Just another defeat

stirlo

I was at Tannadice today to witness yet another embarrassing defeat to a very average side. The sad thing is that I can't say I'm that gutted tonight. Why? Because results like today have become so common over the last couple of seasons that we've almost come to expect them.

I know that football fans are by nature optimistic, but I look at the current squad of players and honestly find it hard to understand why people are surprised by results like today's.

Think of the team that started the game - is there a single player out of that lot that will score more than 5 or 6 goals a season? The lack of goals coupled with a fairly mediocre defence is clearly a recipe for more results like today.

Even if Tullberg starts to score a few goals, the serious lack of goals from midfield is going to cost us.

I'm just hoping that in January we bring in a couple of attacking midfielders and a decent striker to give us some more attacking options - until we do I think we'll struggle.

Today's result was disappointing - but what's far more disappointing is that we have a squad of players who - on the whole - are simply not good enough for HMFC.

The Old Tolbooth

One thing I would disagree with is United being described today as a very average side, I thought they played very well today, and that's possibly the best I've seen them play against us in 24 years, however we were absolutely pish and didn't compete at any point in the game.

Cant argue with the rest of your post though mate

One thing I would disagree with is United being described today as a very average side, I thought they played very well today, and that's possibly the best I've seen them play against us in 24 years, however we were absolutely pish and didn't compete at any point in the game.

Cant argue with the rest of your post though mate

I agree that United played well today - but I think I'm right in saying that today was the fourth time in the last couple of seasons that they have put at least 3 goals past us. I'm certainly not saying we have any devine right to beat a team like United - but we should at least be competing with them. They must now look forward to fixtures against us as an easy 3 points.

Jambof3tornado
I agree with you completely . If we bring in a left-back attacking midfielders and a 15-20 goal a season striker .

you say that like they grow on trees. If they can score 15-20 goals they wont want to play for hearts or anyone else in scotland outwith the old firm.

I want Obua to play at left back(probably coz I no longer want to watch wallace flounder around giving the ball away to anyone he likes).;)

The Old Tolbooth
I agree that United played well today - but I think I'm right in saying that today was the fourth time in the last couple of seasons that they have put at least 3 goals past us. I'm certainly not saying we have any devine right to beat a team like United - but we should at least be competing with them. They must now look forward to fixtures against us as an easy 3 points.

It's swings and roundabouts mate, there was a time when we were unbeaten against them for donkeys (I think it was something like 10 years at Tynie undefeated)

Now it's their turn to turn the screw, I wouldn't mind but better United teams have lost against us in the past, such is the disorganisation of the shambles at Hearts these days.

I went to Tynecastle and saw Dundee United beat Hearts four nil in the Scottish Cup (The only competition we realistically have had a chance of winning for the last sixty years ) so being beaten is nothing new.

At least Graham Rix didnt get the Newcastle job.

:)

skacel is barry

I have to say also that it's at the stage where, not only would any decent manager not want to come to us, but any half decent players either, certainly not any Scottish ones. Too many players here for an easy pay packet, plucked from obscurity by our mad owner. Very few have any passion for the club. .Which is worrying for the future, despite what's being said about promising youngsters coming through the academy.

So under the current ownership, it doesn't look good. There's too much crap, too much instability and the club is loosing its identity.

Sorry to be so negative, but this doesn't feel like the club I've followed since the early 70s. This is not just a reaction to today's performance

I doubt we will bring anybody in until we get some of these huddies off the wage bill and I can't see many clubs queuing up to take them, do you?

I have to say also that it's at the stage where, not only would any decent manager not want to come to us, but any half decent players either, certainly not any Scottish ones. Too many players here for an easy pay packet, plucked from obscurity by our mad owner. Very few have any passion for the club. .Which is worrying for the future, despite what's being said about promising youngsters coming through the academy.

So under the current ownership, it doesn't look good. There's too much crap, too much instability and the club is loosing its identity.

