How much autonomy does Casaba Laszlo have?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Just a poll to gauge opinion on how much power Csaba has over the running of team affairs at Hearts.

Some believe he has more autonomy than any else has at Hearts since George Burley left.

Some believe he has extremely limited input.

Many believe regardless of any belief that Vlad is interfering, that he is tactically highly suspect. Others feel he needs time to get his ideas through and imprint his stamp on the team.

Whatever, I feel that in order to make that impression on Hearts he needs to left ALONE to get on with it.

He's definitely working 'together' with someone.

Not got 100% control. That's a certainty.

He has never claimed to have the autonomy you imply.

He said he will consult with others but will have the final say on selection.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He has never claimed to have the autonomy you imply.

He said he will consult with others but will have the final say on selection.

Go and have a look at the Jan 1st statement and come back.

Why do these threads always pop up after a defeat? None started when we win.

How much does he have? We will probably never know. One thing is a stick on, Vlad wants kept in the loop over what goes on and why other things are not going on.

Csaba played with the same set of players that he has been using and winning other games. Any blame for yesterday should be directed at Csaba' door.

Csaba talks a good talk but certainly not "walking the walk". At first the interviews and press conferences were exciting, I was thinking to myself that we may have landed a wee gem here. Now I'm beginning to think that he is just full of it and the only influence he has is over what he has for breakfast.

Painfully clear to see that Kingston needs a little time in the reserves prior to getting rid in January as it?s like being a man down until he can be bothered playing, Wallace is well off the boil and at 3ft 2" the hole is not the best place for shammy.

Glen has instinct is clearly a better option than mole, and Karipidis is not a midfielder.

In addition formation, tactics and mistakes are exactly the same as last season and the constants are most definitely Korobochka and Romanov.

You can do well with a group of average players, as did Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine & Walter Borthwick in 86. What we have is group of average players with no heart, professionalism or interest.

Csaba should be playing the players that want to play, I don?t really care if we lose more games than we win, I do care that the players on the park are giving their all and anything less is unforgiveable.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I think there is no doubt that vlad, or at least a delegated member of staff on his behalf, has an input in the team/squad selection.

Decisions are not quite as strange as some witnessed last year, but others have to be questioned.

Just a hunch from me but I get the impression that a certain number of liths must be involved at some stage and csaba gets to pick which.

the problem is that whether we find out the truth or not, it is probably still going to go on behind the scenes and therefore with vlad in charge he runs the club. with him running the club there are always going to be problems.

to be fair though, player wise (ability) i dont think that we are any worse off than before vlad got involved in the club.

Francis Albert

I haven't seen any evidence that Csaba isn't selecting the team - and quite a bit that he is eg naming an unchanged side, starting with one Lithuanian, explaining clearly and articulately the formation.... things that didn't happen before.

It is far too early to judge whether he is any good as a manager. Of course he is not an established manager of the highest quality - if he was he wouldn't be managing Hearts. But around Christmas or end of January would be the earliest time to make a considered judgement of whether he is a better than average Hearts manager.

to be fair though, player wise (ability) i dont think that we are any worse off than before vlad got involved in the club.

I think that the point I was trying to make was that we are probably no worse off than we were prior to romanovs involvement in terms of ability level of the squad, however the players we have now do not care about the game, the club or the fans.

There is a huge difference.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
when Vlad was in charge though we played a different team every week

So you are saying Vlad has in fact changed?

He now plays the same crap players each week.

when Vlad was in charge though we played a different team every week

No Manager would sit in the dugout and be happy with that guff on show every week.

How the hell Mole and No.29 started yesterday is beyond me.

rudi must stay
So you are saying Vlad has in fact changed?

He nows plays the same crap players each week.

nope im saying his point is wrong imo because when he was in charge we changed the team every week, at the moment we aren't. And unfortunately Mole and no. 29 are the best we've got at the moment

Csaba talks a good talk but certainly not "walking the walk". At first the interviews and press conferences were exciting, I was thinking to myself that we may have landed a wee gem here. Now I'm beginning to think that he is just full of it and the only influence he has is over what he has for breakfast.

Painfully clear to see that Kingston needs a little time in the reserves prior to getting rid in January as it?s like being a man down until he can be bothered playing, Wallace is well off the boil and at 3ft 2" the hole is not the best place for shammy.

Glen has instinct is clearly a better option than mole, and Karipidis is not a midfielder.

In addition formation, tactics and mistakes are exactly the same as last season and the constants are most definitely Korobochka and Romanov.

You can do well with a group of average players, as did Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine & Walter Borthwick in 86. What we have is group of average players with no heart, professionalism or interest.

Csaba should be playing the players that want to play, I don?t really care if we lose more games than we win, I do care that the players on the park are giving their all and anything less is unforgiveable.

