Have Ripo's players not been paid either?

shaun.lawson

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Investigation-begins-as-Hearts-players.4534404.jp

"A spokesman for MTZ-RIPO, the club in Belarus in which Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has an interest, refused to comment yesterday on whether its players had received wages this week."

Pretty odd thing to refuse to comment on, isn't it?

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Investigation-begins-as-Hearts-players.4534404.jp

"A spokesman for MTZ-RIPO, the club in Belarus in which Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has an interest, refused to comment yesterday on whether its players had received wages this week."

Not in Eastern Europe. They probably get paid in dollar notes or into Swiss bank accounts. :whistling:

Sheriff Fatman
Bump. This is serious stuff, people!

Is it bollocks. Late payments happen regularly in far bigger and richer organisations than Hearts, UKIO or UBIG. It happened to me at least 6 times in three years working for Pepsico, but there weren't banner headlines about that.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Bump. This is serious stuff, people!

No it's not! Why would anyone at Ripo want to talk to someone desperately trying to s**t stir?

MTZ-Ripo players could be paid weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or every 60 days or whatever - unless we know the facts of when & how often they should be paid them refusing to comment on what is essentially a local matter unless it's a persistant problem whther Ripo players were paid this week or next week or whenever really isn't anybodies business uless they are overdue payments by several weeks or months.

Is it bollocks. Late payments happen regularly in far bigger and richer organisations than Hearts, UKIO or UBIG. It happened to me at least 6 times in three years working for Pepsico, but there weren't banner headlines about that.

Yes, it was just a technical glitch.

And Burley was killing our club.

Rix was a 'hero'.

And we'd have stuffed Celtic if Miko had played before Skacel.

Sorry, but I don't believe a word that comes out of that eastern european hellhole these days.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Yes, it was just a technical glitch.

And Burley was killing our club.

Rix was a 'hero'.

And we'd have stuffed Celtic if Miko had played before Skacel.

Sorry, but I don't believe a word that comes out of that eastern european hellhole these days.

If it happens again, then it will be time to worry.

The real solution, of course, is to get rid of this nonsense "command and control" situation where Lithuania parcels the money over to Tynecastle, rather than empowering Messrs Ogilvie and Fraser to pay the bills.

If it happens again, then it will be time to worry.

The real solution, of course, is to get rid of this nonsense "command and control" situation where Lithuania parcels the money over to Tynecastle, rather than empowering Messrs Ogilvie and Fraser to pay the bills.

That would require Hearts to be run at break-even or profitable AND have positive cash-flow ...... UKIO-Bankas send over the short-fall to subsidise our over-spending, loss-making & negative cash-flow.

Er no. Ripo have probably been told not to make comments to Scottish journos. Why? Well I'm sure you can fathom that one Shaun...

An unnamed spokesman refused to comment ?

Eat your heart out Daily Record staff...........beat that for sheer vagueness ( is that even a word ?)

ToadKiller Dog

What it does show is that the scottish media are raking over every little thing connected with our club and the clubs owners,I woundt suprised if a ****** reporter was found raking about in Romanovs bins.

Geoff Kilpatrick
That would require Hearts to be run at break-even or profitable AND have positive cash-flow ...... UKIO-Bankas send over the short-fall to subsidise our over-spending, loss-making & negative cash-flow.

That's a complete red herring! If HMFC budget correctly then the funding can be in place at the correct time to make up the shortfall.

I think (hope) the story is probably nonsense, but if it was true then I think this dont worry 'late payment happen regularly' attitude is pure denial. A single techinical hitch with our players' wages - fine no problem. Other Vlad employees going unpaid - very concerning.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I think (hope) the story is probably nonsense, but if it was true then I think this dont worry 'late payment happen regularly' attitude is pure denial. A single techinical hitch with our players' wages - fine no problem. Other Vlad employees going unpaid - very concerning.

But there is absolutely no evidence of it. All there is is a "p*ss off" or words to that effect to a Scottish hack from someone in Belarus!

Guest jambomickey
Maybe to a doom merchant like yourself...but I couldnt give a flying **** to be honest:cool:

you need to get in the real world! how many games have you been to this season?

Guest jambomickey
What has that got to do with the original question?:cool:

because you try to put a positive spin on everything! how many hearts games have you been to this season?

Geoff Kilpatrick
because you try to put a positive spin on everything! how many hearts games have you been to this season?

I've not been to any but I fail to see the relevance it has to the point in question.

Thats because im not a negative bore like so many on here:)

As for watching Hearts this season its been impossible for me to go,due to working in far off parts.

But in the past seasons ive seen them probably more than most.

I've not been to any but I fail to see the relevance it has to the point in question.

My point to Geoff,but just let him rabble away;)

Guest jambomickey
My point to Geoff,but just let him rabble away;)

your the one who rabbles and by the way i'm not saying your not a good hearts man because you are! i used to see you at games myself years ago and you were next to me that dreadful day at dens park

your the one who rabbles and by the way i'm not saying your not a good hearts man because you are! i used to see you at games myself years ago and you were next to me that dreadful day at dens park

Then why the 3rd degree?

My posts usually consist of one or two lines...hardly rambling.

Guest jambomickey
Then why the 3rd degree?

My posts usually consist of one or two lines...hardly rambling.

yeah one or two lines having a dig because my opinions differ from yours!

Guest jambomickey
Correct;)

look at the season ticket numbers and the empty spaces at tynie then you see how many fans have lost faith with the rat in lithuania

look at the season ticket numbers and the empty spaces at tynie then you see how many fans have lost faith with the rat in lithuania

I was going when the gates dipped to 3 or 4 thousand,now that WAS a crisis !

