Ruben considers quitting

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/29/SPL-Palazuelos-considers-quitting/

Hearts midfielder Ruben Palazuelos has said he will consider his future with the Tynecastle club if he fails to hold down a regular place in the first team.

Speaking after their 3-0 defeat at Tannadice on Saturday, the Spaniard was clearly unhappy about the way he has been utilised since the arrival of Csaba Laszlo.

Palazuelos has stated he is happy with life in the capital, but he admits his patience will soon run out if he has to wait much longer for his first start under the Hungarian coach.

?I don't know how long I can wait. In football, anything is possible," Palazuelos told the Evening News. ?I am very happy here and I want to stay, but football is difficult and it's not possible for me to stay one year here and not play.

?It's too early to speak about this now, maybe after one month or two months more we will speak about it.

?I don't know what will happen in one week or two weeks, maybe the situation will change and become better for me.

?In eight games I have played almost nothing, only little bits.

?I'm finding it hard but this is a question for the manager. It's important for me to play in the team."

Don't blame him

I wish him all the best

He is too good for our joke team

Orrrr....

you could have said, 'please dont go Ruben, stay and help our team get better'

After Saturdays performance he should be partnering Stewart in the centre of midfield. It would give us far better balance.

Tynecastle Valhalla
After Saturdays performance he should be partnering Stewart in the centre of midfield. It would give us far better balance.

agreed

agreed

Does make you wonder about VR's influence in team selection, seeing the effort he went to to sign Ruben in the first place!

Orrrr....

I'm sure he is giving his all in training

He is a class act and warms the bench as people play before him are of the same standard as Hutchie Vale

He wants to play and he's not getting a game. He's prepared to wait and while and see what happens before he makes any rash decisions about his future. Sounds like a sensible approach to me. :)

Its criminal that Ruben has been dropped out the frame!!!!!

One of the best footballers at the club and by all acounts seem's like a total pro off the park.

Get it feckin sorted oot Laszlo!!!

Say What Again
Orrrr....

He could have, but I think what he did say was more accurate.

i wouldn't notice if he did leave,he has a bit part role now anyway and he's not usually effective when he does come on.plus his shots are scandalous

Palazeulos is a neat & tidy player and he rarely gives the ball away which I like ... but he doesn't really do very much except keep the ball moving although too often it's sideways or backwards....he doesn't offer any better tackling than Stewart or Karipidis and he hasn't put in too many decisive through passes or crosses.....it would be interesting to have seen him play for his previous teams to see how they utilised him and if they were able to get more effective productivity from Ruben.

i wouldn't notice if he did leave,he has a bit part role now anyway and he's not usually effective when he does come on.plus his shots are scandalous

Have you seen Obua's shooting?

I'll drive him to the airport for free...

I think there is a few people on here who would drive you to the airport, if it meant you not posting on here again.

This whole scenario actually makes you wonder if Csaba pays any real attention to the teams we are playing against. Most play 4-4-2 - so it begs the question of why do we actually need to play a centre half in the holding midfield position. I'd far rather see someone playing in midfield, all be it deep, who can actually play with the ball at his feet and make passes.

i sometimes wonder if we've now become totally preoccupied with stopping the opposition playing (no matter who it is) rather than trying to hurt teams through playing incisive football.

Malcolm Tucker
Don't blame him

I wish him all the best

He's good, but horrendously over-rated by a lot of people.

He has no right foot whatsoever, and he runs circles rather than find a pass and go forward.

As I say, good, but not 'too good' by any stretch of the imagination.

Also here

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Ruben-pleads-for-a-chance.4537103.jp

No offence to Karapidis, but it must be rather soul destroying to be a midfielder and see your space being taken up by a centre half.

Csaba just mustn't fancy him (Palazuelos), given what Csaba has said about Bruno too.

Csaba has stated that he sees Ruben as an attacking centre mid player rather than defensive, so it's Stewart that's keeping him out.

Whether that's the right choice is another debate

Orrrr....