It's Csaba's team in my opinion.....why? ...because changes are minimum.....unlike when Vlad etc was faxing the changes.....maybe he should start doing that again....as for dropping Kingston!!! it's understandable that he doesn't want to drop his most accomplished player...as for Stewart and Karapidis in centre midfield??? you're havind a laugh :(

ToadKiller Dog

Was not Csaba being called the puppet of the main stand by changing his mind on bringing on Nade last week ,one thing is sure Csaba will be pigeon holed into various places by some as long as he is here.

The Mighty Thor
I think the commitee is still in effect. I don't think it ever went away, hence the 'together' stuff.

I think Csaba is quite happy to work commitee style, however, I think after time, that will erode and he will start to disagree with some of the helpful hints. Thats when, IMO, the problems will start.

That said the commitee has had a reasonable start this season.

Correct.

The boys are all still there and they are still calling the shots there's no doubt about that.

I think the issue is that teams know we'll play 4-5-1 and they also know that with the gash we have in the middle of the park that we've effectively got no strike force and a midfield that any other team's 3 or 4 in the middle will run all over and a **** poor defence.

We are losing the tactical battle nearly every week because of the insistence of playing 4-5-1.

Under the committee, Mole and Ksanavicius would not be starting - a fat Nade and an unfit Tullberg would be.

The fact that Mole and Ksanavicius are playing is probably an indication that Csaba is picking the team. He, as the manager feels they (Nade/Tullberg) are not ready.

Under the committee we were also playing a quite clear 4-3-2-1 (or 4-5-1 to some).

Under Csaba we are quite clearly playing two banks of 4 in a 4-4-1-1 (or 4-5-1 to some ;) )

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
79.67544545543556% autonomy when we lose, 99.99999999999% when we win:sleepy:

Or, maybe, just maybe, when Vlad interferes we're more likely to lose - and have done for the past three years. Maybe that explains why more folk ask questions when we lose.

So pretty much if Vlad didn't interfere we would have and will win every game.

I will make my judgement in time. But last season when we were constantly changing the team Vlad was blamed. We played the same team as we did last week. I think that probably speaks volumes.

So that defeat should is Csaba's and the players fault.

Go and have a look at the Jan 1st statement and come back.

I am repeating what CL said and he wasn't there on Jan 1st.

Things do change as life moves on.

The club decided not to re-release the January 1st statement when Laszlo was appointed. That was a clear indication that the terms of it were not met - ie the lack of British football experience and the 100% control of the first team.

Laszlo knew the script and with his chequered managerial record is well and truly willing to be the front man for the committee's decisions made 'together'.

The club decided not to re-release the January 1st statement when Laszlo was appointed. That was a clear indication that the terms of it were not met - ie the lack of British football experience and the 100% control of the first team.

Laszlo knew the script and with his chequered managerial record is well and truly willing to be the front man for the committee's decisions made 'together'.

Source?

Why should they need to re-release the statement or abandon it when different circumstances prevailed?

Source?

Why should they need to re-release the statement or abandon it when different circumstances prevailed?

Source - can you point out somewhere on the club website when Laszlo was appointed that they had found someone who had experience of Scottish football - or that he would have 100% control of the first team?

The reason that they did not use the statement when Laszlo was appointed is that he does not meet the terms of the January 1st statement. That is the prerogative of the club.

But failing to give the manager 100% control - and continuation of the same structure as when Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Korobotcha/Chervenkov and Frail will mean their rotten spells as managers will likely continue.

I think Laszlo is a more extraverted version of Ivanauskas.

Source - can you point out somewhere on the club website when Laszlo was appointed that they had found someone who had experience of Scottish football - or that he would have 100% control of the first team?

The reason that they did not use the statement when Laszlo was appointed is that he does not meet the terms of the January 1st statement. That is the prerogative of the club.

But failing to give the manager 100% control - and continuation of the same structure as when Ivanauskas, Malofeev, Korobotcha/Chervenkov and Frail will mean their rotten spells as managers will likely continue.

So you don't have a source? Just an opinion.

Might I suggest you re-read the 1st January statement and look specifically for a word like "PREFERABLY", relating to British, not Scottish, experience.

You seem to be obsessed with the 1st Jan statement, or at least your skewed interpretation of it, but refuse to acknowledge that circumstances in the close season, after being turned down by McGhee, had changed.

My view is that we have taken a longer term look at things with more emphasis on youth and it is necessary therefore for Laszlo to consult not only with his assistant manager but also with reserve and youth coaches who see the progress of lads at closer quarters. He has already made that clear and believes in management working as a team. We already have one of the youngest teams in the SPL which should be strengthened by the availability of Tullberg, Aguiar, Neilson, Obua etc, while reserve and youth team selections are more consistent, suggesting there is a definite plan in action to provide youth with a route to the first team.