Sorry to be so negative, but this doesn't feel like the club I've followed since the early 70s. This is not just a reaction to today's performance

2+2= :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1

As a football fan you have to accept that your team will lose games. I can do that, even if grudgingly, not happy about it but I accept it will happen. If you walk out of a football ground and you know in your own mind your team have been beaten off the park by a better side it is not so hard to take.

I find it hard to describe today's defeat because I cannot think of the right words to describe it, lack of ideas, lack of passion, lack of desire, it was one of them, possibly a combination of all three.

It was just another defeat, but it was the manner of the defeat that was hard to take, nobody in the side seemed to really care, and that was the saddest part.

I was at Tannadice today to witness yet another embarrassing defeat to a very average side. The sad thing is that I can't say I'm that gutted tonight. Why? Because results like today have become so common over the last couple of seasons that we've almost come to expect them.

I know that football fans are by nature optimistic, but I look at the current squad of players and honestly find it hard to understand why people are surprised by results like today's.

Think of the team that started the game - is there a single player out of that lot that will score more than 5 or 6 goals a season? The lack of goals coupled with a fairly mediocre defence is clearly a recipe for more results like today.

Even if Tullberg starts to score a few goals, the serious lack of goals from midfield is going to cost us.

I'm just hoping that in January we bring in a couple of attacking midfielders and a decent striker to give us some more attacking options - until we do I think we'll struggle.

Today's result was disappointing - but what's far more disappointing is that we have a squad of players who - on the whole - are simply not good enough for HMFC.

Hit the nail on the head. In some ways there are certain parallells with Jim Jefferies' first season only he wasn't handicapped by having to wait for a transfer window. He like Csaba had inherited a squad that was average and lacking in confidence. Once he brought in the likes of Bruno, Fulton, Pointon and Rousset was he able to move Hearts up a gear. Laszlo needs to give his squad a shot in the arm with signings who can lift what he has now.

Like you I wasn't surprised. The best Csaba can do at this current moment in time is to try and get the team punching above its weight. Given the current standard of said squad, a dose of realism is required in accepting this may not happen week after week. We can only hope the blips are few a far between until January.

As a football fan you have to accept that your team will lose games. I can do that, even if grudgingly, not happy about it but I accept it will happen. If you walk out of a football ground and you know in your own mind your team have been beaten off the park by a better side it is not so hard to take.

I find it hard to describe today's defeat because I cannot think of the right words to describe it, lack of ideas, lack of passion, lack of desire, it was one of them, possibly a combination of all three.

It was just another defeat, but it was the manner of the defeat that was hard to take, nobody in the side seemed to really care, and that was the saddest part.

110% agree

Guest Fabuloso

You sir have hit the nail on the head. The football side is being overshadowed by the circus sideshow and therefore fans are less focussed on the footballing side. Being beaten is one thing however being beaten by a poorer side on a regular basis (for all the wrong reasons) is another. Surely it's only a matter of time before fans wake up and smell the coffee? I understand that being a fan means loyalty beyond the norm however surely the tolerance levels are being breached here? I support Hearts for what they stand for, not VR and what he stands for. Anyone that goes on about 'no alternative' is kidding themselves on.

Hit the nail on the head. In some ways there are certain parallells with Jim Jefferies' first season only he wasn't handicapped by having to wait for a transfer window. He like Csaba had inherited a squad that was average and lacking in confidence. Once he brought in the likes of Bruno, Fulton, Pointon and Rousset was he able to move Hearts up a gear. Laszlo needs to give his squad a shot in the arm with signings who can lift what he has now.

Like you I wasn't surprised. The best Csaba can do at this current moment in time is to try and get the team punching above its weight. Given the current standard of said squad, a dose of realism is required in accepting this may not happen week after week. We can only hope the blips are few a far between until January.

In January it is hard to expect that the recruitment process will change significantly.

And even if it does, then Laszlo has no track record in bringing in players. Jefferies did.

Archived