CURTAIN POLE FITTING SERVICES

jambolass1000

Any fellow JKB members in this line of business or know anyone that is. I am thinking of changing my cheap white plastic track for one of those fancy poles, the only problem I have is its a Bay Window and its totally confusing of what is needed. I had a look in B&Q but again just not sure. I would rather get an expert in to supply and fit and at least then its been done right.

If you know anyone give me a shout.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Any fellow JKB members in this line of business or know anyone that is. I am thinking of changing my cheap white plastic track for one of those fancy poles, the only problem I have is its a Bay Window and its totally confusing of what is needed. I had a look in B&Q but again just not sure. I would rather get an expert in to supply and fit and at least then its been done right.

Pull yourself together man

Don't try and iron them you might fall out the window

http://www.handyman.co.uk/

also you can get parts of the pole that bend round the angles of a bay window. my mum has them fitted at her place. prob from john lewis as most of the stuff she gets if from there.

thanks, it is probably quite easy for someone that knows what they are doing. I will dig around and see what I can purchase.

Suspect Device

if its a standard rail (these are the type that have little hoops which slide back and forth under them for the cutain hooks to fit into).

you can bend these to suit a bay window no probs - however you will need 'bending rods' to stop the aluminium rail kinking (i've got these).

you can get plastic rails, which you can bend, but the plastic runners tend not to run as well, especially if the curtains are long or heavy (usually are on bay windows)

poles are usually a no no on bay windows due to needing more brackets at the bends, which stop the curtains opening / closing

if its a standard rail (these are the type that have little hoops which slide back and forth under them for the cutain hooks to fit into).

you can bend these to suit a bay window no probs - however you will need 'bending rods' to stop the aluminium rail kinking (i've got these).

you can get plastic rails, which you can bend, but the plastic runners tend not to run as well, especially if the curtains are long or heavy (usually are on bay windows)

poles are usually a no no on bay windows due to needing more brackets at the bends, which stop the curtains opening / closing

the curtains won't be getting closed, as I have blinds but curtains are just for decoration and make the room finished off.

donno.gif

A man who goes to punk gigs,drinks and follows football is giving advice on how to hang curtainsn1qshok.gif

Go and hang your head in shame :P

It's people like you with your curtains that make peeping toms lifes a misery.;)

Suspect Device
donno.gif

A man who goes to punk gigs,drinks and follows football is giving advice on how to hang curtainsn1qshok.gif

Go and hang your head in shame :P

gotta support the wifes business you know - even been known to fit the rails myself :P

you still not coming out to play on Sunday

Suspect Device
the curtains won't be getting closed, as I have blinds but curtains are just for decoration and make the room finished off.

wouldn't bother with a pole then, just get two straight bits of std rail and 4 brackets to fit along the 'angled' part of the bay (if you see what i mean)

pm me with sizes and i'll get you the stuff - should have enough lying about in the garage

jambolass1000
wouldn't bother with a pole then, just get two straight bits of std rail and 4 brackets to fit along the 'angled' part of the bay (if you see what i mean)

pm me with sizes and i'll get you the stuff - should have enough lying about in the garage

i already have a white track up with curtains but I fancied something more fancy like a brass pole.

Archived