Can Someone Please explain???

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett

Ok can anyone let me know why Karipisis is currently getting a game ahead of Ruben?? Surely im not alone in thinking Ruben is a class midfielder and has a lot of potential too. at least he can pass a ball too. It baffles me why he cant get a game. Any one agree here?

Of our 3 southern European 'holding midfielders', Karipidis is the best of a poor bunch in the SPL. The other 2 are too soft for Scottish football (Karipidis is too soft as well to be fair but less soft than the other mr softys). I would move them all on in January.

Captain Scarlett
Of our 3 southern European 'holding midfielders', Karipidis is the best of a poor bunch in the SPL. The other 2 are too soft for Scottish football (Karipidis is too soft as well to be fair but less soft than the other mr softys). I would move them all on in January.

Why do we need a holding midfielder anyway? We dont have a good one so why play with one in the formation? Ruben should be drafted in the centre.

Why do we need a holding midfielder anyway? We dont have a good one so why play with one in the formation? Ruben should be drafted in the centre.

He was awful when he came on today. And cost a goal in his couple of minutes against Falkirk.

The formation is so unsuited to our group of players it is unreal that it keeps coming out every week. 3 lightweight wingers in the same side. A sap 'holding midfielder' and Mikey Stewart trying to carry all of them.

The Old Tolbooth

Coco, you cant seriously believe that Karipidis is better than Ruben in that position?

Coco, you cant seriously believe that Karipidis is better than Ruben in that position?

I think that Karipidis is awful in that position. But he holds the position better than Palazuelos which is important given just how weak and lightweight our midfield/forwards are (not to mention how soft the defence is). Palazuelos is expert in looking good while he plays a team mate into trouble.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Romanov likes defenders in the holding midfield role - Tall, Zaliukas and Karapidis have all played there. Also, according to Csaba, Mrowiec was a defender playing in the holding role for Kaunas. Fascinating as well that the one player who Romanov has taken a dislike to more than any other, Brellier, was a genuinely effective holding midfielder who wasn't also a defender.

Romanov likes defenders in the holding midfield role - Tall, Zaliukas and Karapidis have all played there. Also, according to Csaba, Mrowiec was a defender playing in the holding role for Kaunas. Fascinating as well that the one player who Romanov has taken a dislike to more than any other, Brellier, was a genuinely effective holding midfielder who wasn't also a defender.

It has been downhill all the way since Brellier was elbowed out of the team :mad:

I think that when he comes back from his ban it is time to return Jonsson to the midfield. I guess that his potential transfer value would be lower as a midfielder (he won't make the Premiership there, whereas he could if he developed properly as a right back) - but we need him in the centre of midfield.

The Old Tolbooth
I think that Karipidis is awful in that position. But he holds the position better than Palazuelos which is important given just how weak and lightweight our midfield/forwards are (not to mention how soft the defence is). Palazuelos is expert in looking good while he plays a team mate into trouble.

There was a point last season when I thought that Ruben was our only football player who looked to play passes to feet and always find a man, but he was quickly found out imo, I still think he's better than Karipidis in that position though.

Something to bear in mind is that Bruno is also very effective in that position, but is also more versatile pushed further up in midfield.

though Karipidis has looked a bit better in recent weeks in midfield. He still looks like a central defender in midfield. We need a proper midfielder, attacking minded, good link up player and perhaps a bit defense minded too. Karapidis only ticks the defense minded box unfortunately. Think ruben ticks more and should definetely be given a chance in the current squad :)

Archived