So you don't have a source? Just an opinion.

Might I suggest you re-read the 1st January statement and look specifically for a word like "PREFERABLY", relating to British, not Scottish, experience.

You seem to be obsessed with the 1st Jan statement, or at least your skewed interpretation of it, but refuse to acknowledge that circumstances in the close season, after being turned down by McGhee, had changed.

My view is that we have taken a longer term look at things with more emphasis on youth and it is necessary therefore for Laszlo to consult not only with his assistant manager but also with reserve and youth coaches who see the progress of lads at closer quarters. He has already made that clear and believes in management working as a team. We already have one of the youngest teams in the SPL which should be strengthened by the availability of Tullberg, Aguiar, Neilson, Obua etc, while reserve and youth team selections are more consistent, suggesting there is a definite plan in action to provide youth with a route to the first team.

Yes I admit to being mildly excited by the January 1st statement as it was a clear direction that the rotten management structure was going to change.

However, post McGhee it is clear that it has not changed - and yes that is my opinion. I would have to check the statement again but I don't think that the 2nd 'bust' criteria about full control was 'preferably'. Apologies if I am wrong. That was the most meaningful thing for me in the January 1st statement - and in my opinion is a clear and negative signal that the manager is being told what to do.

You are welcome to your opinion that Laszlo is consulting downward and that is the meaning of 'together'. That isn't my opinion though.

jack D and coke

Totally agree. A big likeable puppet.

Just a poll to gauge opinion on how much power Csaba has over the running of team affairs at Hearts.

Some believe he has more autonomy than any else has at Hearts since George Burley left.

Some believe he has extremely limited input.

Many believe regardless of any belief that Vlad is interfering, that he is tactically highly suspect. Others feel he needs time to get his ideas through and imprint his stamp on the team.

Whatever, I feel that in order to make that impression on Hearts he needs to left ALONE to get on with it.

I would say:

• Coaching/training - pretty much 100%
  • Match day selection and tactics - less so, prob about 75%/80%
  • Signing of new players - just about nil

I'm sorry to say this but VR will always want to have a say in the footballing side of the team. I'm not saying it's right but that's how he wants to do it. Those of you still harping on about him leaving the manager alone have clearly been living in a cave for 3 years. He will not change and you have 2 options:

1. Accept it and deal with it
  2. Find a million squillion pounds to buy him out

I think Csaba has quite a lot of say. As someone who has started companies and worked for myself for years, I would imagine someone with Vlad's interests and worries with the credit crunch and basic business life, is hardly pushing pages through the fax machine.:rolleyes: I think his mind is on other things. He did say that he felt he had someone he could trust in Csaba.

I understand the negativity from Hearts fans - I was livid all of last season and before with the horrendous man-management. That seems to have changed for the good. Sometimes the negativity just gets unbearable. This is what we have; we win some we lose some. As long as the pay thing was just a glitch, I will be happy seeing how things go. After all, don't managers want to build up their own team? With Abua and Tuillberg out, Driver injured, etc, he hasn't been able to work as planned.

I am lucky, my glass is always half full and I get really fed up after a short time of being fed up. So I always see the bright side :) I also always go for the underdog (otherwise I would be supporting a team in Glasgow). But what will I do if we do get the success we deserve sometime in the near future - stop going to games and protest ;)

IMO I think Chaba is picking the team. Why certain players keep getting a game is a strange one, maybe because he is trying to build a team and give them as many games as possiable to gell and from what he sees in training those are the guys that are working but I think the time has come to freshing the team up a bit, maybe Bring Nade, Tulberg, Bruno in.

Toxteth O'Grady

I don't know for sure how much autonomy Csaba has

If he has full autonomy then he is not much different from Botchup, Angel and Shaggy. 4-5-1, defenders players out of position, Audrey in the hole and a stiker that doesn't score is very similar to last season.

I'd rather he didn't have Botchup and Angel hanging around and then we could judge him fairly.

Yes I admit to being mildly excited by the January 1st statement as it was a clear direction that the rotten management structure was going to change.

However, post McGhee it is clear that it has not changed - and yes that is my opinion. I would have to check the statement again but I don't think that the 2nd 'bust' criteria about full control was 'preferably'. Apologies if I am wrong. That was the most meaningful thing for me in the January 1st statement - and in my opinion is a clear and negative signal that the manager is being told what to do.

You are welcome to your opinion that Laszlo is consulting downward and that is the meaning of 'together'. That isn't my opinion though.

Tough! It's not your opinion that matters.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I haven't seen any evidence that Csaba isn't selecting the team - and quite a bit that he is eg naming an unchanged side, starting with one Lithuanian, explaining clearly and articulately the formation.... things that didn't happen before.

