A Cunning plan?

Gannet

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that the recent "non-pay day" fiasco, was but a cunning plan by the powers that be, very carefully engineered, to make us all realize, who's calling the shots, and make us fear for the very existence of our beloved club? Or am i just being paranoid...again!?!?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that the recent "non-pay day" fiasco, was but a cunning plan by the powers that be, very carefully engineered, to make us all realize, who's calling the shots, and make us fear for the very existence of our beloved club? Or am i just being paranoid...again!?!?

Yes.

It might make it easier for some more radical cost-cutting measures to be introduced more quickly with less disquiet & complaint if people realise the fragile nature of Hearts finances but I reckon that is a consequence of what has happened and not any design or motive behind it.

think you're taking it too far gannet mate, Are you stoned???

Nucky Thompson
It could be Gannet. VR was maybe thinking I'll put the frightners up those ungrateful tossers;)

Guest gorgie kev
It could be Gannet. VR was maybe thinking I'll put the frightners up those ungrateful tossers;)

Isn't Mad Vlad due to sack a manager soon?

Yes and yes again.

Are you Gary Ralston?

Would you have put lots of cash into the bank of Scotland last week?

I'd imagine thousands of businesses up and down the country did so without a moments hesitation. Fears over institutional risk with HBOS as 'reason' for the payment delay is complete nonsense in my opinion.

This thought has crossed my mind a few times mate.

Seriously, how anyone can second guess the clown that owns us, is beyond me !!!

We are, and always will be a joke until the mad one gets to ****.

Guest Fabuloso

I think you have to look at historic evens to make a judgement call like that - in other words Mad Vlad's erratic decisions over the years would make this believable. The very reason you're questioning it (and everyone else who is questioning the owner's motives) is surely enough evidence in itself for the current situation to be regarded as 'worrying'.

We were talking about Mad Vlad's motives years ago and we're still talking about it whether people want to believe it or not. Nothing's changed. Nothing. NOTHING.

Sheriff Fatman

Yes it is, at the same level of possibility as life being created by fish from Mars, and David Ike being elected king of the USA.

Guest Fabuloso
Yes it is, at the same level of possibility as life being created by fish from Mars, and David Ike being elected king of the USA.

SF - how would you explain away all the late payments Hearts have been responsible for in the last two years?

Sheriff Fatman
SF - how would you explain away all the late payments Hearts have been responsible for in the last two years?

I don't need to, as they have absolutely nothing to do with the original point. But if you insist they are what is known as in the trade as common practice. Every single company in the world leaves paying it's debts to the last possible minute. UKIO and UBIG have a longer payment timescale than is common in the UK, nothing more and nothing less. Hearts have never defaulted over a single payment, that would be the time to start to get worried, and even then only slightly so as even that isn't uncommon in the business world.

Guest Fabuloso
I don't need to, as they have absolutely nothing to do with the original point. But if you insist they are what is known as in the trade as common practice. Every single company in the world leaves paying it's debts to the last possible minute. UKIO and UBIG have a longer payment timescale than is common in the UK, nothing more and nothing less. Hearts have never defaulted over a single payment, that would be the time to start to get worried, and even then only slightly so as even that isn't uncommon in the business world.

Fair points - to a degree. If this were the case the owner would be deemed to be naive in the UK business community - especially if openng a bank. I'm sure he's nothing of the sort. Anyhow, I'm sure the players will be comforted by the relaxed payment picture at Tynecastle.........never defaulted on a payment though!

Sheriff Fatman
Fair points - to a degree. If this were the case the owner would be deemed to be naive in the UK business community - especially if openng a bank. I'm sure he's nothing of the sort. Anyhow, I'm sure the players will be comforted by the relaxed payment picture at Tynecastle.........never defaulted on a payment though!

The later than UK usual payments to suppliers and the problem with the wages are two separate issues that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

As I and others have pointed out on numerous occasions, late wage payments happen with monotonous regularity throughout industry and happen in far bigger businesses than UKIO or Hearts. There was nothing sinister in the late payment of wages other than is in the heads of conspiracy theorists and Illuminati fans.

Guest Fabuloso
The later than UK usual payments to suppliers and the problem with the wages are two separate issues that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

As I and others have pointed out on numerous occasions, late wage payments happen with monotonous regularity throughout industry and happen in far bigger businesses than UKIO or Hearts. There was nothing sinister in the late payment of wages other than is in the heads of conspiracy theorists and Illuminati fans.

