Calum Elliot scores (merged threads)

robbo22

Seems to have found his level. Maybe he should consider a permanent move to a first div club.

Or maybe he's too good for the first division....

cracovia 88 jambo

He only goalscores in Irn Bru league I am not the expert voice on Scottish game but am sure most people with knowhow can see this fact.

jamboinglasgow

I have said it before, the biggest problem for Elliot was that his confidence was shot to pieces at hearts. Yes he had bad games but the amount of abuse he got from was nothing short of attroucus. I have always maintained that he has the abilty just not the confidence. I think a loan move was best for him.

But on here it sounds like he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. If he didn't score we would go on about him being useless. Now he is scoring twice in each of the last two games and in a few games and instead of it being he is getting his confidence back and showing the player he could be it is simply that he has found his level.

If elliot continues like this all season and is shown to be a great player I think it should serve as a warning not to give young players such stick as their confidence is not as assured as an experenced player.

I have said it before, the biggest problem for Elliot was that his confidence was shot to pieces at hearts. Yes he had bad games but the amount of abuse he got from was nothing short of attroucus. I have always maintained that he has the abilty just not the confidence. I think a loan move was best for him.

But on here it sounds like he is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. If he didn't score we would go on about him being useless. Now he is scoring twice in each of the last two games and in a few games and instead of it being he is getting his confidence back and showing the player he could be it is simply that he has found his level.

If elliot continues like this all season and is shown to be a great player I think it should serve as a warning not to give young players such stick as their confidence is not as assured as an experenced player.

Pretty much agree with that. Might also be a lesson learned for the coaches who repeatedly put him back in the firing line week after week last year - that was out of order.

Elliot is a better player than either Ksanavicius or Mole, i'd go as far to say he's as good an option as we have in the current Hearts squad for the deep lying forward position. He got into a vicious cycle of poor game leading to abuse, leading to poorer game leading to stronger abuse and so on.

If he continues to be prolific with Livingston, I'd welcome him being given a final chance with Hearts.

Elliot is a better player than either Ksanavicius or Mole, i'd go as far to say he's as good an option as we have in the current Hearts squad for the deep lying forward position. He got into a vicious cycle of poor game leading to abuse, leading to poorer game leading to stronger abuse and so on.

If he continues to be prolific with Livingston, I'd welcome him being given a final chance with Hearts.

I agree with that 100%

To be honest i dont think its easy for any young players at Hearts. To many distractions of the field and there doesnt seem to be any mentors on the clubs pay roll

Didnt think the 4-5-1 helped him either.

I worry a bit that Mole is going down the same route. He may/may not be SPL standard but I don't think that he's getting the help he needs to get better, he's still a young player and needs the support of the fans not them getting on his back.

jamboinglasgow
To be honest i dont think its easy for any young players at Hearts. To many distractions of the field and there doesnt seem to be any mentors on the clubs pay roll

Didnt think the 4-5-1 helped him either.

I think Csaba is a good enough mentor for players, he helps players though unlike Shaggy who tried to be there for the players but ended up too much trying to be a mate rather than an understanding but still authortive figure.

I think Csaba can keep players minds off what happens off-field, for one reason he has to otherwise it could damage the players.

if elliot ends up 20-25 goals he HAS to be given a chance at hearts again, cant say the first div is his level yet, he still has a few years to improve on his game

I'm not saying he'd definitely make it in the SPL but I wouldn't write him off yet. With the right level of encouragement and guidance I reckon he still has a chance to prove the doubters wrong. Can't see it being with us though.

jambos are go!

Elliott was a prolific scorer in youth football and seemingly much admired by a whole number of coaches. He desrves another chance with the fans behind him but not on his back.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I agree that Elliot is nowhere near as bad as some make out. But to blame his lack of confidence on the fans rather than the way the club is run doesn't even begin to tell the story.