But there is absolutely no evidence of it. All there is is a "p*ss off" or words to that effect to a Scottish hack from someone in Belarus!

I agree - I said that the story was probably nonsense. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be true.

Maybe to a doom merchant like yourself...but I couldnt give a flying **** to be honest:cool:

I'm not a doom merchant.

Er no. Ripo have probably been told not to make comments to Scottish journos. Why? Well I'm sure you can fathom that one Shaun...

Possibly - but a simple "no, the stories are wholly untrue" would've killed it stone dead.

I linked to the article, incidentally, because of rumours (unsubstantiated, I might add: or at least, only from a single source) I'd already heard that Ripo's players haven't been paid in several weeks. It may be false; it may be true: we can only wait and see.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Possibly - but a simple "no, the stories are wholly untrue" would've killed it stone dead.

I linked to the article, incidentally, because of rumours (unsubstantiated, I might add: or at least, only from a single source) I'd already heard that Ripo's players haven't been paid in several weeks. It may be false; it may be true: we can only wait and see.

Why not say that at the start of the thread then Shaun?

Also, how credible is your source?

I would also point out that the failure to pay 10 zibzabs or whatever the currency of Belarus is doesn't interest me in the slightest. If, however, HMFC players and staff failed to be paid AGAIN (and there is no way this could be covered up) then it would be time to panic.

Why not say that at the start of the thread then Shaun?

Also, how credible is your source?

I would also point out that the failure to pay 10 zibzabs or whatever the currency of Belarus is doesn't interest me in the slightest. If, however, HMFC players and staff failed to be paid AGAIN (and there is no way this could be covered up) then it would be time to panic.

I'd say my source is pretty credible - but I'm not at liberty to name them. I didn't mention it in the OP because a) I wanted to see if anyone else might've heard anything; and B) it would've just descended into the usual "source?" "I'm not at liberty to name them." "You're just slavering pish!" malarkey. What I need is another source to verify what I've heard, basically.

On your second para, by the way, I entirely agree.

I'd say my source is pretty credible - but I'm not at liberty to name them. I didn't mention it in the OP because a) I wanted to see if anyone else might've heard anything; and B) it would've just descended into the usual "source?" "I'm not at liberty to name them." "You're just slavering pish!" malarkey. What I need is another source to verify what I've heard, basically.

Shaun -- I'm worried that you spend too much time pandering to your friends on porkies.net -- never standing up for yourself and always bending over -- not the position of a true Hearts fan.

Then you want to link unsubstantiated rumours which would have been checked in last 2 weeks by better placed sources than yourself and tell us that you can't name sources -- are they based in Belarus/Lithuania ? -- or are they based in the local pub bores seat where most of the rubbish comes from.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You think Sergey is pretty credible! :eek::)

Shaun -- I'm worried that you spend too much time pandering to your friends on porkies.net -- never standing up for yourself and always bending over -- not the position of a true Hearts fan.

Then you want to link unsubstantiated rumours which would have been checked in last 2 weeks by better placed sources than yourself and tell us that you can't name sources -- are they based in Belarus/Lithuania ? -- or are they based in the local pub bores seat where most of the rubbish comes from.

They're based in Lithuania.

As for hibs.net - as I've said before, I like and will always enjoy discussing anything football-related with rival fans. I lament how tribal and nasty so much of football has become since segregation was brought in: nastiness and even pseudo-hatred just ain't my thing. Of course, I have to be polite and careful over there: the same applies to any Hibs fan on here.

Because there's zero point in threads descending into pointless tit-for-tat nonsense: I go on football discussion forums to debate, and you can't do that if you don't treat others with the utmost respect. But while you accuse me of never standing up for myself, over there, I'm now known as Charlie Mann: must be doing something right, wouldn't you say...?

Geoff Kilpatrick

As for hibs.net - as I've said before, I like and will always enjoy discussing anything football-related with rival fans. I lament how tribal and nasty so much of football has become since segregation was brought in: nastiness and even pseudo-hatred just ain't my thing. Of course, I have to be polite and careful over there: the same applies to any Hibs fan on here.

Because there's zero point in threads descending into pointless tit-for-tat nonsense: I go on football discussion forums to debate, and you can't do that if you don't treat others with the utmost respect. But while you accuse me of never standing up for myself, over there, I'm now known as Charlie Mann: must be doing something right, wouldn't you say...?

I was going to shout "None" then but he's been taken already!

In all seriousness, I don't know, nor do I care what happens at MTZ. As long as it doesn't happen again at Tynecastle, nothing else matters.

Gave up on Hibs.net personally. It is getting tougher and tougher to talk footie without outbreaks of "yam fuddery" breaking out. Disappointed as kinda figured messageboards were a route away from that.

Did like your rose amongst er thorns post though....

I.e. the glory hunters.

We_are_the_Hearts
I.e. the glory hunters.

How can anyone call a Hearts fan a glory hunter? Every team has PT supporters though. People who would go if the entertainment matched the price but who have other things they can be doing with their Saturday. It's up to Vlad to attract these people. If anything he is turning even more people away with the shambles of the way the club is run.

why anyone would comment to a random newspaper from a different country about your staffs pay is beyond me! im sure ripo/ kaunas & hearts' staff for that matter have all been told not to comment to newspapers about it.

i have been told in my work not to talk to journalists before so its not really that big a deal.

disclaimer: the comments in this post dont mean im not concerned about the current state of affairs so no one go in a huff please :o

Guest jambomickey
I.e. the glory hunters.

there not glory hunters they just seen through the mad paranoid control freak in lithuania and by the way all us who do go are showing blind loyalty

Archived