Foulkes gets it tight from Davie Provo

bilstonjambo

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/article34974.ece

For Foulkes sake, what a mess

HEARTS SHAMBLES LIES AT GEORGE'S DOOR

27/09/2008

AS the corpses of America?s biggest investment banks litter Wall Street, the death of Heart of Midlothian Football Club wouldn?t cause a ripple in the current financial landscape.

But we should all hope we?re not witnessing the beginning of Vladimir Romanov?s end game.

Rumour has it that Vlad has lost interest. Fine, as long as he keeps paying the bank interest but you wouldn?t bet on that right now.

The numbers have never made any sense at Tynecastle and Romanov is not immune from the credit crunch.

This week?s news that players? wages hadn?t reached their bank accounts was flippantly dismissed by some Lithuanian lackey but it should have had alarm bells ringing inside Tynecastle.

Football clubs aren?t just about players and their latest flash motor. They are about cleaners, clerks, chefs and labourers. People who depend on that cheque hitting their bank account on time to pay the bills. I wonder how many of the Tynecastle backroom staff have slept easily since this latest shambles? And as speculation over the club?s future grows you have to wonder how it ever got to this.

He assured us there was no alternative to the Romanov regime

Hearts, born in 1874. The club of McCrae?s Battalion. Of Tommy Walker, Dave Mackay and George Cumming. Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh, Jim Jefferies and John Robertson.

A great Scottish football club with a history and support to match. Yet now totally reliant on the health of obscure Baltic bank Ukio Bankas. God help them.

Also wasn?t it predictable that the latest fiasco would be the cue for that old chancer George Foulkes to rear his ugly head?

Foulkes should be dragged up to Edinburgh castle, stuffed into its biggest cannon and fired deep into the Firth of Forth for his part in this circus, yet there he was lecturing anyone daft enough to listen to him.

Like a true Westminster snake oil salesman he told us: ?I would be confident that if there was any threat to the future of Hearts there would be people willing to step in.

?They would make sure that the club, which is not just important to Edinburgh but Scotland as a whole, wouldn?t be threatened in the same way Gretna were.?

In the same breath he also assured us there was no alternative to the Romanov regime three and a half years ago, saying: ?At the time Romanov was the only show in town and even now the fans recognise that if he hadn?t come in we?d be a poor team playing at Murrayfield and struggling.?

Let me get this straight. By Foulkes? skewed logic, nobody wanted to buy Hearts from Chris Robinson at a time the sale of Tynecastle could have left Hearts debt free and renting Murrayfield? Yet now they?re queuing up to take on a mortgage of ?36million?

These saviours exist only in Foulkes? imagination.

Unless he?s recruiting from the local asylum there is nobody who would touch Hearts or any other Scottish club with a barge pole these days.

Also spare me the latest wheeze that Romanov, left, recently turned down a megabucks offer to buy him out.

Foulkes fixed Hearts up with the blind date from hell

Hearts are stuck with Vlad and instead of peddling fairytales, Foulkes should have levelled with supporters who deserve the truth.

The reality is not for the faint-hearted. There are no white nights waiting in the wings and if Romanov decides to let Hearts go bust, the ground and players will be sold off to pay the creditors.

Who is the biggest creditor? Ukio Bankas.

That scenario would leave supporters with no team, no ground and no hope.

If clubs in the English Premier League are feeling the squeeze of high interest rates and shrinking sponsorship revenue, how much longer will Romanov keep putting his hand in his pocket?

Foulkes fixed Hearts up with the blind date from hell when he sold Romanov to the Gorgie faithful.

Now they have no choice but to dance with the Devil.

Romanov is rarely seen at games these days. All a far cry from the time he travelled on supporters? buses to court popularity.

Since then punters have seen through him. Pity Foulkes couldn?t when it really mattered.

Davie Pro(IRA)van financial expert eh? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that with a 17000 capacity stadium you cannot sustain a challenge to the glesga vermin over a long period, the fact that the Edinburgh business community failed to back Hearts with major sponsorship when we were flying has created a lot of the problems we are struggling with now. I hope Hearts remember this the next time we stumble upon a team that can give the vermin from the west a fright, should be 5/6 years looking at the past, and make sure the real fans get tickets not these hangers on/parasites.

I'm a reasonably intelligent guy but I seriously cannot put into words how much I dislike Provo.

The guy is just a coward. Not got the balls to say anything bad about Rangers so go for the easy target instead.

Tosser.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Perhaps Provo would care to explain why a fire sale of land in a declining property market would meet with enough success to pay off the said creditors?

Perhaps he would also care to look at other clubs whose directors make loans to the club and are the primary creditors as well.

As Mark Donaldson said yesterday, once is an accident in terms of the wages. If it occurred again, it would be time to panic.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

The worst thing that could be said about Foulkes is that he's a bit enthusiastic and perhaps that enthusiasm affected his judgement when Vlad appeared on the scene. But, I and many other Hearts fans would have made the same decision faced with the dire financial position Robinson got us into. Which quite frankly was 10 times worse than any imagined keek that Provan is trying to stir up with this poisonous article.

agree totally with Le Chat:

The guy is just a coward. Not got the balls to say anything bad about Rangers so go for the easy target instead.

