Team to face Kilmarnock - must win game

JamboPete

After the shocking result against Dundee Utd, it is clear that there has to be personnel changes for what will be a difficult game on Saturday.

I think in all our home league games so far this season, we have been deserved winners, if we look at our away games however we have won 1 and lost 3, at Ibrox from what I saw I dont think we played that badly and was quite encouraged from some of our play, we deservedly won at Hamilton, at Falkirk from what I have rad and saw on TV again we were very unlucky to lose a game we should have won, then we move onto Dundee Utd and by all accounts we were very poor, but if we put this into perspective, that is 1 bad game in 7, not that bad a record, and we are still third in the SPL.

over the weekend I was thinking ahead to next Saturdays game and the changes that I would make.

GK - Kello - has done nothing wrong, so would keep him in place

RB - Zaliukas - Jonsson is suspended and Thomson IMO is not good enough, also I think Zal is more suited at RB than Karipidis as Zal likes to move forward and I think may do well in this role.

CB - Karipidis - has done not too bad in the midfield however he formed a good pairing with Berra at time last season.

CB - Berra - see above

LB - Lee Wallace - not the ideal LB but we are very short of options there just now.

RM - Kingston - I know he has been geting bad press from fans about work rate but he is probably our best outfield player on his day.

CM - Stewart - one of our best players this season, keeps his place.

CM - Palazuelos - deserves a chance in the side, had a few good performances last season.

LM - Miko - unless Driver is fit, Miko can do a job on the left.

ST - Nade - has to start, he must be fully fit by now and is probably our best striker IMO.

ST - Glen - a young player who came into the side at the end of last season and did very well, mole & ksanavicius have done pretty poorly overall, Glen IMO will give more effort and be more of a goal threat.

Thoughts & opinions are welcome.:)

After the shocking result against Dundee Utd, it is clear that there has to be personnel changes for what will be a difficult game on Saturday.

I think in all our home league games so far this season, we have been deserved winners, if we look at our away games however we have won 1 and lost 3, at Ibrox from what I saw I dont think we played that badly and was quite encouraged from some of our play, we deservedly won at Hamilton, at Falkirk from what I have rad and saw on TV again we were very unlucky to lose a game we should have won, then we move onto Dundee Utd and by all accounts we were very poor, but if we put this into perspective, that is 1 bad game in 7, not that bad a record, and we are still third in the SPL.

over the weekend I was thinking ahead to next Saturdays game and the changes that I would make.

RB - Zaliukas - Jonsson is suspended and Thomson IMO is not good enough, also I think Zal is more suited at RB than Karipidis as Zal likes to move forward and I think may do well in this role.

CB - Karipidis - has done not too bad in the midfield however he formed a good pairing with Berra at time last season.

CB - Berra - see above

LB - Lee Wallace - not the ideal LB but we are very short of options there just now.

RM - Kingston - I know he has been geting bad press from fans about work rate but he is probably our best outfield player on his day.

CM - Palazuelos - deserves a chance in the side, had a few good performances last season.

ST - Nade - has to start, he must be fully fit by now and is probably our best striker IMO.

ST - Glen - a young player who came into the side at the end of last season and did very well, mole & ksanavicius have done pretty poorly overall, Glen IMO will give more effort and be more of a goal threat.

I thought Jonsson was available for the next match. He didnt get a straight red card so its not an automatic suspension.

Elsewhere I would drop Kingston to the bench. Put Lee Wallace at left midfield, Mateij Rapnik at left back, play Chesny instead of Kingston at right midfield. The rest of your team I like.

The People's Chimp

CB - Berra - see above

I would be very, very happy to see this.

Jambof3tornado

The team will be as tannadice except Nude;) and Tullberg will start and Glen will be on the bench,Jamie has had his chance and didnt take it.

The team will be as tannadice except Nude;) and Tullberg will start and Glen will be on the bench,Jamie has had his chance and didnt take it.

Again I would take that. A change up front of any description would be welcome, unless it involved Makela of course.

CB - Berra - see above

Yes he is, but he's also a lazy wage thief. Drop him until he gets his attitude sorted. I wouod play Aguiar before Ruben too.

We_are_the_Hearts

Kello

Brown-Berra-Zaliukas-Deland

Kingston-Stewart-Aguair-Miko

Nade

Tullberg

Driver for Nade if fit. Give Bruno and Mike a run out tomorrow.

Do you know something? or is the above just a bit of guesswork?

Jambof3tornado
Do you know something? or is the above just a bit of guesswork?

I know that having mole in the team with audrey doesnt work!!!

No inside info but working on the fact that Nade isnt going to get any fitter,just sharper through playing matches,and that he linked up in a sort of fashion with Tullberg at dundee then I would like to think that Csaba will give it a go with 2 up,he keeps telling us he likes 4-4-2.

Home game against Killie and the fans will go daft if we see a bench with 2 of our better strikers sat on it!!!

