The Derby

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett

Simple really, can we win this at Easter Road??? My heart and head are saying 2 different things. Would we be happy to leave that horrible place with a point?

Simple really, can we win this at Easter Road??? My heart and head are saying 2 different things. Would we be happy to leave that horrible place with a point?

The immediate problem is that Hibs will DEFINETLY be right up for it. Apart from two players I dont think you can promise the same about our squad.

Unfortunately thats usually the difference in derby games when both the teams are sh\te

The Old Tolbooth

Right now I would say no, however there's a lot can happen between now and the 18th of October, lets just wait and see.

The immediate problem is that Hibs will DEFINETLY be right up for it. Apart from two players I dont think you can promise the same about our squad.

Unfortunately thats usually the difference in derby games when both the teams are sh\te

We have a good chance imo. You can't often predict how they'll go....apart from a draw that is. :)

We have a good chance imo. You can't often predict how they'll go....apart from a draw that is. :)

Of course we've a good chance. We had a good chance today but we didnt turn up. If we dont turn up against Hibs the same outcome will happen. If we DO turn up I still think we're a better team man for man than they are and I think we'll beat them.

Of course we've a good chance. We had a good chance today but we didnt turn up. If we dont turn up against Hibs the same outcome will happen. If we DO turn up I still think we're a better team man for man than they are and I think we'll beat them.

So is our problem motivation or what? I thought we played a good passing game, with little final product I accept, in the first few games. I wasn't there today but the last few games have looked more like last season imo. :eek:

We'll get humped from the hobos if we play the way we did today. They really need to pull them selfs together if they want to win the derby. I I hope we got a good result agianst killie next week, it will give them a bit more confidence to fo to beaster road...

It doesnt matter how bad we are playing I always think we can beat the manky mob, home or away.

I've seen worse Hearts teams than what we have at the moment win against Hobo teams that were supposed to be right up for it...they are manky hobos, **** um.

They are as pish as we are and then some FTH

without commitment we've no chance........................

without passion we've no chance....................

without caring we've no chance..............

so,in summary probably not i'm afraid :(

if the team that turned up yesterday we can draw 0-0 but if we are on our game 4-0 is not impossible but 2-0 to us is probable:107years:

I agree. Unless there is a shake-up and a few boots up backsides, we will take the field at ER with shirkers and passengers in the side, and we will get humped. We might only get humped 1-0 ? la CIS because they're not capable of much more, but it won't be pretty.

I hope Csaba will be delivering a few home truths this week, but after the "with only ten men we dominated the game" pesh from yesterday I'm not holding my breath.

Not only 'can' we win, we WILL win.

That's the attitude,mate.

Never,ever go into a derby with anything less than three points in mind.

As someone else said,the form book goes oot the windae.

They need a humping and we're just the boys to dish it out!

:)

portobellojambo1

Can we win the game, of course, will we win the game, that is a completely different matter. Derby games are difficult to predict, because they are different from most other games. One thing the team do have to be is up for it, simply turning up is not enough. Play as we did yesterday and we will get murdered again.

Would love a win in this game, but would happily settle for a point.

you wouldn't be making that comment if you were there yesterday

But that's the point some people,including myself,are making.I wasn't there yesterday but the derby will be completely different in all ways.Let's get them humped!

The most important attribute needed for a 'Derby' is the right attitude.

I don't think our players really have the Heart for a real good fight at the moment.

That concerns me.

Dr Ian Malcolm

This always happens before we go to Easter Rd. "If we play like that we'll get humped". The last few times we've been there we've been poor but they've yet to get anywhere near humping us. Pretty sure the last time we lost there was April 2006?

Scrappy 1-1 draw, as per.

Two truly mediocre teams, you would struggle to get a decent 11 out of both squads. We have much the better keeper, both defences and midfields are fairly similar and very inconsistent and they have much the better strikers. Anything can happen but it will probably come down to who wants it more.

Two truly mediocre teams, you would struggle to get a decent 11 out of both squads. We have much the better keeper, both defences and midfields are fairly similar and very inconsistent and they have much the better strikers. Anything can happen but it will probably come down to who wants it more.

I think that it is the key.

And as I said earlier....

That concerns me.

Archived