We are simply not good enough........

Clerry Jambo

This is not a reaction to todays result although I am absolutely fuming:mad:

Anyone who thought otherwise is seriously kidding themselves on!

In too many years to remember and having followed poor Hearts teams in the long distant past was anyone really optimistic about this season

We lack quality in every area of the park, we are very average, we have no flair, no leadership, no feck all.

yeah the usual Hobo comments will come out, but please lets examine where we are.

Have we improved our first 11 in the last few transfer windows, and if we have please name names:rolleyes:

This result is no shock, I unfortunately predicted a home win, not difficult if your are honest with yourself.

To underline our poor squad quality are there that many players who YOU would have played today before the selected 11 - thank you:hobofish:

The Old Tolbooth

I agree we dont have good enough players, but I would settle for the players we have trying their hardest in a maroon jersey, if they were played in their correct position in the first place!!

Guest jambomickey
I agree we dont have good enough players, but I would settle for the players we have trying their hardest in a maroon jersey, if they were played in their correct position in the first place!!

spot on mate! give me 11 players bursting a gut and playing in there natural positions and i'll take that

I've said it before......

The performences aren't really any better than last seasons - it's just we've managed to scrape 4 wins by the odd goal.

I've said it before......

The performences aren't really any better than last seasons - it's just we've managed to scrape 4 wins by the odd goal.

All of those games could easily have been draws and other than Inverness easily could have gone the other way.

To be fair the Falkirk game could easily have been a draw or a win for us too.

But it would not have been unfair (given the run of play in the games) for us to have been on 2 points - draws against Falkirk and Inverness.

In too many years to remember and having followed poor Hearts teams in the long distant past was anyone really optimistic about this season

We lack quality in every area of the park, we are very average, we have no flair, no leadership, no feck all.

yeah the usual Hobo comments will come out, but please lets examine where we are.

Have we improved our first 11 in the last few transfer windows, and if we have please name names:rolleyes:

This result is no shock, I unfortunately predicted a home win, not difficult if your are honest with yourself.

To underline our poor squad quality are there that many players who YOU would have played today before the selected 11 - thank you:hobofish:

Tottally agree, however, another question worth asking.....how many Hearts players would get a game for any of the other spl clubs?

Toxteth O'Grady

The next 4 games are.

Kilmarnock Home - JJ always makes it tough for us and we don't have a good recent record in this fixture.

Hibs away - Always difficult

Aberdeen Home - They have been really struggling which is never a good sign.

Celtic Home- Can't see us getting anything out of this one.

If there isn't a drastic improvement in team, selection, effort and tactics we will take very few points from these games

Clerry I couldn't agree more - I've just posted very similar sentiments on another thread. Like you, I'm in no way shocked at today's result - just totally frustrated about how poor we are. Its painful to see our famous club being embarrassed time and time again.

Regarding the lack of activity in the transfer window - I'm among the first to say that Hearts should live within their means and stop spending silly amounts of money on players. The thing is, it would not be difficult to find better players than what we've got now, for half the cost.

Clerry I couldn't agree more - I've just posted very similar sentiments on another thread. Like you, I'm in no way shocked at today's result - just totally frustrated about how poor we are. Its painful to see our famous club being embarrassed time and time again.

Regarding the lack of activity in the transfer window - I'm among the first to say that Hearts should live within their means and stop spending silly amounts of money on players. The thing is, it would not be difficult to find better players than what we've got now, for half the cost.

Och Stirlo........its so wonderful to see someone talking so much sense!!!!!!!

I am actually starting to hate myself on how I feel about the whole club:mad:

I breathe and love Hearts ( sad i know ) but I really can't see any optimism about our great club at the moment.

We are lacking in so many areas --------- ach MOTD is comin oan:p

Your right to an extent Clerry. It`s embarassing how many of our players can`t handle a wee game of football on another teams park.

Get rid. Too many have had long enough now to prove whether or not they can take Hearts forward and these results are becoming all too common.

We simply have too many players with no level of resilience or gut in the face of adversity and most managers judge a player by that.

The ball is in Csabas court. There`s at least 5 or 6 players who dserve a run in the team now must he must change the whole dynamic of how we play.

Feck this patient "grow into the game" sheeite, you should be up for it before ye even go onto the park ffs.

We should be playing at a far higher tempo and that means having more targets to hit going forward, therefore a formation change.