No point putting 4-4-2 down as we are going to play 4-4-1-1

Kello

Rapnik

Berra

Zal

Thomson

Miko

Morweic(sp)not seen a lot of him but he is a natural DM

Stewart

Chesney

Glen

Mole/Tullberg

I know that having mole in the team with audrey doesnt work!!!

No inside info but working on the fact that Nade isnt going to get any fitter,just sharper through playing matches,and that he linked up in a sort of fashion with Tullberg at dundee then I would like to think that Csaba will give it a go with 2 up,he keeps telling us he likes 4-4-2.

Home game against Killie and the fans will go daft if we see a bench with 2 of our better strikers sat on it!!!

Totally agree, we have to win on Saturday.

IF we put out our best 11 we will have more than a chance.

PS. what is your thoughts on Zaliukas at RB?

Malcolm Tucker

Kello

Thomson

Berra

Zaliukas

Wallace

Kingston

Karipidis

Stewart

Miko

Audrey

Nade

Put your mortage on it.

Captain Lithuania

CB - Berra - see above

Kello

Wallace Berra Zaliukas Jonsson (if not suspended)

Miko Stewart Aguiar Kingston

Glen Tullberg

Nelly Terraces

If the dwarf and Mole are playin then we can forget a win here. Surely he's gotta change it and put Tuborg up there wi either Fat go-Nads or Glen. Drop Zaliukas, stick the Greek in beside ball watcher Berra and plonk Ruben in front of the back 4. Hopefully Drivers fit and it's cheero to lazy Larry as well. We might actually get a result there.

If not, pub at half time anyone?:rolleyes:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Csaba needs to make changes. Would like to see:

Kello

Thomson Zaliukas Berra Rapnik

Kingston Stewart Palazuelos Miko

Tullberg

Nade

Subs: Balogh, Karipidis, Wallace, Aguiar, Mrowiec, Mole, Glen

Wallace has not been playing great so far this season so would like to see Rapnik given a shot to see what he can do at LB. I'm sure Csaba also said that Tullberg is more likely to set up rather than score goals so I think he might do a decent job 'in the hole'. Karipidis played well in the first few games but I think it is time for Ruben to be given a shot beside Stewart.

No point putting 4-4-2 down as we are going to play 4-4-1-1

Kello

Rapnik

Berra

Zal

Thomson

Miko

Morweic(sp)not seen a lot of him but he is a natural DM

Stewart

Chesney

Glen

Mole/Tullberg

I Would Like To See That On Saturday But Tulberg Starting And Sub Him For Nade At Half Time, with mole on the bench

Csaba's Broon Shoes

-----------------------Kello Kello---------------------------------

Thompson-----------------------------------------Wallace

------------------Berra---------Karipidis--------------------

------------------------Ruben---------------------------

Miko------------------------------------------Driver if fit /Chesney

------------------------Stewart-----------------------------

-----------------Nade------------Glen----------------------

subs----MacDonald , Rapnik , Zalukas , Ksanavisious , Toolburg , McGowan , Kingston

Must go with a front 2 at home

I dont want to see Wallace in the team on saturday. He's been a nightmare all season and we're leaking goals through him. Anyone but Wallace. Surely we have someone who can cover. Rapnik is surely due a chance even though its probably not his natural position.

I dont want to see Kingston anywhere near our team again until he's looked up the meaning of "professional" and "commitment"

Karapidis is a decent player in my opinion and should play, just not in the role he has been playing. Move him to right back or shoehorn him into central defence and play Zal at right back.

Palazuelos or the Polish chappie for the holding role ( Not that I think we should be playing with a holder at home to Killie anyway)

I dont care much if we play one up front or two up front, but the creation of chances has to start coming no matter how many we're playing up front. I'd prefer Nade and Tullberg to start but even if your persisting with Mole for a while longer (please dont) we have to have some support for him or its a waste of a jersey.

Do something Csaba. Anything to shake things up a bit !!!

Going with the same team and tactics is simply not an option. You cannot be seen to be rewarding THAT performance by selecting the same failures again.

Jambof3tornado
-----------------------Kello Kello---------------------------------

Thompson-----------------------------------------Wallace

------------------Berra---------Karipidis--------------------

------------------------Ruben---------------------------

Miko------------------------------------------Driver if fit /Chesney

------------------------Stewart-----------------------------

-----------------Nade------------Glen----------------------

subs----MacDonald , Rapnik , Zalukas , Ksanavisious , Toolburg , McGowan , Kingston

Must go with a front 2 at home

2 goalies will help with the clean sheet I imagine!!

Zaliukas has been better than Berra at CB so no point dropping him,and I am sure that Karapidis is only in the team to take the ball short from our captain as he struggles to pass the ball further than 8 feet!!