Funny how a lot of our strikers find form when they leave us. Bednar, Elliot, even Makela in his loan spells. Maybe it's cause they dont have to play in 4 5 1

Callum Elliot Has Scored 5 Goals For Livi :shocked666:! Brilliant

Permanent Move Would Be The Best Thing If He Doesnt Get A Chance When He Comes Back After His Loan Spell At Livi .

Callum Elliot Has Scored 5 Goals For Livi :shocked666:! Brilliant

Permanent Move Would Be The Best Thing If He Doesnt Get A Chance When He Comes Back After His Loan Spell At Livi .

Why do you start every word with a capital letter?

Sheriff Fatman

Clum, apart from a 5 game period three years ago, has been consistantly awful at Hearts. It was only really in the last year that he recieved anything like abuse from the fans.

If the move to Livingston works out for him then brilliant, but don't expect me to ever think he was anything but a lazy waste of space for us.

clum is crap end off, he hAD NUMEROUS CHANCES AT US AND FAILED MISERABLY, MOLE IS WORSE THOUGH AND NEEDS TO GO TO ALBION ROVERS HE IS THAT BAD. CLUM HAS FOUND HIS LEVEL AND GOOD LUCK TO HIM

Clum, apart from a 5 game period three years ago, has been consistantly awful at Hearts. It was only really in the last year that he recieved anything like abuse from the fans.

If the move to Livingston works out for him then brilliant, but don't expect me to ever think he was anything but a lazy waste of space for us.

Waste of space maybe - but he was never lazy. When was the last time you heard of a lazy, headless chicken?

Calum Elliot is ****ing gash.

I'm just waiting for someone on here to start putting the case forward for him to return here... Don't bother. The man would rather be anywhere else bar Tynecastle. He has had a million chances and failed, and the way he spoke about us in the press in the summer was despicable.

Funny how a lot of our strikers find form when they leave us. Bednar, Elliot, even Makela in his loan spells. Maybe it's cause they dont have to play in 4 5 1

clum played up front on his own and scored in a 4-1 win against the hobos dream 11 in jan 06

siegementality
if elliot ends up 20-25 goals he HAS to be given a chance at hearts again, cant say the first div is his level yet, he still has a few years to improve on his game

How many goals did Jamie Mole score on his loan spell at Livingston?

Waste of space maybe - but he was never lazy. When was the last time you heard of a lazy, headless chicken?

Can we recall him before next Saturday? Then we could follow up a Tannadice shambles with calls for better discipline and he could get himself sent off for two crazy yellows in the first half of a match against Killie.

Hang on...

:cool:

I was at almondvale today to watch the Livi match and i must say Calum Elliot looked impressive. He finished both of the goals well and his general link up play around the box looked like he was a player playing with a lot of confidence at the moment.

On a side note however his attitude was nothing to be proud of. He fell over anytime a partick defender came near him and was constantly moaning at the ref and his team mates. He showed today that he does have a lot of skill and talent but if he doesnt sort his attitude out i cant see him ever making it at Hearts or winning round our support.

Sheriff Fatman
I was at almondvale today to watch the Livi match and i must say Calum Elliot looked impressive. He finished both of the goals well and his general link up play around the box looked like he was a player playing with a lot of confidence at the moment.

On a side note however his attitude was nothing to be proud of. He fell over anytime a partick defender came near him and was constantly moaning at the ref and his team mates. He showed today that he does have a lot of skill and talent but if he doesnt sort his attitude out i cant see him ever making it at Hearts or winning round our support.

The words 'Elliot', 'link up play' and 'around the box' do not compute. Is there another Eliot out there in Livingston, as ours certainly didn't do 'link up play' and was rarely seen 'around the box'.

Yes, I agree.

From what I saw of him last year he was pretty poor but clearly had no confidence.

If he continues in this form will be worth another try.

It is not as if we have anything else up there just now.

Everyone entitled to their own views but to read some of them you would think he was a Hobo.

Before he was loaned to Motherwell he was deemed a good prospect and playing in a better Hearts team than the present one. He really has not recovered from being discarded at that point. It's good to see him scoring goals and probably enjoying his football again.

Archived