Heater ban would hit pubs

Vlad_Knows_Best

Vlad_Knows_Best

A ban on outdoor heaters as part of the battle against climate change could cost the UK pub and catering trade ?250 million a year in lost trade, it has been claimed.

Euro-MPs are expected to back a resolution calling on the European Commission to set a timetable for abolishing goods with low energy-efficiency ratings.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080130/tuk-heaters-ban-could-cost-pubs-250m-6323e80_2.html

What next? Are they trying to put Pubs/Bars completely out of business.

chester copperpot
A ban on outdoor heaters as part of the battle against climate change could cost the UK pub and catering trade ?250 million a year in lost trade, it has been claimed.

Euro-MPs are expected to back a resolution calling on the European Commission to set a timetable for abolishing goods with low energy-efficiency ratings.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080130/tuk-heaters-ban-could-cost-pubs-250m-6323e80_2.html

Quite right, smokers should freeze to death.

Maybe a ban on the hot air from euro polititians could stop climate change.

According to the OP, this is the result of Euro MPs. Nothing to do with our parliament.

CompleteIdiot

It's just another dimension of the increasingly nanny state. I suspect a ban on smoking on the street is coming next.

Where do they get these figures from?

Even if it does though, isn;t that the market deciding? Why should the pub trade be subsidised by the environment?

However, to me it seems merely a bit of green politics is being played. The effect on emmissions by these things is almost negligble, yet cars are still allowed on the road etc etc.

It seems that being seen to do something is more important than tackling the problem itself.

It's just another dimension of the increasingly nanny state. I suspect a ban on smoking on the street is coming next.

Which state is that? The Euro state?

It's all that Lord Shaftsbury's fault...he started it, banning kids from cleaning chimneys blah blah blah blah blah blah

CompleteIdiot
Which state is that? The Euro state?

It's all that Lord Shaftsbury's fault...he started it, banning kids from cleaning chimneys blah blah blah blah blah blah

Oh come on! This woman has the MO of a pathological nanny interferer.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/party/people/ms-fiona-hall.1271.html

She has no experience of business and no training in science. She is a professional 'do-gooder'.

Where do they get these figures from?

That'll be from the Licensed Trade Association no doubt. Those delightful people who moan constantly about how pubs are going to lose money as a result of legislation/weather/astrology etc. Yet funnily enough, their members' profits always seem to be ascensing!

Global warming is a load of pish.

No it's not, it is a fact.

Well climate change is a fact, and as "warming" is part of the change then it is a fact also.

I P Knightley
Global warming is a load of pish.

I think I know what you mean.

If there's a man-made problem, it sure as hell isn't caused in the main by a few patio heaters, is it?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

However, to me it seems merely a bit of green politics is being played. The effect on emmissions by these things is almost negligble, yet cars are still allowed on the road etc etc.

Actually the figures show that these heaters chuck out 30% more C02 than cars in the UK

Personally I think theyre stupid pointless things anyway

We live in the UK. Its cold here, deal with it. End of!

Actually the figures show that these heaters chuck out 30% more C02 than cars in the UK

Personally I think theyre stupid pointless things anyway

We live in the UK. Its cold here, deal with it. End of!

Spot on. If you're cold, drink more!

Archived