A Centre Half In Midfield

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Right, it's time to sack this pish.

At first everyone was happy as the manager was showing a bit of initiative and actually making footballing decisions.

But the closer you look at it the more ridiculous it is.

His reasoning for putting Karipidis in midfield? He can win the balls better than anyone else.

That may be true Csaba but there is something missing here. Midfielders NEED good distribution and creativity. Even holding midfielders.

Put Karipidis back into defence. Drop Zaliukas. Bring in Ruben or a fit Bruno.

Sorted.

At first everyone was happy as the manager was showing a bit of initiative and actually making footballing decisions.

His reasoning for putting Karipidis in midfield? He can win the balls better than anyone else.

That may be true Csaba but there is something missing here. Midfielders NEED good distribution and creativity. Even holding midfielders.

Sorted.

Good idea but unfortunately Bomb Scare is un-dropable.

Tall, Karapidis and Zaliukas have all played in CM since Korobotchup came to the club.

And Robbie Neilson on the wing. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Sorted.

At first everyone wasn't happy with the decision. At first many people were but I and others posted that it was utterly ridiculous playing Karipidis in there when we had a midfielder in Ruben who played very well last season. At first people just went with it cos Csaba the saviour said it was the right thing to do. Now when it all goes pear shaped its seen for what it is. Utter nonsense. Play people in their positions and don't play the ones that don't care. Larry and Audrey can get on their bikes. Contribute nothing.

And Robbie Neilson on the wing. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

That really was the worst team selection - ever !!

How has this guy escaped the chop ?

That really was the worst team selection - ever !!

How has this guy escaped the chop ?

That was Malofeev.

Hearts: Gordon; Tall, Pressley, Berra, Goncalves; Neilson (Barasa 55), Zaliukas (Makela 80), Aguiar, Mikoliunas (Mole 65); Hartley; Velicka.

BOAK.

Good idea but unfortunately Bomb Scare is un-dropable.

Unlike Berra, Zalikus IS droppable and HAS BEEN dropped from the team from time to time.

Now as aftermatch reports on here and elsewhere have said, this season Zaliukas has been performing a bit better than Berra, but typical of JKB, fault with central defence and it is Zal this Zal that and only Zals name mentioned when a change is motioned.

Zaliukas an easy scapegoat for some imo.

For what it is worth i think Zal and Berra are not the answer, but on this seasons form if one was to remain in the team it would be Zaliukas. Karipidis moving back there is no great improvement either as all 3 imo are not that great.

Time for Rapnik to be given his chance imo with a.n.other.

Sorted.

Finally!

The following people need the Ruud Hullit!

Wallace

Big Zal

The Greek

Mole

Audrey

Kingston

The sxcary thig is that these wage thieves are first on the team sheet

I don't know about anyone else but that says to me the manager is utter ******

The following people need the Ruud Hullit!

Wallace

Big Zal

The Greek

Mole

Audrey

Kingston

The sxcary thig is that these wage thieves are first on the team sheet

I don't know about anyone else but that says to me the manager is utter ******

I'm not saying 'The Greek' needs dropped though.

You are missing the point.

That was Malofeev.

Hearts: Gordon; Tall, Pressley, Berra, Goncalves; Neilson (Barasa 55), Zaliukas (Makela 80), Aguiar, Mikoliunas (Mole 65); Hartley; Velicka.

BOAK.

Malofeev and Korobotchup worked 'together'.

But as Malofeev had the better coaching history he was the front man.

The bizarre team selections all started when Korobotchup, Malofeev and Koslovski joined Hearts.

The strange selections have continued even though Malofeev has been long gone.

Korobotchup's role over the last 2 years has to be scrutinised.

The People's Chimp
Tall, Karapidis and Zaliukas have all played in CM since Korobotchup came to the club.

Indeed. It seems to me that someone on the committee is a firm believer in playing a CB in midfield. It's been a long running obsession, and for me is at the root of a lot of the problems we have on field.

To be fair to Kara, I think he played quite well at the start of the season, but the reality is that he should be playing in defence with berra. That he isn't, I believe, as has been stated above, is because Zal is not to be dropped.

