT i would love to come back to hearts just not as they(liths)are stil there.

me;please.

robbo;NO.

so i would rule that one out just now, i would love to see it though.

i think it's imperitive to get some sort of striker coach in.

alwaysthereinspirit
At least it would be someone in the coaching set up who has an idea about the Scottish game and about the other teams. That's what appears to be a major problem just now - lack of knowledge about the Scottish game.

If Mad is still pulling a few team selection strings. I'm not for a second saying he is. Then having a coach with knowledge of the Scottish game wont matter. The players Mad picks might not be the ones needed on any given Saturday after being coached all week by Robbo.

think its a good shout, maybe on a month 2 month basis.

it may help out our struggling strikers find the back of the net. who knows, his fitness levels may be better than Nade!

If Mad is still pulling a few team selection strings. I'm not for a second saying he is. Then having a coach with knowledge of the Scottish game wont matter. The players Mad picks might not be the ones needed on any given Saturday after being coached all week by Robbo.

I take all that on board - however part of the problem this season has been a complete failure to put sides onto the park with a view to competing properly against the sides we are playing against. The team put out against Airdrie was defensive and ill equipped to deal with the tactics that Airdrie would deploy against us. Likewise I believe that we were totally ill equipped for Saturdays match against Dundee United. Having someone with some knowledge of the Scottish game on board might have made the difference.

The lack of someone with any knowledge of the game here is making me doubt that Casba has full control of selection and the tactis that are being used.

letsalllaughathobos
I take all that on board - however part of the problem this season has been a complete failure to put sides onto the park with a view to competing properly against the sides we are playing against. The team put out against Airdrie was defensive and ill equipped to deal with the tactics that Airdrie would deploy against us. Likewise I believe that we were totally ill equipped for Saturdays match against Dundee United. Having someone with some knowledge of the Scottish game on board might have made the difference.

The lack of someone with any knowledge of the game here is making me doubt that Casba has full control of selection and the tactis that are being used.

tottaly agree mate, someone with experience in scottish fooball is essential.

Shabba will never allow anyone in who could be seen to undermine his position.

Maybe not, but there are enough of them there already doing that, it would seem. :cool:

Maybe not, but there are enough of them there already doing that, it would seem. :cool:

I disagree. I reckon the people who are there now were explained to Shabba before he made the tough decision to leave Uganda for Edinburgh. He knew exactly what he was letting himself in for when he joined, just as evey 'manager' since GB has had it spelled out to him. To bring in someone new would be a different kettle of fish.

I would love to see Robbo back at Hearts in some form but given Vlad's strategy recently I can't see him having a Scot there when he talks about traitors and would question whether Robbo would come back at present in a coaching only capacity.

I disagree. I reckon the people who are there now were explained to Shabba before he made the tough decision to leave Uganda for Edinburgh. He knew exactly what he was letting himself in for when he joined, just as evey 'manager' since GB has had it spelled out to him. To bring in someone new would be a different kettle of fish.

I would love to see Robbo back at Hearts in some form but given Vlad's strategy recently I can't see him having a Scot there when he talks about traitors and would question whether Robbo would come back at present in a coaching only capacity.

Well, we agree on that, anyway.

Shabba will never allow anyone in who could be seen to undermine his position. Forget about Robbo for the time being.

So the fact that korbotchup is obviously greatly influencing what is going on playing wise kind of destroys your comment above.

We are playing the same way as last season before Shaggy took the reigns.

Nothing has really changed and it is / was naiive of us to think that under Vlad it would.

I predict we will be in the bottom 6 come Santa time. But as long as chabba keeps towing the party line then he will remain "in charge".

happy F@rking days

and that is what a lot of fans seem to forget.

Seymour M Hersh
i spoke with robbo when he was manegar of livi and in his words said to me;

me;,would you come back to hearts.

robbo;not as long as they lithuanians are still there,BUT i would love to come back to hearts just not as they(liths)are stil there.

me;please.

robbo;NO.

so i would rule that one out just now, i would love to see it though.

i think it's imperitive to get some sort of striker coach in.

Is he still out of work? That might change his thinking a little.

Let's give Csaba a bit time here.

He has only had 7 league games.

Judge him in May.

Last week everything was looking ok.

One heavy defeat up at United and its panic stations.

