Youth keeper leaves - Haraldur Bjornsson

vegas-voss

Strange announcement. U21 international just jacks it in? Or is this just an amicable parting of the ways?

Shame - saw him on a few occasions and he looked a decent prospect for the future. I'd wish him all the best in his future goalkeeping career.

Seymour M Hersh
Ahh, right. So not such a strange announcement after all. Just a disingenuous one.

Good old Hearts! :rolleyes:

How are the club being disingenuous? He'll most likely be playing part time in Iceland. Of course perhaps SI can tell us differently.

Commander Harris
Both probably are most Icelandic players not part timers?

yup. I imagine it's both. The player says he's going to study and I've no reason to doubt him.

How are the club being disingenuous? He'll most likely be playing part time in Iceland. Of course perhaps SI can tell us differently.

It's my opinion.

I think it's of interest that there is another club involved and I'm surprised the club didn't see fit to mention that in the statement.

probably a part-time club in iceland.

i spoke to him not long ago and he said his contract ran out at the end of the year. then with balogh kello macdonald in the first team he would struggle to get into the squad.

but its strange how an u21 international just packs it in for economics.

thought he looked a good player for the future.

Never seen him play myself but my mate plays for Musselburgh Athletic and they played a friendly against a Hearts XI. My mate was pretty unimpressed with the goalie that game and it was Bjornsson that was in goal.

Is it not possible that Hearts released him and he signed part-time with Valur after that?

Indeed, perhaps they did not rate him and are simply sparing his blushes. Which, I suppose, would make a pleasant change to the way certain members of staff have been treated in the past.

siegementality
Indeed, perhaps they did not rate him and are simply sparing his blushes. Which, I suppose, would make a pleasant change to the way certain members of staff have been treated in the past.

Take some advice from your user name.

Take some advice from your user name.

How I regret picking that user name!

I mean, why should I be the only one on here not allowed to talk crap? :)

Strange announcement. U21 international just jacks it in? Or is this just an amicable parting of the ways?

BIT OF A STRANGE ONE!!! It says that he is going to Uni to study Ecomonics, does the Mad one have a job for him in his Business world????

Looked pretty impressive early on but imo hasnt progressed enough to be a first choice long term and now he is too old for youth football he had little chance of getting any playing time

He probably has recognised this too and decided his future lies away from FT football

Only thing being he cant sign properly or be registered until the january transfer window now so if he has they may well be amatuer

siegementality
How I regret picking that user name!

I mean, why should I be the only one on here not allowed to talk crap? :)

Change it, it's easily done, so easy some posters have changed their identity more than Jason Bourne(there's a suggestion for you).

Archived