Tosser.

Proven is just a bitter, bitter man; stemming from the harsh fact that his beloved Celtic (you know, the greatest club in the world) washed their hands of him when his career was ended by illness, aged 29.

This is a guy that once said that Hearts should move to Murrayfield, only to then say it would "be the death knell of the club" if we went there; and then for him to go and change his mind back again!

Look at the words and language he uses. Quite simply, it's typical Weegie tabloid fodder. It's Chick Young, Keith Jackass and wannabe Gerry McNee.

What a sad, sad man.

Buffalo Bill

Who is "George Cumming"?

Does he mean John?

Shouldn't "white night" have a "k" in it somewhere?

This man brings out the pedant in me.

The west coast media feign concern, but if , God Forfend, we went to the wall, they would have to pass round the lemons to take the smiles off their faces. They would be lining up to say "I told you so", in denial of their complete lack of fiscal awareness.

Old Firm sycophants , the lot of them.

The constant tirade of abuse channelled by this so-called journalist towards George Foulkes is almost bordering on an unhealthy obsession. Goodness knows why he has to maintain this continuous rant as he has long since become a source of embarrasment to himself.

The constant tirade of abuse channelled by this so-called journalist towards George Foulkes is almost bordering on an unhealthy obsession. Goodness knows why he has to maintain this continuous rant as he has long since become a source of embarrasment to himself.

Dont like Provan but he is not wide of the mark here,Lord Dode of Basra should also remember that blood never washes out of ermine and his robes will be tarnished forever.

Proven is just a bitter, bitter man; stemming from the harsh fact that his beloved Celtic (you know, the greatest club in the world) washed their hands of him when his career was ended by illness, aged 29.

This is a guy that once said that Hearts should move to Murrayfield, only to then say it would "be the death knell of the club" if we went there; and then for him to go and change his mind back again!

Look at the words and language he uses. Quite simply, it's typical Weegie tabloid fodder. It's Chick Young, Keith Jackass and wannabe Gerry McNee.

What a sad, sad man.

Buffalo Bill

Pretty much spot on. Would only add that Proven is a ladies front bottom.

Pretty much spot on. Would only add that Proven is a ladies front bottom.

Ah Provan -- the cheat -- the man who got Willie Johnston sent off at Parkhead by diving to the floor holding his face (and yes I was there) -- this man is trying to tell us about ethics :mad:

Never trusted him -- when he was playing he threw himself to the ground on every occassion and still tries to fault players for going down 'too easily' today.

2nd rate player, journalist and man.

Dont like Provan but he is not wide of the mark here,Lord Dode of Basra should also remember that blood never washes out of ermine and his robes will be tarnished forever.

Can't remember too many people castigating Lord Foulkes when he put in the 3 month moratorium that saved Tynecastle from being sold to CALA or, in fact, anyone putting forward an alternative solution to Romanov at the time either.

Perhaps you could enlighten us?

We should start taking history lessons from the likes of Provan about our club, right enough.

bang on iain,davie provo knows next to ****all about our club,for him to be giving out advice about lord dode is way off the mark.george foulkes never nearly ran our club into the ground,i would like to think most hearts fans would think lord dode done his best at a very difficult time,apart from the colonel that is.

Can't remember too many people castigating Lord Foulkes when he put in the 3 month moratorium that saved Tynecastle from being sold to CALA or, in fact, anyone putting forward an alternative solution to Romanov at the time either.

Perhaps you could enlighten us?

We should start taking history lessons from the likes of Provan about our club, right enough.

I was concerned intially about Cardownie a political carpetbagger and Foulkes a political opportunist.

However my criticism of Lord Dode was later when he advocated selling shares to give Romanov total contol,I believe VR sacked Burley within days.I did advocate at the time not allowing Romanov total control.

Bur VR can pull the wool over anyones eyes...eh

Seymour M Hersh

Provo is a little scrote who clearly has a deep dislike of our club. That's fine with me as I have a deeper dislike of him. His articles about us are almost always inaccurate factually and only underline his bitterness towards HMFC.

I was concerned intially about Cardownie a political carpetbagger and Foulkes a political opportunist.

However my criticism of Lord Dode was later when he advocated selling shares to give Romanov total contol,I believe VR sacked Burley within days.I did advocate at the time not allowing Romanov total control.

Bur VR can pull the wool over anyones eyes...eh

You were concerned about Cardownie & Foulkes but not CPR? Remember who got us into this situation in the first place!

To be fair to Davie Provo , he should know a lot about playing for a club that is minutes from being shut down by the banks due to large debts. After all , wasn't that the state of play at Sellick before wee Fergus came along ?

Much better to have a club run into bankruptcy than be taken over by a scheming foreigner , eh , Davie ? Only that happened at Parkhead too , eh , Davie ?

His article is abysmal.

Since when did the News of the World enter the realms of serious journalism?