Malofeev and Korobotchup worked 'together'.

But as Malofeev had the better coaching history he was the front man.

The bizarre team selections all started when Korobotchup, Malofeev and Koslovski joined Hearts.

The strange selections have continued even though Malofeev has been long gone.

Korobotchup's role over the last 2 years has to be scrutinised.

No team selection since Malofeev left has been as staggeringly bizarre though. 3-2-3-2 against Rangers for example

No team selection since Malofeev left has been as staggeringly bizarre though. 3-2-3-2 against Rangers for example

Not as staggeringly bizarre perhaps but plenty of just bizzarre !!

Karapidis as a midfielder raised a few eyebrows but at first I just assumed it to be temperory due to injuries and suspensions.

He's better than Tall was in that position but as the games go on it is becoming plain to see that he doesn't offer enough to make that position his, ie no passing ability.

Basically we are back to Brellier without, at least, the ability to make mentalistict tackles.

The worst of it is that IMO he is not the only one playing out of position. Kingston and Wallace don't look comfortable and Mole is never ever a striker.

Karapidis as a midfielder raised a few eyebrows but at first I just assumed it to be temperory due to injuries and suspensions.

He's better than Tall was in that position but as the games go on it is becoming plain to see that he doesn't offer enough to make that position his, ie no passing ability.

Basically we are back to Brellier without, at least, the ability to make mentalistict tackles.

The worst of it is that IMO he is not the only one playing out of position. Kingston and Wallace don't look comfortable and Mole is never ever a striker.

Add :

Jonsson playing out of position.

and

Miko playing on the LW when he is infact a RW.

Now as aftermatch reports on here and elsewhere have said, this season Zaliukas has been performing a bit better than Berra, but typical of JKB, fault with central defence and it is Zal this Zal that and only Zals name mentioned when a change is motioned.

Spot on.

Unlike Berra, Zalikus IS droppable and HAS BEEN dropped from the team from time to time.

For what it is worth i think Zal and Berra are not the answer, but on this seasons form if one was to remain in the team it would be Zaliukas. Karipidis moving back there is no great improvement either as all 3 imo are not that great.

Time for Rapnik to be given his chance imo with a.n.other.

When Berra starts to make the same amount of mistakes as Zal then we can think about dropping him. Zal is a scapegoat because he continues to make mistakes and continues to get picked.

I find it hilarious that you seem to ignore Zal's mistakes but mark down Berra for being a leader. :P

Add :

and

I would agree that Miko is much better playing on the right.

As for Eggart, I was impressed with his performance at RB in the Falkirk game. I think he has the potential but are we prepared to give him the time?

When Berra starts to make the same amount of mistakes as Zal then we can think about dropping him. Zal is a scapegoat because he continues to make mistakes and continues to get picked.

I find it hilarious that you seem to ignore Zal's mistakes but mark down Berra for being a leader. :P

Berra makes the same if not more mistakes than Zaliukas, just on here you are not allowed to highlight those mistakes, you must instead normally look for the last time Zaliukas was involved in the play or if he is not playing because he has been dropped ;) then some will find another scapegoat before Berra.

If you care to read my posts you will see i do not champion Zaliukas, i just wonder why it is him that always has to take all the flack whilst a similar calibre of player who is picked week in week out (undroppable) no matter how poorly he plays gets of scotfree when it comes to critisism being dished out.

I do not rate Berra or Zaliukas or even Karipidis overall to be better than each other, they are all distictly very very average, but on this seasons form Zaliukas imo just shades it from Berra. What i read on here from some is that Berra is in the English premiership level compared to Zal who is 3rd division level, this is the bit i do not get.

Berra makes the same if not more mistakes than Zaliukas, just on here you are not allowed to highlight those mistakes, you must instead normally look for the last time Zaliukas was involved in the play or if he is not playing because he has been dropped ;) then some will find another scapegoat before Berra.