Still third in the league - not sure what some fans want myself.

As for Robbo...

His career has really went from strength to strength in recent years.

Legend as a player, lets leave it at that.

I don't think Robbo wouldn't come and I would rather get in Pressley as the defence is a shambles and he knows the Scottish game.

We need to by a poacher in the Robbo mould who can score goals. After losing Velicka how can we not have signed any of Sutton, Clarkson, Porter, Nish, Mehmet, Lovell, Higdon, Barratt just to name a few.

Alternativley and I know I will be shot down for this one after his bad first touch in opening game - Makela (as he can scotre goal and Mole cannot)

How can anyone suggest that we havent made a good start to the season and that Csaba is doing a fantastic job with a flawed squad.

If we win at home on Saturday we will have picked up 15 points from our first 8 games of the season and will still be clear in third, possibly by more than 3 points.

Csaba, did not inherit the George Burley team, he didnt even inherit the fading team that finished 4th in 06/07.

Last year we finished 8th and deservedly so, with the exception of Kello, we have been fielding last seasons players (I know we have signed Obua and Tullberg, but injuries have limited their impact) and yet Csaba has improved results greatly.

Admittedly, the football hasnt been scintillating and the formation has been cagey to say the least, but a Manager can only work with the resources at his disposal.

What this club needs more than anything else is stability, results have improved through consistency of selection, now we need Csaba to identify the deadwood having given everyone an opportunity to impress and build towards the January transfer window.

Unless you have a giant pot of cash, building a side takes time, existing players need to be moved on (or in the case of Beslija/Makela -contracts expire) and targets need to be identified.

In the short term Csaba has to ensure that whatever the side he has at his disposal remains competitive on the pitch - 3rd in the League suggests he is doing this pretty well.

I don't think Robbo wouldn't come and I would rather get in Pressley as the defence is a shambles and he knows the Scottish game.

We need to by a poacher in the Robbo mould who can score goals. After losing Velicka how can we not have signed any of Sutton, Clarkson, Porter, Nish, Mehmet, Lovell, Higdon, Barratt just to name a few.

Alternativley and I know I will be shot down for this one after his bad first touch in opening game - Makela (as he can scotre goal and Mole cannot)

:eek: Oh Christ...WTF have you started???

Although I do agree with you...Get Robbo coaching the strikers and Pressley to sort out the defence!!

He did not get shafted, he was offered another jibm which he turned down (and later publicly said he would accept). Given his achievements since, it was the correct decision.

He did not get shafted, he was offered another jibm which he turned down (and later publicly said he would accept). Given his achievements since, it was the correct decision.

Maybe the jibm just didn't suit him at the time...:107years:

As for the rest of your post...What?????????

Didn't Robbo offer to come in as caretaker in between Frail leaving and Csaba's appointment though? Suggests he might be more amenable to these ideas than people might think.

Would be good as a coach for the strikers but too many cooks spoil the broth. Involving him in main coaching duties might not work that well.

Maybe the jibm just didn't suit him at the time...:107years:

As for the rest of your post...What?????????

The only thing dodgy about my post was the typing, other than that I thought it was fair.

He was shafted because Vlad oked his appointment yet 6 months later it was clear the writing was on the wall for him.He should never have been offered the job in the first place if that Russian Richard didnt want him.

He should never have been offered it in the first place. It was Pieman's last chance of doing something the fans wanted prior to selling up, and Vlad may have endorsed it, but he should have said nothing.

I think, ignoring the **** that could not have been predicted, it proved to be the correct decision, given what we achieved immediately after he left, and what he has acheived since at every other club he has been to - nothing.

He should never have been offered it in the first place. It was Pieman's last chance of doing something the fans wanted prior to selling up, and Vlad may have endorsed it, but he should have said nothing.

I think, ignoring the **** that could not have been predicted, it proved to be the correct decision, given what we achieved immediately after he left, and what he has acheived since at every other club he has been to - nothing.

Your on the wind up eh? given what we achieved immediately after he left,?????? .What money did he get to spend.Did he have the chance to work wi Skacel,Jani,Fyssas,Bednar,Brellier??? He brought in Lee Miller who scored every other game.Given a chance he could have done better.He wasnt thats in the past now.I just think he would bring something to us just now.If nothing else he would get the fans on side.

Archived