If I had someone else to play at left back Wallace would be dropped like a stone,perhaps Obua when fit will offer some competition(I know many want him in behind a striker but how many times has LW given the opposition an easy run in on goal??).

Nade and Glen up front would do a job,Glen is industrious and will last 90 minutes so when Nade tires Tullberg can come off the bench.

As for Larry K,I am afraid as much as I would drop him right now,he can make the difference in a game,however I would make it very clear to him that if he aint performing he will be hooked before halftime and replaced by teenie or tynie tiger!!

The Kello

Karapidis

Zaliukas

Berra

Wallace

Miko

Stewart

Palazuelos

Driver

Tullebrg

Nade

Would be very happy with that. The only change I would consider making would have Glen in for Tullberg as I can't see him being that fit.

Kello

Karapidis Rapnik Berra Ruben

Miko Kingston Stewart Driver

Nade Tullberg

That team will get goals, believe me!!

Kello

Thomson

Berra

Zaliukas

Wallace

Kingston

Karipidis

Stewart

Miko

Audrey

Nade

Put your mortage on it.

I am a bit worried there is no wink beside that.

in a Vlad free world my team would be...........

Kello

Karipidis Zaliukas Berra Wallace(only option just now)

Mikoliunas Stewart Palazuelos Driver

Nade Glen

I would like to see us change the tactics a bit and go 3-4-3

----------------KELLO--------------------

------------------------------------------

----------Karapidi--Zaliuckas-Berra--------

Kingston---Eggert---Stewart---------Miko

-----------------------------------------

----------Nade-Tullberg--Glen------------

letsalllaughathobos

kello

berra- kari-zali

miko-stewart-kingston-ruben-driver

tullberg-nade

3-5-2 attack attack attack

dont let them breath

reckon it will be the same as dundee though

Guest jambomickey
I would like to see us change the tactics a bit and go 3-4-3

----------------KELLO--------------------

----------Karapidi--Zaliuckas-Berra--------

Kingston---Eggert---Stewart---------Miko

-----------------------------------------

----------Nade-Tullberg--Glen------------

we'd get destroyed down the flanks playing that

we'd get destroyed down the flanks playing that

Would we?

Who are Killies amazing wingers?

I think miko has shown he is more than capable of putting in a shift and tracking back and if that useless waste of space kingston doesnt do it just get him subbed for ruben and let eggert go out to the right

It cant be any worse than 4-5-1

Hopefully Tullberg can get some time in the reserves so that he can make 60 minutes against Killie.

..................Special K

Thomson... Zal ....Berra ....Wallace

Miko .....Stewart ...Mrowiec ... Driver (Ruben if unfit)

.................Nade

.........................Tullberg

Jambof3tornado
Hopefully Tullberg can get some time in the reserves so that he can make 60 minutes against Killie.

..................Special K

Thomson... Zal ....Berra ....Wallace

Miko .....Stewart ...Mrowiec ... Driver (Ruben if unfit)

.................Nade

.........................Tullberg

Does tullberg need reserves time to get 60 minutes worth next weekend?? I wouldnt have said so.

I saw a bit of Ruben playing on the wing in a recent reserve game and he did ok.

Kello

Thomson, Zal, Berra, Wallace

Miko, Stewart, Mrowiec, Driver (Ruben if unfit)

Glen Tullberg

the team needs freshened up and we need to start with 2 upfront, we're beginning to become predictable again

So, Killie on Saturday is a "must win game"!

Perhaps taking the view that EVERY game is a "must win game" might not be a bad idea.

So, Killie on Saturday is a "must win game"!

Perhaps taking the view that EVERY game is a "must win game" might not be a bad idea.

Indeed. Maybe we wouldn`t be in this situation if we had treated Falkirk and Utd games as "must win"!

You can`t win them all but we have developed a bad habit over the last two years of not tieing up points that would give us a bit of a stretch ahead of the rest.

How often have we looked at the league table and thought along the lines of " 3 points v StMidden today coupled with a Sheep defeat at Parkhead and we`ll go 6 ahead of them".......we then go on to be held to a draw or get a shock defeat and the trend continues at various points in the season.

It`s more the away games that are letting us down though but obviously a strong home record is vital too.

maroonplatoon87

GK- KELLO- been solid, excellent signing

LB- RAPNIK- wallace is to sure of his place in the team, lack of competition.

RB- KARIPIDIS- asuming JONSSON is suspended

CB- BERRA - he's all we have

CB- ZALIUKAS - same as Berra

DM- RUBEN- too good to leave out

ML- DRIVER- if fit, if not then MIKO

MR- MIKO- Larry is a luxury

MC- BRUNO - can't afford STEWART to pick up a ban

FC- NADE - gets a lot of abuse but hasn't had a chance this season

FC- TULLBERG- he'll be well up for a home debut

Malcolm Tucker
I am a bit worried there is no wink beside that.

That's the time I think we will see, H.A.N.S.

Not the team I would ideally put out.

Archived