If you care to read my posts you will see i do not champion Zaliukas, i just wonder why it is him that always has to take all the flack whilst a similar calibre of player who is picked week in week out (undroppable) no matter how poorly he plays gets of scotfree when it comes to critisism being dished out.

I do not rate Berra or Zaliukas or even Karipidis overall to be better than each other, they are all distictly very very average, but on this seasons form Zaliukas imo just shades it from Berra. What i read on here from some is that Berra is in the English premiership level compared to Zal who is 3rd division level, this is the bit i do not get.

Berras crap. He's just not as crap as Zaliukas.

Berra could be a good player with a Pressley type beside him.

He's lost just now though and a shockingly bad captain. Our worst in many years.

Berras crap. He's just not as crap as Zaliukas.

Berra could be a good player with a Pressley type beside him.

He's lost just now though and a shockingly bad captain. Our worst in many years.

Berra does look lost at the moment.

As for being a bad captain....

He should never have been put in that position in the first place but as someone at the club thought it would be a good idea to rid ourselves of any on the field leaders it left us with very few options other than Berra - if any at all.

Stewart is the only one who could be a possibility be our captain but I think he would spontaneously combust in that role.

He takes the flack because he makes the mistakes. I would love to see you highlight the mistakes Berra has made this season compared to Zal. I think you would end up with a very one sided list.

Defensively Berra and Zal is are pretty much equal however Berra shades it due not making goal scoring chance mistakes in just about every game.

He should never have been put in that position in the first place but as someone at the club thought it would be a good idea to rid ourselves of any on the field leaders it left us with very few options other than Berra - if any at all.

Stewart is the only one who could be a possibility be our captain but I think he would spontaneously combust in that role.

Stewart is our captain, Berra just wears the arm band.

Can't really argue with that.

What I will say though is Berra has to grow some balls and mould himself into a leader.

I think I would run the risk of giving Stewart the armband. Never did Roy Keane any harm and he was a nutter.

Stewart is our captain, Berra just wears the arm band.

Have to agree, Stewart really looks like he gives a toss whether we lose or not.

I think our lack of quality and inspiration is always exposed in away games. We get away with a lot at home but when we travel, our ****-poor full backs, lack of forwards and our centre half in midfield are just not good enough.

Can't really argue with that.

What I will say though is Berra has to grow some balls and mould himself into a leader.

I think I would run the risk of giving Stewart the armband. Never did Roy Keane any harm and he was a nutter.

I disagree, why does he have to grow into a leader ? He should have been relieved of his duties as captain as soon as Csaba cam into the club. He is not a leader and never will be. Some players are just not captain material and he has been hung out to dry IMO.

Unofficially you are probably correct.

I don't mean anything the club have done or said themselves. I just mean on the pitch, it's always Stewart who talks to the ref, shouts at the players, gives that little extra, tries to motivate every one.

I don't mean anything the club have done or said themselves. I just mean on the pitch, it's always Stewart who talks to the ref, shouts at the players, gives that little extra, tries to motivate every one.

I understood.

:)

Add :

and

In all fairness, LW is his position when he is playing for the National Team so it is not as if it is alien to him or he is 'out of position'

In all fairness, LW is his position when he is playing for the National Team so it is not as if it is alien to him or he is 'out of position'

As I never watch Lithiunia I could not have known that.

Where does No.29 play for the NT ?

As I never watch Lithiunia I could not have known that.

Where does No.29 play for the NT ?

Just off the front man, Miko is usually LW and Chesney RW from what I have seen of them

That was Malofeev.

BOAK.

The only thing that was wrong with that team was Pressley was shoe-horned back into it. Fact :)

Add :

and

Got to pick you up on both points mate,

Eggert Jonsson has been tremendous at right back in every game i've seen him in (I wasn't @ Tannadice though, admittedly) and I think he will make the position his own, he's as hard as Robbie but a better footballer, we also have ample cover in central midfield.

I think Miko is comfortable on both wings, I especially like when Cesnuaskis is on the opposite wing and they switch throughout the game, the full-backs always look troubled when they're on form.

