The new main Stand.

Munch

Will Vlad go ahead with this project now ? he never bothers to come to any of our home games anymore, we are not exactly a sell out every week anymore now that the glory hunters have naffed off.

To increase the stadium capacity to 22k seems unsustainable, as much as id love to see it going ahead, with all the bank crisis going on, id be surprised if he decided to proceed.

We will find out soon because the council are to make a decision in November.

Oh and one question on reading supporters charter magazine i was wondering who Julija Goncaruk is, she is down as a Director ?

Oh and one question on reading supporters charter magazine i was wondering who Julija Goncaruk is, she is down as a Director ?

Is she not Vlad's niece? Had experience in the textiles industry before she came to HMFC..?

If the new stand and the add-ons are designed to improve the club's revenue stream (which I presume is the intention) then I would have thought it would still go ahead, notwithstanding whether or not Vlad turns up to use it. It is, however, dependent on how easy it will be to raise finances for it in the current climate, even if all the cash is sourced from within UBIG...

If the new stand and the add-ons are designed to improve the club's revenue stream (which I presume is the intention) then I would have thought it would still go ahead, notwithstanding whether or not Vlad turns up to use it. It is, however, dependent on how easy it will be to raise finances for it in the current climate, even if all the cash is sourced from within UBIG...

It would have to generate a lot of additional revenue just to pay for itself.

The one positve thing is that if the Council think it possible that it won't be built for financial reasons they are more likely to grant the planning permission.

Will Vlad go ahead with this project now ? he never bothers to come to any of our home games anymore, we are not exactly a sell out every week anymore now that the glory hunters have naffed off.

To increase the stadium capacity to 22k seems unsustainable, as much as id love to see it going ahead, with all the bank crisis going on, id be surprised if he decided to proceed.

Great how you asked a question then answered it:cool:

The new stand has to be buit as the current one will soon be shut down or may even fall down first.

Guest jambomickey
The new stand has to be buit as the current one will soon be shut down or may even fall down first.

old stand being shut down and us playing with 3 stands is more likely

Here's my take.

The council were (until the events last week) pretty close to given the green light for the re-development. However their concerns about Hearts ability to fund the entire project may have cause for them to have a re-think.

However - this is something that I have been thinking about for a while.

If approval is refused does that mean VLAD is stuck with a dead duck with no potential to move the club forward? Yes in my opinon. Does that mean he may well sell the club - YES imho at a fee that would not run into the amounts being quoted.

If approval is granted then does that make the club more 'attractive' to a potential buyer but ultimately more costly should VR decide to sell?

I have no doubt some 'political' bargaining will be done over the months and the decision whether to approve or not may have nothing to do with our application.

new stand be like the world cup stars etc! and when it's not built it be the refs, sfa, and the scottish mafia to blame. gtf vlad

Think it will be more to do with the state of the ecomomy than anything else. Liverpool have put their new stadium on hold until things improve.

The Old Tolbooth
Here's my take.

The council were (until the events last week) pretty close to given the green light for the re-development. However their concerns about Hearts ability to fund the entire project may have cause for them to have a re-think.

If approval is refused does that mean VLAD is stuck with a dead duck with no potential to move the club forward? Yes in my opinon. Does that mean he may well sell the club - YES imho at a fee that would not run into the amounts being quoted.

If approval is granted then does that make the club more 'attractive' to a potential buyer but ultimately more costly should VR decide to sell?

I have no doubt some 'political' bargaining will be done over the months and the decision whether to approve or not may have nothing to do with our application.

A very interesting thought there mate, and it makes me sway towards wanting the council to reject his plans now due to the lack of funding ability, which means that we could be put up for sale at a reduced price, and then the person who comes in may well be granted permission to rebuild the old stand because they have the liquidity to do so.

Hmmmmm.........

A very interesting thought there mate, and it makes me sway towards wanting the council to reject his plans now due to the lack of funding ability, which means that we could be put up for sale at a reduced price, and then the person who comes in may well be granted permission to rebuild the old stand because they have the liquidity to do so.

Hmmmmm.........

I agree that if the planning is rejected, and the stand cannot get a new license, we will play in front of 3 stands.

The point about increasing revenue with this facility in place does not make sense though, as we cannot fill the ground we have at the moment, with the exception of the games against the old firm and hobos, our crowds are only around 13 to 14 thousand.

As for the corporate well they cant give that stuff away, they are even selling corporate seats to away fans, and offering discounts to existing season ticket holders to sit in your own seat but use the facilities.

