Gary Glen

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

I'm confused.

As far as I know, he's no longer injured.

He's also among our best striking options.

So why's he not playing?

1 - what's the offical line?

2 - what's the word on the street?

Al.

I'm confused.

So why's he not playing?

Al.

1) The official line is that Csaba picks the team and that Mole and Audrey are our best striking options

2) The word on the street is the above is a load of cack and that Vlad has a little thing for Audrey:rolleyes:

Johanes de Silentio
1) The word on the street is that Vlad has a little thing for Audrey:rolleyes:

Fair enough - (well no' really!) but what have they got against GG - are they afraid that a gem was uncovered by a coach they fired? (i.e. Shaggy!)

Al.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The guy's only 18 remember. Elliot was in the team at the same age and played constantly, and while he started off encouragingly, he was played for far too long and his form and confidence nose dived. I'd rather we took our time with Glen and he was allowed to develop properly rather than him being chucked in to try and provide a quick fix.

The guy's only 18 remember. Elliot was in the team at the same age and played constantly, and while he started off encouragingly, he was played for far too long and his form and confidence nose dived. I'd rather we took our time with Glen and he was allowed to develop properly rather than him being chucked in to try and provide a quick fix.

very tre we shouldn tbe rushing him in, the only reason he played twrds the end last year was we had nothing to play for....but he should be getting at least brought on a sub to ease him in when he is fit

Jambof3tornado

I think he will have to bang in goals more often for the reserves before he gets near the 1st team,defo no point in rushing him.

Csaba spoke about some reserves players not doing enough to force themselves into 1st team reckoning recently - maybe has was referring to the likes of Glen?

I'm confused.

So why's he not playing?

Al.

I would have said that getting Nade 100% to play 90 mins was more important as he does have a presence although doubt that will ever happen. Glen May have potential but we have not seen much of him to assess that he is the best striking option (or one of them). He is only 18 and his stature in the modern game tells me that unless he is exceptional he may struggle to fulfill his potential. I am sure that given our limitations at the moment that if GG was doing enough in training or reserves he would be included as surely Mole isnt the best we have from the rest. Tullberg looked busy enough but hard to tell from around 30 minutes on Saturday but would like to see him and Nade start this Saturday and win the game or at least put us in the driving seat before Nade completes his maximum 60 minutes and goes off knackered. Maybe then would be the time to give GG another test.

Gary Mackay said on HW on Saturday that Gary Glen was ill on Friday

Fair enough - I thought he should have played on Saturday but if he was unwell then clearly he could not have played.

Hopefully he will come in for Ksnavicius next week though.

Francis Albert

My guess is that it is because, if picked at this time, in a team that is still (to be optimistic) settling under a new manager, he would be one or at best two bad game(s) away from becoming in some fans eyes another Elliot/Mole and getting similar levels of encouragement from those fans.

"Csaba spoke about some reserves players not doing enough to force themselves into 1st team reckoning recently - maybe has was referring to the likes of Glen?"

Wrong.

Gary Glen would be in my team up front with Tullberg.

I'd ban this 'one up front' nonsense.

Buffalo Bill

"Csaba spoke about some reserves players not doing enough to force themselves into 1st team reckoning recently - maybe has was referring to the likes of Glen?"

Wrong.

Then why the lack of appearences for Glen ?

The Old Tolbooth
Csaba spoke about some reserves players not doing enough to force themselves into 1st team reckoning recently - maybe has was referring to the likes of Glen?

If that's the case, then it's very worrying if the 2 best strikers in training are Audrey and Mole, with Nade a close 3rd :eek:

I think it's a case of "if your face fits" and Gary's face obviously doesn't fit :mad:

I'm just hoping Tullberg can manage up front on his own!

Because Mole tries really really really hard (where have we heard that before?) Doesn't matter that my goldfish is a better Striker than him. Maybe Glen should start trying really really hard in training.

I would like to see Tulberg and Glen (or Nade) as a front 2 with Audrey going back from whence he came and Mole going out on loan and seeing if he can actually get a game for Queen of the South this time:rolleyes:

While we are at it Kingston can GTF, he's a lazy bassa, stop the stupid experiment with Karapidis, let's get Aguiar back in the middle of the park, a midfield of Miko Stewart Aguiar and Driver will do for a start. Mix that with the 2 up front and maybe, just maybe we will start to get a goal or two.

Jambos Till I Die

I think he should have a chance instead of Mole.

I do not rate Mole one bit.

Give him a chance with Tullberg soon when he gets fit.

Because Mole tries really really really hard (where have we heard that before?) Doesn't matter that my goldfish is a better Striker than him. Maybe Glen should start trying really really hard in training.

I would like to see Tulberg and Glen (or Nade) as a front 2 with Audrey going back from whence he came and Mole going out on loan and seeing if he can actually get a game for Queen of the South this time:rolleyes:

While we are at it Kingston can GTF, he's a lazy bassa, stop the stupid experiment with Karapidis, let's get Aguiar back in the middle of the park, a midfield of Miko Stewart Aguiar and Driver will do for a start. Mix that with the 2 up front and maybe, just maybe we will start to get a goal or two.

Agree with everything you've said but the defence is a shambles too. Wallace is rank and I wouldn't lose much sleep if Berra and Zaliukas went. We've always had a decent defence in the past halfdozen seasons and this season and last we've been a bombscare.

Wrong.

Ok, I'll take your word for that then.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Wrong.

I love single-word replies!

Come on mate, you have to expand at least a wee bit!

We_are_the_Hearts

Was Glen not told pre-season he wouldn't feature much this season. Sure this was before Shabba arrived. The Karipidis and Mole experiments are to try and get someone to buy them and to raise their profile. Both needed dropped weeks ago.

Agree with everything you've said but the defence is a shambles too. Wallace is rank and I wouldn't lose much sleep if Berra and Zaliukas went. We've always had a decent defence in the past halfdozen seasons and this season and last we've been a bombscare.

The worst back 4 in the spl bar NONE

Mind you we could say that about the midfield and forwards whilst we are at it!

A good team defends from the front, and are difficult to break down in the middle - we on the other hand............

Say What Again
1) The official line is that Csaba picks the team and that Mole and Audrey are our best striking options

2) The word on the street is the above is a load of cack and that Vlad has a little thing for Audrey:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I believe that to be spot on. :sad:

Archived