I also think Karipidis has done ok in the middle, these players mentioned aren't the problem in my opinion.

Lee Wallace has been awful at left-back, and should be dropped to see how Rapnik gets on.

Laryea Kingston is the player who should be winning games for us, the fact is that Michael Stewart has been 10x as effective and is probably on a third of his wages.

Jamie Mole is not taking his chances and could easily be on 3 or 4 for the season instead of just 1.

If these 3 were on form we would be fine in my opinion, but we can't afford to have 3 passengers in a starting XI.

That was Malofeev.

BOAK.

that teams alot better than the one at the minute:eek:

The only thing that was wrong with that team was Pressley was shoe-horned back into it. Fact :)

What?

Robbie Neilson wing back was a good selection?

Karapidis did nothing again yesterday. Wins no tackles, can't pass, marks no-one and again left Stewart with it all to do. You could argue that our defense as a unit needs help but not as much as midfield where we have two wide players and Stewart being overrun. This and Audrey starting are worries for me that our manager MAY be all talk and no talent. Lets wait and see when everyone is fit but....is anyone still raving about Czabo?

that teams alot better than the one at the minute:eek:

Not when it's lined up like this :

Gordon

Tall

Pressley

Berra

Goncalves

Neilson

Zaliukas

Aguiar

Miko

Hartley

Velicka

Oooh look....

4-4-1-1.

With a CH in CM.

We signed Neil Berry from Bolton(?) as a centre half and we nearly won the league with him as MF destroyer.

Neil Berry. I am not sure any player I've seen at Hearts had his absolute commitment. He used to look as though he was going to burst given the effort he put in. Maybe Sandy Clark is the only player to come close for commitment/bravery when he played.

I say we play Mole at left back on Saturday.

Chris Sutton was as good in defence as he was up front so it MUST work.

Dagger Is Back
Got to pick you up on both points mate,

Eggert Jonsson has been tremendous at right back in every game i've seen him in (I wasn't @ Tannadice though, admittedly) and I think he will make the position his own, he's as hard as Robbie but a better footballer, we also have ample cover in central midfield.

I think Miko is comfortable on both wings, I especially like when Cesnuaskis is on the opposite wing and they switch throughout the game, the full-backs always look troubled when they're on form.

I also think Karipidis has done ok in the middle, these players mentioned aren't the problem in my opinion.

Lee Wallace has been awful at left-back, and should be dropped to see how Rapnik gets on.

Laryea Kingston is the player who should be winning games for us, the fact is that Michael Stewart has been 10x as effective and is probably on a third of his wages.

Jamie Mole is not taking his chances and could easily be on 3 or 4 for the season instead of just 1.

If these 3 were on form we would be fine in my opinion, but we can't afford to have 3 passengers in a starting XI.

Very accurate summary IMO.

In addition Audrey is a useless wee dwarf! Mole can't hold the ball up and if he does Audrey gives it away. Wallace is just fecking useless. Karapidis has actually done OK.

I'd drop Wallace and put Rapnik in. I'd drop Kingston and pick any one of our 200 midfielders to replace him.

I'd prefer though to revert to 4/4/2 and drop Mole and put in a front two of Nade/Tullberg/Mole.

Our problem is that we can't hold on to the ball up front and we have a ridiculous dearth of striking options - a fact known to most people with even half a brain before a ball was kicked this season.

And whilst I'm ranting - to those of you who said early in the season that it was OK that our midfield/defence were scoring all the goals and we had nothing to worry about given that Skacel/Hartley did the same for us, what are your thoughts now? Our strike force couldn't score in a brothel as they say. Hardly something which induces fear in the opposition or helps our defence.

Didn't Gary O'Conner (GK) play for us upfront and score 2 goals!

I propose we players in random positions as we might just get lucky.

Do you not get it?

Something tells me it was Myles Hogarth who played as a striker and scored.

Don't hold me to that though !!!

Damm, I think you may be right!

In addition to playing players out of position. I think it makes sense to sign anyone called Myles, they score goals!

Whatever happened to Myles?

Stirling Albion I think.

Archived