The question also remains have UBIG been hit by the global banking crisis, which appears to be spreading to European Banks now.

Time will tell.:blahblah:

The Old Tolbooth
I agree that if the planning is rejected, and the stand cannot get a new license, we will play in front of 3 stands.

The point about increasing revenue with this facility in place does not make sense though, as we cannot fill the ground we have at the moment, with the exception of the games against the old firm and hobos, our crowds are only around 13 to 14 thousand.

As for the corporate well they cant give that stuff away, they are even selling corporate seats to away fans, and offering discounts to existing season ticket holders to sit in your own seat but use the facilities.

The question also remains have UBIG been hit by the global banking crisis, which appears to be spreading to European Banks now.

Time will tell.:blahblah:

I cant see us playing in front of 3 stands if the application gets rejected mate, quite simply because even Vlad wouldn't be stupid enough to knock the main stand down before getting permission to build a new one. :wacko:

I cant see us playing in front of 3 stands if the application gets rejected mate, quite simply because even Vlad wouldn't be stupid enough to knock the main stand down before getting permission to build a new one. :wacko:

Yea i understand that, but someone else pointed out that it is only licensed for public use for anot much longer because of the state it is in.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Here's my take.

Good post.

For two years I haven't been able to decide what I want that Council decision to be. The way the team is managed makes the need for an increased capacity appear non-existent. Also, when that Main Stand gets knocked down there's no turning back - Romanov must find the money to build. And there's no precedent yet for that - UBIG haven't placed two bricks together at any of their four major sports builds. All of which, according to UBIG's own website, have a combined cost of ?604m - well over half a billion quid! I can't even begin to understand where that money's coming from.

Good post.

For two years I haven't been able to decide what I want that Council decision to be. The way the team is managed makes the need for an increased capacity appear non-existent. Also, when that Main Stand gets knocked down there's no turning back - Romanov must find the money to build. And there's no precedent yet for that - UBIG haven't placed two bricks together at any of their four major sports builds. All of which, according to UBIG's own website, have a combined cost of ?604m - well over half a billion quid! I can't even begin to understand where that money's coming from.

Must he though ? Can he not just leave it as an empty piece of land citing 'funding issues'.

Happening across many other building projects across Edinburgh just now.....

**** knows what the plan is.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Must he though ? Can he not just leave it as an empty piece of land citing 'funding issues'.

I can't even contemplate that scenario. But I wouldn't put anything past Romanov.

The cooncil can't refuse planning permission based on whether they think the applicant can afford the development - that's irrelevant to the planning process. What they are concerned about is Hearts ability to pay for the land deals and funding of the chemical relocation.

Fair point, if the project does go ahead it will be the biggest construction program in the city, every other project has stopped or has been put on long term hold subject to land and property prices stabilizing.

If the planning permission was granted for hotel and stand would anything stop UBIG building the hotel on its own and leaving the stand for later?

If he cant pay the players wages how on earth can he pay Millions for a new stand? After all his efforts at building a team have amounted to the square route of nowt!!

Romanov all Talk and NO Action!!

Seymour M Hersh
If the planning permission was granted for hotel and stand would anything stop UBIG building the hotel on its own and leaving the stand for later?

I doubt the hotel could be built on it's own as the hotel and stand is so connected if one is built the other will be as well.

Good post.

As we saw with the accounts last week, UBIG's total assets at the moment are ?161m.

To build any of the 4 projects would either mean an absolutely enormous increase in the size of UBIG - at a time when credit is virtually impossible to find - or it would have to be funded by outside capital ... and if outside capital can be found then they would expect a return on that capital ... no money for Hearts.

I hope that the main stand is fixed up again to get through another safety certificate.

i would rather have the new mains stand to be the same as the weatfield stand.

i would rather have the new mains stand to be the same as the weatfield stand.

We might need some dressing rooms though. We need a new main stand with facilities including dressing rooms and Corporate boxes. The economic tide will turn at some point. If we can make the old stand survive until that happens then we might be better placed.

Fine Scottish Wine

my.php?image=julijagoncaruk768filtervx7.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=julijagoncaruk768filtervx7.jpg

Nelly Terraces
Is she not Vlad's niece? Had experience in the textiles industry before she came to HMFC..?

Apparently she is going to knit us a new stand. Vlad's got her working on it right now. Just waiting on a new shipment of maroon wool coming in to get the job finished.:)

Archived