Stewart's form fading?

Coco

I think Mikey Stewart had an excellent start to the season. Looked a lot fitter and motivated.

But in his last 2 games his performances have shaded in my view. What do people think - is this a recurrence of his past performances which tended to see him start a season well before shading away? Or is it just a function of the team playing more poorly?

How long can he keep carrying the team?

I think Mikey Stewart had an excellent start to the season. Looked a lot fitter and motivated.

But in his last 2 games his performances have shaded in my view. What do people think - is this a recurrence of his past performances which tended to see him start a season well before shading away? Or is it just a function of the team playing more poorly?

It's looking like it could be a carbon copy of last season for him.

His temperament is awful.

I think it's a team thing. Not reall firing at the moment and maybe if some of the other players tried as much as Mikey did then we might have more points.

I would give him a few more games before judging.

But against United he had no help and Levein had obviously done his homework as every time he was on the ball he was immediately closed down and had a man or two on top of him.

I thought he was one of the few decent players against Inverness to be honest.

But he needs somebody else to take responsibility in midfield no matter what. Kingston has been poor, Miko plays in fits and starts, Karipidid contributes nothing with the ball and we badly miss Driver.

I think someone like Bruno Aguair would be the idea player to play alongside him. Might help Stewarts perfomances

He needs someone like kingston to take some of the pressure off him. As others have said Levein had him well covered on Saturday but we had nobody else step up and dictate play

Based entirely on a game or 2?

Yes, as said I think his form in the last couple of games has faded from the high standard of the first couple of games.

I'm hoping that it is a blip as he is such an important player for us. I think that the poor performances of others round about him might drag him down though.

The problem with Mikey Stewart is that at times he is one of the only players on the park actually giving a ****, IMO, it must be hard to remain at his motivational peak when those around him arent doing their bit.

Its frustrating enough watching it let alone actually being in the middle of it. I've felt for Stewart at times this season. The guy cares, cant be said for the majority of the players based on evidence.

:(

His performances over the past two games has still seen him carry the team and be the man of the match for us. If we lose him we are in deep do do on the pitch. More that we have been playing more difficult teams for the last couple of weeks imo.

Yes, as said I think his form in the last couple of games has faded from the high standard of the first couple of games.

I'm hoping that it is a blip as he is such an important player for us. I think that the poor performances of others round about him might drag him down though.

Yep,

But realistically, he was never going to be able to keep it up.

The issue with the team is that they are not only inconsistent, but that good performances come from them playing well above their natural capacity.

IMO, the reason that players move to bigger and better teams and play better, is not just they they themselves improve, but that those around them allow them to play to their potential.

A great striker is good, but he is 10 times better with great service from the wings.

So we can argue all day about the players just playing better, having some fire in their belly etc, but that is partly Csabas job,m and partly their own desire. Not something we can really help them fix.

So if we put that aside, what else is there?

Well changing personnel, Bruno must be dying on a game...for example.

Youngsters, not a solution to who will be running the game, but maybe in other positions can add a bit of spark. And not as long term solutions. only temporary to get the others back on track.

And some new blood. Kello is becoming a solid keeper for us. thats good. I like Berra and Stewart, but I think we have missed a spine in the team since we lost, Pressley and Hartley (and Gordon).

A spine that allowed others to play off them, and play to their potential.

So 2 further questions arise.

1. Can Kello, Berra and Mickey become these players - is this the intention?

2. If they cannot, who can? - new players?

I enjoy being loyal to players, especially good Scottish talent, but I am also realistic, and although would not want to see Stewart or Berra out the team, I think a new controlling, organizing and dominating spine, of a new Center back and a centre midfielder (pref attacking mid) would go a long way to solve our problem.

i also think up front needs sorted, but I have yet to see Tullberg, Glen and Nade firing on all cylinders.

I do not think Mole and Audry are the answers.

Stewart is suffering from carrying the midfield yet again and being 'the only' creative player going forward.

Until Csaba shows some balls and dumps Kingston from the team and move Karipidis we will watch our team and Stewart suffer.

I can't wait till January in the hope that we will get rid of more Hearts FC passengers... ESPECIALLY LARRY (the badge kisser) KINGSTON... he is hopeless!

I also think CL marked MS out the game, getting him frustrated, rather than simply his form going.

If Mickey doesnt play, Hearts struggle. Its not difficult for opposition mangers really.

I thought Stewart had a good first 40 minutes or so on saturday however his booking curtailed the way he has been playing as his all energy style could easily have lead to a sending off ... as happened to Jonsson after his booking.

Mikey Stewart tries harder than ANYONE at the club - FACT

However and here is the big HOWEVER

Everytime and I mean EVERYTIME he lunges in a tackle or gets fouled, I think he will get sent off.

He makes Pasquale Bruno look like Lee Wallace!

He is a danger to us

The People's Chimp

I don't think his form has "faded" but that he cannot carry the team week in week out. Only miko was offering any form of support, and every time the ball went to mole, or audrey, it was another move broken down. I dont think nstewart can be criticised at all for not being 3 players all at once.

And I hope this doesn't become the JKB gospel because enough people say it, and we'll be back to folk booing him and shouting abuse before we know it.

I don't think his form has "faded" but that he cannot carry the team week in week out. Only miko was offering any form of support, and every time the ball went to mole, or audrey, it was another move broken down. I dont think nstewart can be criticised at all for not being 3 players all at once.

