Does anybody else feel a bit stupid?

topcat

Now that the dust has settled I feel a bit stupid for briefly swallowing the hobonomic spin that inflated a missed wage run into a complete meltdown. I now realise that I was being a gullible idiot, spooked into panic by a serious wind up.

I feel a bit better for admitting it.

Anybody else?

There certainly was a sustained effort by a number of posters to create mayhem with some of the allegations that were being made. The "post count" for most of them gave away their true allegiances in most cases.

From my perspective, however, I was appalled to see how many people appeared to hope that things were going belly up - just so that they could say "I was right and I told you so"

For one reason or another paranoia will always reign on the board - nothing is going to change that in the short term.

I think if it was just one missed wage run then yes no problem nothing to worry about, "nothing to see here, move on". However it was TWO wage runs, the players on the Friday then the staff wages the following week were delayed IIRC, on top of all the other mistakes made by the current regime, that led to a bit of worry by Hearts fans, though I concede some of the rumours subsequently posted about Campell Ogilvie walking etc, were totally out of order. So on balance if it had just been one missed wage run then fine but it wasn't and this was on top of all the other Vlad mistakes over the last few years therefore any sensible Hearts fan should be concerned.

I think if it was just one missed wage run then yes no problem nothing to worry about, "nothing to see here, move on". However it was TWO wage runs, the players on the Friday then the staff wages the following week were delayed IIRC, on top of all the other mistakes made by the current regime, that led to a bit of worry by Hearts fans, though I concede some of the rumours subsequently posted about Campell Ogilvie walking etc, were totally out of order. So on balance if it had just been one missed wage run then fine but it wasn't and this was on top of all the other Vlad mistakes over the last few years therefore any sensible Hearts fan should be concerned.

Could it be possible that the players wages and the staff wages were both sent erroneously at the same time? So, yes two seperate wage runs, but both submitted at the same time and as such only really one mistake?

Now that the dust has settled I feel a bit stupid for briefly swallowing the hobonomic spin that inflated a missed wage run into a complete meltdown. I now realise that I was being a gullible idiot, spooked into panic by a serious wind up.

Anybody else?

I just feel relieved that as a football club we are still operating. TBO we don?t know whether it was a glitch or not. I have been involved with businesses in the past where the owners have had to take personal cheques and cash down to the bank so the workers could get paid, to give them other month to try sort the finances before the next wage run.

Do I feel stupid? No

Do I feel relieved? - Yes

Still worried? - Yes

marshallschunkychicken
I just feel relieved that as a football club we are still operating. TBO we don?t know whether it was a glitch or not. I have been involved with businesses in the past where the owners have had to take personal cheques and cash down to the bank so the workers could get paid, to give them other month to try sort the finances before the next wage run.

Do I feel stupid? No

Still worried? - Yes

Sums up my position.

Do I feel stupid? No

Still worried? - Yes

Same here.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Anybody else?

Some people are still at that stage! Check another thread on this front page, started by one of Santa's reindeer.

Do I feel stupid? No

Still worried? - Yes

Exactly how I feel.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hopefully, UBIG have learned a lesson for their incompetence. The Scottish media WANT Vlad to fail, they don't care what the consequences for HMFC are. Therefore, ANY hint of financial trouble at all and it will be contorted to look like we are in financial meltdown.

As I said though, they were stirring s**t but we gave them the wooden spoon and the saucepan.

Hopefully, UBIG have learned a lesson for their incompetence. The Scottish media WANT Vlad to fail, they don't care what the consequences for HMFC are. Therefore, ANY hint of financial trouble at all and it will be contorted to look like we are in financial meltdown.

As I said though, they were stirring s**t but we gave them the wooden spoon and the saucepan.

After weeks of silence, because there was only good news to report, John Greechan in today's Daily Mail is at it again.

After weeks of silence, because there was only good news to report, John Greechan in today's Daily Mail is at it again.

Having rubbed the medias nose in it so often, none of this is going to go away as far as they are concerned. Almost all of what is written in the tabloids is for west coast consumption - so almost everything is negative.

The big problem is that those charged with administering Hearts give these people so much ammunition. That's got to stop.

Perhaps if we didn't keep giving the media ammunition, they wouldn't have things to say about us.

Had Rangers or Celtic or even Hibs or Aberdeen not paid their players on time, it would have attrcted the same publicity.

The fault clearly lies at the door of those incompetents who are running our club, not the media.

We have to hope that we can get rid of Romanov before he takes us down with him.

The wages 'glitch' was an indicator of how precariously we are perched under his control.

No I don't feel stupid, because I was never gullible enough to believe a word of it. The papers talk utter pesh, they ALWAYS exagerrate, and often make shet up to sex up their stories.

The problem is that people do believe everything they read, they think no smoke without fire, it's written in the Evening hobo AND the Hibsman ergo there must be something in it:eek:

Weegies are particularly gullible BTW, I work in East Kilbride (EK is not weegieland, but there are obviously a lot of weegies in this neck of the woods) and I guarantee every Monday some knuckle dragger will sidle up to me in the office and attempt to take the pesh over some utter claptrap he saw written in the Daily Neanderthal or something and has taken as gospel. So i'll get an attempted pesh take along the lines of "hohohohoho I hear that Hearts have paid the players in pie suppers because they've run out of money and they are going to sell Tynecastle to a consortium of slug men from the planet Zob, hehehehe" God they're thick.

The bottom line is don't believe everything you read, then you'll avoid the embarrassment when the story turns out to be utter bolox..

Perhaps if we didn't keep giving the media ammunition, they wouldn't have things to say about us.

Yup, this story was all of our own making.

The momentum the story gained certainly had me worried, but it was more of a waiting game than a spiral into panic.

It all seemed plausible given the events (non payment of players, then staff) and environment (credit crunch/financial instability) combined with the JKB rumour/conjecture mill.

Anybody else?

I feel stupid for being taken in by the Shabba hype

He is just like all the rest

Archived