But ultimately we should be emptying a fair amount of players in January.

Your right to an extent Clerry. It`s embarassing how many of our players can`t handle a wee game of football on another teams park.

Get rid. Too many have had long enough now to prove whether or not they can take Hearts forward and these results are becoming all too common.

We simply have too many players with no level of resilience or gut in the face of adversity and most managers judge a player by that.

The ball is in Csabas court. There`s at least 5 or 6 players who dserve a run in the team now must he must change the whole dynamic of how we play.

Feck this patient "grow into the game" sheeite, you should be up for it before ye even go onto the park ffs.

We should be playing at a far higher tempo and that means having more targets to hit going forward, therefore a formation change.

But ultimately we should be emptying a fair amount of players in January.

Romanov has done so much damage Debut in the last 2 seasons it's going to be a long road back i fear.

As you know I am very negative at the moment which I hate but "The Committee" have done that:mad:

We lack quality in every area of the park, we are very average, we have no flair.

The good thing is, many of our competitors are exactly the same.

I also think a little perspective is needed, 1 bad game in 7 this season in the league is not THAT bad & we are still 3rd.

IF we get more performances like Saturday on a more regular basis, then I will start to worry.

Play the guys we have in theor natural positions.

Kick their arses to make them give 100%.

It is not difficult. Unless the fecking Fax Machine still picks the team.

Play the guys we have in theor natural positions.

Kick their arses to make them give 100%.

It is not difficult. Unless the fecking Fax Machine still picks the team.

:)In a nutshell:)

The good thing is, many of our competitors are exactly the same.

I also think a little perspective is needed, 1 bad game in 7 this season in the league is not THAT bad & we are still 3rd.

IF we get more performances like Saturday on a more regular basis, then I will start to worry.

That's the whole point... Yes many of our competitors are as bad, however they always have been.. (In SPL terms).. We've not.

The past 3 seasons have seen the weakest Old Firm I can remember,.. But now they are getting stronger again. They've been there for the taking the past 3 seasons, yet it was only in the first proper season of Vlads tenure that we actually looked as thought we could do the business on them,..

The likes of Killie, Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen and utd are always going to be scrapping in the 4th to 7th spots,.. with occassional forays into 3rd... I don't like to say it but (And I admit there may be some arrogance in this) we should be consistently 3rd with the occassional foray into 2nd...

FWIW I don't think Csaba is the man to take us forward, I think he pays more attention to the fax machine than he admits and I think he's showing himself to be all mouth and no trousers.. He seems to speak very passionately about the game and how it's all he ever thinks about etc.. Well I don't think about it to that extent but even I know when things need shaking up, and boy do they need shaking now!

If somethings not working, change it.

I'll be honest and say that I very nearly changed my coupon on saturday,.. I hovered over the hearts option for a good 10 seconds before going back to it.. Thing is though I just can't bet against Hearts.. (sure I'm not the only one...!).. As it happens Arsenal made and Arse-nal of it for me anyway..

I'm sick of being negative, although that's all I feel I've been for the past 3 years on this board,. I want to scream about how good we are.. but we're just *****.. So I can't shout!

I'm sure there are many folk who come on here and get lambasted ofr not toeing the party line etc who would much rather be beaming form ear to ear and boring the ***** out of family friends and colleagues about how fantastic a footballing club hearts are. But we can't because we are being made to look like ****s. (sp?).

I fear if things go as they are for the rest of the season, we will see another bottom half finish.

I wander when stadium plans are going to be wheeled out again to boost the moral of the obviousy dumb and gullible support? As if thats all it takes for the players to become heroes again..

the inverness and dundee utd games aside i think we are playing a bit better compared to last season..we are leaking stupid goals and not converting chances and personally dont see enough gettin created down the wings..but we are definatly improving.

i really dont see the big panic! the team is developing, we are gettn some results and the gaffer at the very least has a big say in tactics and selection. as far as im concerned tis is a rebuilding year and the top 6 is the target, demanding anything else is just....well silly

We're third and our new manager has had 8 games.

We spent years asking for a manager. We have one (in the best form we'll get).

Why can't we just let him get on with it for now?

Geoff Kilpatrick
We're third and our new manager has had 8 games.

We spent years asking for a manager. We have one (in the best form we'll get).

Why can't we just let him get on with it for now?

Simple. Because we want the Burley days back. It isn't going to happen though.

Archived