How is he meant to help the Team get better when he's not getting a Game??? :rolleyes:

I'll drive him to the airport for free...

I'll pay yer petrol aswell mate, the guy is an absolute donkey, he'd be better on a basketball court he so gangly and useless.

Never understood why folk on her rate him, he's gash.

Get off the wage bill Ruben, no loss at all.

Palazeulos is a neat & tidy player and he rarely gives the ball away which I like ... but he doesn't really do very much except keep the ball moving although too often it's sideways or backwards....he doesn't offer any better tackling than Stewart or Karipidis and he hasn't put in too many decisive through passes or crosses.....it would be interesting to have seen him play for his previous teams to see how they utilised him and if they were able to get more effective productivity from Ruben.

I am pretty sure the manager would have took all those things in to consideration before we signed him. :rolleyes:

I don't personally rate the guy but he would be a better option that Karapidis IMO. We get absolutely nothing from Kara in the role he is playing.

The People's Chimp

I agree, I haven't been a big fan of his, as I think he simply knocks the ball sideways and doesn't create enough going forward. BUT based on kara's performance on sat, ruben should have been right on at half time. He is a better option than a centre half in midfield.

The People's Chimp
I think there is a few people on here who would drive you to the airport, if it meant you not posting on here again.

I'd certainly be willing to load up the horse box and head towards the knacker's yard.

I think the majority certainly feel he should be in the team ahead of karapidis.

I am not in the least bit surprised he wants to quit!

Is he being treated worse than Brellier?

We have a big enough squad that we need not be playing players out of position. This is, IMO, the most wretched thing about Hearts for the last 3 seasons! We keep doing this and it is just nonsensical.

You can get away with it for the odd match when circumstances require it, but not for a run of games...Jonsson got found out in his new position on Saturday and so did Karapidis. We cannot afford to keep making the same mistake again and again and again...

We have a big enough squad that we need not be playing players out of position. This is, IMO, the most wretched thing about Hearts for the last 3 seasons! We keep doing this and it is just nonsensical.

You can get away with it for the odd match when circumstances require it, but not for a run of games...Jonsson got found out in his new position on Saturday and so did Karapidis. We cannot afford to keep making the same mistake again and again and again...

Jonsson is learning his new position and from what i have seen he will be very good at it but he is young and will have some games where he is struggling.

As for Ruben well i like him and feel he is more suited to the role in CM but Csaba says that if he were to go in the middle both him and Stewart are mince in the air and that will cause difficulties also that Ruben would want to attack more as with Stewart and it wouldnt be a good balance.

Totally overrated player.

God knows how he managed to get player of the year from this forum.Basically if he was anywhere near as good as folk think he is then he would walk into our team but the truth is he just does not do enough.

What is his role meant to be in the team ?

ToadKiller Dog

So the title does not fit the story once again,he is not considering quiting but might look at his options a few months down the line if he doesnt start more often fair enough i imagine there are lots of other players world wide thinking the same.

I would be more worried if he stated he was happy sitting on the bench waiting his turn.

My preference would be for him to play .

Totally overrated player.

God knows how he managed to get player of the year from this forum.Basically if he was anywhere near as good as folk think he is then he would walk into our team but the truth is he just does not do enough.

What is his role meant to be in the team ?

Benchwarmer it would appear.

"Totally overrated player.

What is his role meant to be in the team ?"

Are you stating that this forum knows nothing about football, more or less than Romanov?

"Totally overrated player.

What is his role meant to be in the team ?"

Are you stating that this forum knows nothing about football, more or less than Romanov?

My personal opinion is he never really done anything to justify getting a player of the year award.He hardly played the first half of the season and hardly set the SPL alight when he finally did get in.How many goals did he set up or if he is a DM how many attacks did he break up.He just floats about games with most passing him by.

Average football player IMO, no better than Stewart or Bruno.

Another one to get off the wage bill hopefully, and replace with quality in the transfer January window.

