U19's Hearts V U19's ICT

Susie-Jambo-66

how did the players play and what was the team?

good result though.

Ridgers

C Thomson, Balatoni, McGowan, Deland,

McKenzie, Stewart, Wood, Wagner,

Mulrooney

Cowan,

Scorers: C Thomson (Pen) and Cowan.

jamboinglasgow
Ridgers

Mulrooney

Cowan,

another week with the same team and another victory looking good. Cowan and Thomson seem to have a goal scoring run going. Have to admit Cowan never really impressed me (not a bad player just nothing that made him stand out) but he is starting to prove he is a goal scorer so I am prepared to admit that I was wrong.

another week with the same team and another victory looking good. Cowan and Thomson seem to have a goal scoring run going. Have to admit Cowan never really impressed me (not a bad player just nothing that made him stand out) but he is starting to prove he is a goal scorer so I am prepared to admit that I was wrong.

I don't know if you have Hearts world tv jamboinglasgow ? Personally I don't however i did see the videos of several games and attended a couple of U19 matches from about february onwards last season where Mark Cowan grabbed several vital goals.....like other young Hearts strikers who have been asked to play the lone striker role it's a hard shift and a thankless task to do the donkey work against SPL style defenders and there is very little glamour to the role howver Cowan puts in a shift and his finishing is actually quite decent considering the role presents limited scoring opportunities and his goal tally & strike rate is creeping upwards.

I only saw the first 15 mins of yesterday game as it started later than advertised however I did see us concede a very sloppy goal in the 1st minute from a long through ball that the defence & keeper didn't deal with & their striker nipped in to score - from what little i did see Johnny Stewart, Ross McKenzie & John Woods tried to get Hearts going.

I only saw the first 15 mins of yesterday game as it started later than advertised however I did see us concede a very sloppy goal in the 1st minute from a long through ball that the defence & keeper didn't deal with & their striker nipped in to score - from what little i did see Johnny Stewart, Ross McKenzie & John Woods tried to get Hearts going.

I think that is the first time for a long while that the team has won 3 games in a row. Having watched some of the game and other games, do you think this is due to consistency of selection or the players being put into the positions on the park where they are strongest.

I think that is the first time for a long while that the team has won 3 games in a row. Having watched some of the game and other games, do you think this is due to consistency of selection or the players being put into the positions on the park where they are strongest.

Possibly that and also some of the players are a year older, playing more maturely & more physically developed and the age gap between our U19's and their opponents has closed - previously we had quite a young team of 16-18 year olds compared to others nearer the upper limit of the age group.

Possibly that and also some of the players are a year older, playing more maturely & more physically developed and the age gap between our U19's and their opponents has closed - previously we had quite a young team of 16-18 year olds compared to others nearer the upper limit of the age group.

Hearts must have the youngest team in the U19 league. The defence yesterday must have had an average age of 17.

Hearts must have the youngest team in the U19 league. The defence yesterday must have had an average age of 17.

That's true Peanut but Ridgers, C.Thomson, Balatoni, Deland, Johnny Stewart, Spoony, Wagner, Woods, Cowan all played in a number of games last season when they were even younger than they are now.

That's true Peanut but Ridgers, C.Thomson, Balatoni, Deland, Johnny Stewart, Spoony, Wagner, Woods, Cowan all played in a number of games last season when they were even younger than they are now.

Aye but rarely did so many of them play in the same team.

Is Conrad 17 yet?

Aye but rarely did so many of them play in the same team.

Is Conrad 17 yet?

He will turn 18 in January according to Hearts website - Gary Glen, Johnny Brown, Matej Rapnik & Husband are all still eligible for the U19's but have appeared more often in reserve & 1st team squads.

Also Visconte & Danny Thomson are long term injured .... Copil was standing on the sidelines yesterday watching the game & looking like a chavvy-gadgie - not sure why he wasn't playing.

He will turn 18 in January according to Hearts website - Gary Glen, Johnny Brown, Matej Rapnik & Husband are all still eligible for the U19's but have appeared more often in reserve & 1st team squads.

Also Visconte & Danny Thomson are long term injured .... Copil was standing on the sidelines yesterday watching the game & looking like a chavvy-gadgie - not sure why he wasn't playing.[/QUOTE]

Copil missed yesterday's game due to injury.

The under 17s got horsed 4-0 from Hibs today, if that is the guy Cowan (manager) that people are praising he did not impress one bit today and the players lacked any cohesion/leadership.

Hibs were better in all departments

jamboinglasgow
The under 17s got horsed 4-0 from Hibs today, if that is the guy Cowan (manager) that people are praising he did not impress one bit today and the players lacked any cohesion/leadership.

Hibs were better in all departments

sad that it was such a bad result but isn't it correct that most of last years U17 team are in the U19 team now so there will little cohesion built into this team as they are still starting to gel together. I may be wrong as I haven't seen the U17 play but wondering if this may be the case.

Ridgers

Mulrooney

Cowan,

Top goalscorer at RB. 'Mon the Tommo.

Sorry to see McGowan playing centre of defence.Would prefer to see him in midfield.

It was the younger McGowan brother Dylan who played centre-back, Ryan is now too old for the U19's.

Top goalscorer at RB. 'Mon the Tommo.

When they were doing the pre-match warm up as you would expect Darren Murray had the strikers & attacking midfielders (Cowan, McKenzie, Wagner, Love) doing shooting in practice against the goalie - what was unusual though was that Craig Thomson was also involved in this small group - the kid has a good shot & good finishing especially when you consider he is a full-back.

Young Thommo is certainly a decent prospect - even more so if he can keep up his good scoring rate.

I always thought reserve and u19 results never mattered

Well at least they never last season, funny how some are changing their tune now

As for the results, its good to do them doing well but I really dont think many of them have enough to be SPL footballers in the future sadly and none are going to be the overnight saviours

When they were doing the pre-match warm up as you would expect Darren Murray had the strikers & attacking midfielders (Cowan, McKenzie, Wagner, Love) doing shooting in practice against the goalie - what was unusual though was that Craig Thomson was also involved in this small group - the kid has a good shot & good finishing especially when you consider he is a full-back.

Young Thommo is certainly a decent prospect - even more so if he can keep up his good scoring rate.

Possibly something to do with him being the 1st choice penalty taker? I can't think of any other reason for him to be there.

I always thought reserve and u19 results never mattered

Well at least they never last season, funny how some are changing their tune now

As for the results, its good to do them doing well but I really dont think many of them have enough to be SPL footballers in the future sadly and none are going to be the overnight saviours

Well that will be the same as every club that plays football then -- not too perceptive a point from you Prancer.

Every club knows you only get one maybe 2 from each crop of players and this is true at Man Utd and Rochdale -- so we are no different.

Reserve results and those of U19 can only be accurately guaged if you know all the players at your club and those at other clubs -- you have no idea of their strength otherwise.

Ps not talking about youngsters bought at Arsenal for example -- it's easy to pay ?5 million for a 17 year old if you have the money.

Sorry to see McGowan playing centre of defence.Would prefer to see him in midfield.

There are 2 McGowans, Ryan and his younger brother Dylan.

And if they play next year they will be even "older"

Is McGowan jnr up to much?

Very much a younger version of his brother both in appearance but also how they play - both can play centre defensive or midfield - Dylan was in the back four beside Conrad Balatoni on saturday.

Archived