And I hope this doesn't become the JKB gospel because enough people say it, and we'll be back to folk booing him and shouting abuse before we know it.

:)

His slump usually comes around Christmas judging by hois previous seasons in Scotland.

A bit earlier this year?

i think inverness he was one of our best players so it's a bit of a biased view just to base an opinion on saturday when everyone wasn't up to scratch.

I am sure someone said that he was sick on the pitch again against Falkirk. Could he also be carrying a slight injury? Though he still does more work than any other.

The harder he tries, the less effective he becomes IMO.

Needs more help from his team-mates. Needs the ball to stick better and longer up front so that he can get involved. Needs to play alongside players who are prepared to work harder than Kingston, Ksanavicius, and Mikoliunas are.

Needs more help from his team-mates. Needs the ball to stick better and longer up front so that he can get involved. Needs to play alongside players who are prepared to work harder than Kingston, Ksanavicius, and Mikoliunas are.

As bizarre as that sounds I have to say I agree with you.

He gets easily frustrated and this leads to him not concentrating on the match.

The wayward passes and bad tackles then enter his game.

I've seen evidence of that creeping in over the last couple of matches.

Only time will tell really but it certainly did not help him on Saturday that they played with three in central midfield compared to our two.

It must be sole destroying for players such as him when our defence sits far too deep and we have no forwards capable of holding the ball up or scoring for that matter.

We lost the goals at bad times which didn't help but hopefully Stewart's foirm picks up again because we seem to struggle when he is not on form.

I am sure someone said that he was sick on the pitch again against Falkirk. Could he also be carrying a slight injury? Though he still does more work than any other.

He has had a bit of a hamstring problem but as far as I know he trained all of last week.

Francis Albert

Along with Miko I thought he was our best performer by some margin against ICT. I didn't see Saturday's game but is there any footballer in the world who plays consistently well in EVERY game?

Sounds like CL had his midfielders 'ganging up' on Mikey every time he had the ball..............what a surprise, EXACTLY what they did last time I saw them when they ripped us at Tynie :(

CL doesn't have to be the new Messiah to see that our team operates solely around MS at the moment and if you stifle him the games pretty much over

Agree with your comment apart from the part about Mikoliunas, who I think is working his socks off at the moment. Stewart must despair when he sees the efforts of Mole and Audrey to do anything productive.

kyle_ferguson10

For the love of god!!

Mikey Stewart has been our best player since the start of the season he has ony had 1 bad game and that was at tannadice but everyone was poor. He played well enough last week as he got man of the match i heard that as i was walking out of the stadium so give the lad a break him berra and kello are only people to be looking inerested at the moment

As said before was starting to have a positive influence until his booking. Then left scared to tackle and with no help from Crap at this.

Mikey Stewart sums up the current Hearts team - average. He may have played briefly for Man U but when you compare him with Cameron, Hartley or Fulton he's nowhere near as good as any of those 3.

Along with Miko I thought he was our best performer by some margin against ICT. I didn't see Saturday's game but is there any footballer in the world who plays consistently well in EVERY game?

I thought that along with Kello and Miko Stewart was our best player in both the Inverness and Dundee United games. In the United game he was left 2 on 1 a lot of the time due to the lack of work from Kingston and Karipidis.

In his career though he's had bright starts to a season followed by a shading of form. And his last 2 games have not been as good as his start to the season. Hopefully that is just a blip.

Mikey Stewart sums up the current Hearts team - average. He may have played briefly for Man U but when you compare him with Cameron, Hartley or Fulton he's nowhere near as good as any of those 3.[/QUOTE]

None of the strikers playing in the SPL today are as good as Robbo or Ally McCoist .... but we can't live in the past we must live in the present.

kyle_ferguson10
Mikey Stewart sums up the current Hearts team - average. He may have played briefly for Man U but when you compare him with Cameron, Hartley or Fulton he's nowhere near as good as any of those 3.

ARE U JOKING!!!! hartley yes he is a good player but stewart is better than him easily

cameron and fulton better than him back in the day but why bring them up now when they cant do nothing for us. stewart is here now to help us so dont sit there and slate him when he has been our best player all season

Mikey Stewart sums up the current Hearts team - average. He may have played briefly for Man U but when you compare him with Cameron' date=' Hartley or Fulton he's nowhere near as good as any of those 3.[/[/b']QUOTE]

None of the strikers playing in the SPL today are as good as Robbo or Ally McCoist .... but we can't live in the past we must live in the present.

I can't disagree with that mate - but I just can't help looking at the current Hearts team and thinking how poorly they compare with some of the teams that we've had over the last 15 years. I also think there's a number of players at other non old firm SPL clubs who could vastly improve our team.

ARE U JOKING!!!! hartley yes he is a good player but stewart is better than him easily

cameron and fulton better than him back in the day but why bring them up now when they cant do nothing for us. stewart is here now to help us so dont sit there and slate him when he has been our best player all season

Hartley is a far better player IMO and I suspect most people would agree with me on that. But I agree that comparing the current players with those in the past is fairly pointless (and depressing!).

• 1 month later...

Stewart couldn't have won a 50-50 against celtics ladies today.

Usual crap we have been seeing from him recently.

Exact same as last season.

Archived