Somer people have short memories. His form last season was one of the only bright spots in the season. Given the calabre of some of the players around him and the support (or lack of it) he received I thought he showed up well in both his application and consistancy. Hell there are a whole raft of others I would want to see shunted before Ruben. Perhaps if he was played in the position that persuaded Romanov to sign him (defensive midfield) them we would see the best from him.

Seymour M Hersh
]I'm sure he is giving his all in training[/b]

He is a class act and warms the bench as people play before him are of the same standard as Hutchie Vale

Maybe you shouldn't be too sure about that.

Somer people have short memories. His form last season was one of the only bright spots in the season. Given the calabre of some of the players around him and the support (or lack of it) he received I thought he showed up well in both his application and consistancy.

He did ok last Season but no more than that.

Hell there are a whole raft of others I would want to see shunted before Ruben.

Agreed.

But he would be on the list to go imo and tbh I'm not really fussed in what order they leave.

Perhaps if he was played in the position that persuaded Romanov to sign him (defensive midfield) them we would see the best from him.

Csaba see's him an attacking Midfielder apparantly.

Seymour M Hersh

RP is an okay player imo. As others have mentioned tidy decent passer (albeit mostly sideways or back) but he is not the impact player who would suddenly make us a fantastic team as some seem to think. Bottom line it's up to him to prove to Laszlo he is the man for the job. Doesn't really do that at training (when I've been watching). And moaning in the press is unlikely to do his cause much good either I'd have thought.

After Saturdays performance he should be partnering Stewart in the centre of midfield. It would give us far better balance.[/QUOT

we are missing him in midfield his passing and holding of the ball its time he got his chance , last season I thought that he was one of our best performers

rudi must stay
Don't blame him

I wish him all the best

rubbish. He is a luxury player, in other words he's good but the style of football he plays doesn't suit our league. He should go imo

I think Ruben would be a handy player in a good team.

Make of that what you will.

Buffalo Bill

Ineffective player.

Hopefully he will leave in January and free up some room on the wage bill for someone suited to the Scottish game. Plenty young players in the SPL we should be trying to bring in.

If he is "ineffective" and should be punted then by that rational so should most of the first team squad. He was so "ineffective" that for most of last season his "ineffective" playing style fooled large numbers on this board to regularly vote him "man of the match"

Great trick if you can manage it.

I can hear the responses now, "but there was not any real competition". Fair do's but that is not his problem, in fact I think it says more for the guy that he maintained a standard of performance whilst in the main playing along side c..p. The fact the manager insists that he is seen as an attacking midfielder is baffling as his career stats show otherwise. I do not think the guy would expect to compete for that position but I do feel that he is more that able to slot into a position being played by an out of position centre back who I suspect may not wish to be playing in that berth either.

If you pay for the holiday as well i'll take you up on the offer:)

Also here

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Ruben-pleads-for-a-chance.4537103.jp

No offence to Karapidis, but it must be rather soul destroying to be a midfielder and see your space being taken up by a centre half.

Csaba just mustn't fancy him (Palazuelos), given what Csaba has said about Bruno too.

Csaba doesnt have a choice. He like everyone else at Hearts does as he is told or hes history.

If he is "ineffective" and should be punted then by that rational so should most of the first team squad. He was so "ineffective" that for most of last season his "ineffective" playing style fooled large numbers on this board to regularly vote him "man of the match"

Great trick if you can manage it.

I can hear the responses now, "but there was not any real competition". Fair do's but that is not his problem, in fact I think it says more for the guy that he maintained a standard of performance whilst in the main playing along side c..p. The fact the manager insists that he is seen as an attacking midfielder is baffling as his career stats show otherwise. I do not think the guy would expect to compete for that position but I do feel that he is more that able to slot into a position being played by an out of position centre back who I suspect may not wish to be playing in that berth either.

I think that the KB award was laughable.

I don't think he is an attacking midfielder and given his lack of strength is certainly not a defensive midfielder in the SPL.

Why did you (and tromos) think that he was the Hearts man of the match on Saturday?

Archived