The wage story has moved on and taken most Jambos with it. It seems that only a few out-of-touch journos see the need to keep dragging this up.

Le Chat referred to him as "Tosser".

Now, a "Tosser" usually has a successful conclusion - there is nothing about this so-called journo's writing that can be considered "successful" - how about "dweeb"?

slang : an unattractive, insignificant, or inept person

That is being polite.:cool:

Unmitigated tripe. There's more factual information on the side of a corn flakes packet.

hold on a second, are you actually suggesting Kellogs make up the nutrional value of corn flakes and other similar cereals? if so then that's a potentially massive story...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/article34974.ece

For Foulkes sake, what a mess

HEARTS SHAMBLES LIES AT GEORGE'S DOOR

27/09/2008

AS the corpses of America?s biggest investment banks litter Wall Street, the death of Heart of Midlothian Football Club wouldn?t cause a ripple in the current financial landscape.

But we should all hope we?re not witnessing the beginning of Vladimir Romanov?s end game.

Rumour has it that Vlad has lost interest. Fine, as long as he keeps paying the bank interest but you wouldn?t bet on that right now.

The numbers have never made any sense at Tynecastle and Romanov is not immune from the credit crunch.

This week?s news that players? wages hadn?t reached their bank accounts was flippantly dismissed by some Lithuanian lackey but it should have had alarm bells ringing inside Tynecastle.

Football clubs aren?t just about players and their latest flash motor. They are about cleaners, clerks, chefs and labourers. People who depend on that cheque hitting their bank account on time to pay the bills. I wonder how many of the Tynecastle backroom staff have slept easily since this latest shambles? And as speculation over the club?s future grows you have to wonder how it ever got to this.

He assured us there was no alternative to the Romanov regime

H

3fe0

earts, born in 1874. The club of McCrae?s Battalion. Of Tommy Walker, Dave Mackay and George Cumming. Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh, Jim Jefferies and John Robertson.

A great Scottish football club with a history and support to match. Yet now totally reliant on the health of obscure Baltic bank Ukio Bankas. God help them.

Also wasn?t it predictable that the latest fiasco would be the cue for that old chancer George Foulkes to rear his ugly head?

Foulkes should be dragged up to Edinburgh castle, stuffed into its biggest cannon and fired deep into the Firth of Forth for his part in this circus, yet there he was lecturing anyone daft enough to listen to him.

Like a true Westminster snake oil salesman he told us: ?I would be confident that if there was any threat to the future of Hearts there would be people willing to step in.

?They would make sure that the club, which is not just important to Edinburgh but Scotland as a whole, wouldn?t be threatened in the same way Gretna were.?

In the same breath he also assured us there was no alternative to the Romanov regime three and a half years ago, saying: ?At the time Romanov was the only show in town and even now the fans recognise that if he hadn?t come in we?d be a poor team playing at Murrayfield and struggling.?

Let me get this straight. By Foulkes? skewed logic, nobody wanted to buy Hearts from Chris Robinson at a time the sale of Tynecastle could have left Hearts debt free and renting Murrayfield? Yet now they?re queuing up to take on a mortgage of ?36million?

These saviours exist only in Foulkes? imagination.

Unless he?s recruiting from the local asylum there is nobody who would touch Hearts or any other Scottish club with a barge pole these days.

Also spare me the latest wheeze that Romanov, left, recently turned down a megabucks offer to buy him out.

Foulkes fixed Hearts up with the blind date from hell

Hearts are stuck with Vlad and instead of peddling fairytales, Foulkes should have levelled with supporters who deserve the truth.

The reality is not for the faint-hearted. There are no white nights waiting in the wings and if Romanov decides to let Hearts go bust, the ground and players will be sold off to pay the creditors.

Who is the biggest creditor? Ukio Bankas.

That scenario would leave supporters with no team, no ground and no hope.

If clubs in the English Premier League are feeling the squeeze of high interest rates and shrinking sponsorship revenue, how much longer will Romanov keep putting his hand in his pocket?

Foulkes fixed Hearts up with the blind date from hell when he sold Romanov to the Gorgie faithful.

Now they have no choice but to dance with the Devil.

Romanov is rarely seen at games these days. All a far cry from the time he travelled on supporters? buses to court popularity.

Since then punters have seen through him. Pity Foulkes couldn?t when it really mattered.

I can not stand Provan and he usally talks p!sh and is so bias it is unbelievable. He is no financial expert, so I will not take lessons from him on the subject.

The only thing I do agree on is hs take on Foulkes, who talks equal drivel and did contradict himself a bit over a potential takeover.

I can not stand Provan and he usally talks p!sh and is so bias it is unbelievable. He is no financial expert, so I will not take lessons from him on the subject.

The only thing I do agree on is hs take on Foulkes, who talks equal drivel and did contradict himself a bit over a potential takeover.

Provan didnt write it,ive talked to him and doubt he could write out a dundee shuffle.

Actually the "blind date from hell" meaning we now have to "dance with the devil" isnt too bad for any Murdoch publication.

Archived