It is far too early to judge whether he is any good as a manager. Of course he is not an established manager of the highest quality - if he was he wouldn't be managing Hearts. But around Christmas or end of January would be the earliest time to make a considered judgement of whether he is a better than average Hearts manager.

Stop talking sense!

And I'll just add that the team selection is his alone. Transfers aren't.

So pretty much if Vlad didn't interfere we would have and will win every game.

I will make my judgement in time. But last season when we were constantly changing the team Vlad was blamed. We played the same team as we did last week. I think that probably speaks volumes.

So that defeat should is Csaba's and the players fault.

That sounds about right.

When was the last time we played the same starting line up in two consecutive games ?

Tough! It's not your opinion that matters.

Perhaps not to you.

I think you are in the minority who think that the decisions made 'together' are with the goalkeeper coach and the first team coach though. Nothing wrong with having an opinion though.

About 80% is my guess. Unfortunately, this is as good as it's going to get under Vlad - meaning we really need to give Csaba all the support we can, and be patient.

Vlad will have his say and Korobochka and Chervenkov, so that doesn't exactly leave you much room to suggest Csaba has a lot of say in team matters, i.e. he is one of 4 and he is not from Vlad's "circle".

Perhaps not to you.

I think you are in the minority who think that the decisions made 'together' are with the goalkeeper coach and the first team coach though. Nothing wrong with having an opinion though.

I wasn't expressing my opinion. I merely explained what Laszlo had said and I certainly did not mention the goalkeeper coach or the first team coach or that the decisions were made together. I did say that he CONSULTS with the asst manager, reserve team coach and youth coaches but he has always maintained the FINAL decision is with him. It is therefore HIS opinion that counts.

Even if I were in the minority, that would not necessarily mean I was wrong and you were right.

I wasn't expressing my opinion. I merely explained what Laszlo had said and I certainly did not mention the goalkeeper coach or the first team coach or that the decisions were made together. I did say that he CONSULTS with the asst manager, reserve team coach and youth coaches but he has always maintained the FINAL decision is with him. It is therefore HIS opinion that counts.

Even if I were in the minority, that would not necessarily mean I was wrong and you were right.

You are suggesting that Laszlo personifies the important part of the January 1st statement - full control of the first team. I don't and I think that he is merely the front man for VR/Korobotcha/Chervenkov etc. That is VR's prerogative as owner but I think that it would have been better to stick to the January 1st statement as that could have taken the club forward.

I think we should agree to disagree.

I think mad Vlad hires and fires the players for the squad, but I'm reasonably confident that Csaba has 100% control of the tactics and team selection.

I think the big problem is Csaba wants to persist with his 4-4-2 formation (which we all call a 4-4-1-1) and as yet we don't have strikers able to play it. Right now, Csaba is trying to fit sqaure pegs such as Mole, Audrey, Nade into a Robbo/Crabbe shaped hole up top.

First up, I wasn't at Tannadice but by all accounts we were rank rotten.

But from the games I've seen, I like this formation - it's not very Scottish and is maybe not "up and at 'em enough" for some supporters but I'm comfortable trying to mould a team that has a measured approach to games and breaks quickly when an opening appears. Glen is the obvious choice, but it's alot of expectation on young shoulders. Look at the much malligned Elliot (Clum) - he's hit a bit of form, I actaully reckon he would have been a better shout up front for us this season.

Saturday is no real shock to me, our centre-halfs have looked decent all season so based on previous Zaliukas and Kari were due a bombscare!!

In summary, I think Csaba has full control of selecting tactics with the starting 11 and subs of his choice.

I'm more concerned about sorting our home record out. By May, if we've had a few humpings on the road but a good home record, that will be progress.

You are suggesting that Laszlo personifies the important part of the January 1st statement - full control of the first team. I don't and I think that he is merely the front man for VR/Korobotcha/Chervenkov etc. That is VR's prerogative as owner but I think that it would have been better to stick to the January 1st statement as that could have taken the club forward.

I think we should agree to disagree.

I'm not suggesting Laszlo and the 1st Jan statement are linked or even relevant - you are the one with the Jan 1st hang-up and if you think they would have better sticking to that, then that's fine. Things have moved on since 1st Jan in that we failed to get a top six finish proving that radical changes in outlook had to be made. Things have probably even moved on since 2-3 weeks ago when banks including UKIO have been under severe pressure and further resulting changes may have to be made to our plans. You are in danger of being caught up in a time warp. Forget 1st Jan: it's dead and buried.

Shabba tried this 4 4 1 1 formation pre eason initially it didnt work,he then went to a straight 4 4 2 and told the players this would be our formation for the season.

This has been changed ,Shabba can justify it all he wants,but it is the same formation which beat Rangers 4 2 last season and is not 4 4 2

Also Nade is fully fit,begs the question

We are a poor team who have picked up points by struggling at home so far aginst lower teams

Archived