You may be correct - I wouldn't bet against it. My point is that we are continually second guessing the owner's motives for his actions. You have to ask yourself 'why is this'? Lack of trust would be one reason I guess.

I disagree with you - I think all the topics above are linked by the lack of trust in the owner.

jambos are go!

Its hard to avoid the assumption that there is a game afoot at the moment in the same way we suspected that a White Knight existed in the SOH days. Foulkes drops regular hints and the Romanov camp has admitted they turned down an approach. VR never usually sells below market value and it may well be that there is an attempt to scunner him into bringing the price down. The press coverage over the last week or so may be part of this since I dont believe they have no info or contact about/with any consortium. Suddenly they have more sources in the Baltic/Lithuania and are raising -but hardly fully justifying - sustained doubts about UBIGs financial health. A conspiracy?

Take all of this with a pinch of salt since its purely my analysis and speculation. Whilst I'm first and foremost a Hearts Supporter I've largely supported VR and will eternally be grateful for the Cup and the unsurpassed joy at Tynecastle when we qualified for the Champions League. Whatever happens I want more.

Guest Fabuloso
Its hard to avoid the assumption that there is a game afoot at the moment in the same way we suspected that a White Knight existed in the SOH days. Foulkes drops regular hints and the Romanov camp has admitted they turned down an approach. VR never usually sells below market value and it may well be that there is an attempt to scunner him into bringing the price down. The press coverage over the last week or so may be part of this since I dont believe they have no info or contact about/with any consortium. Suddenly they have more sources in the Baltic/Lithuania and are raising -but hardly fully justifying - sustained doubts about UBIGs financial health. A conspiracy?

Take all of this with a pinch of salt since its purely my analysis and speculation. Whilst I'm first and foremost a Hearts Supporter I've largely supported VR and will eternally be grateful for the Cup and the unsurpassed joy at Tynecastle when we qualified for the Champions League. Whatever happens I want more.

Wow - that's incredible. I'd say that's short term gain for long term misery.

Sheriff Fatman
You may be correct - I wouldn't bet against it. My point is that we are continually second guessing the owner's motives for his actions. You have to ask yourself 'why is this'? Lack of trust would be one reason I guess.

I disagree with you - I think all the topics above are linked by the lack of trust in the owner.

They may be linked in the heads of some of the fans, but in terms of actual causes and reasons why they happened there is no link what-so-ever.

I don't trust Vlad, but that doesn't mean I throw out my common sense and knowledge and experience of how businesses work just to shoe horn minor technical matters into major conspiracy theories.

Guest Fabuloso
They may be linked in the heads of some of the fans, but in terms of actual causes and reasons why they happened there is no link what-so-ever.

I don't trust Vlad, but that doesn't mean I throw out my common sense and knowledge and experience of how businesses work just to shoe horn minor technical matters into major conspiracy theories.

SF - I have first hand experience of this when I didn't get paid because of a 'glitch'. I and hundreds of my colleagues were paid the very next day.

Anyway I agree there appears to be no concrete link. Unfortunately given where the club is right now people will always be second guessing situations like this when they arise. That's the real tragedy (in the words of David Brent).

Sheriff Fatman
SF - I have first hand experience of this when I didn't get paid because of a 'glitch'. I and hundreds of my colleagues were paid the very next day.

Anyway I agree there appears to be no concrete link. Unfortunately given where the club is right now people will always be second guessing situations like this when they arise. That's the real tragedy (in the words of David Brent).

I also have had numerous first hand experiences of this and it never took less than a week to sort out and that was with companies wouldn't have trouble raising the money to buy Manchester United. In your case was the money to cover the wages having to be transfered from one country to another, not something that can happen at the wave of a magic wand in the amounts we are talking about fro the players wages.

As to people second guessing, that is their perogative, but if they are talking arse gravy they can expect to be told so and not act like a spoilt toddler calling those that disagree with them names (I ain't talking about you here, just other people in other threads).

Guest Fabuloso
I also have had numerous first hand experiences of this and it never took less than a week to sort out and that was with companies wouldn't have trouble raising the money to buy Manchester United. In your case was the money to cover the wages having to be transfered from one country to another, not something that can happen at the wave of a magic wand in the amounts we are talking about fro the players wages.

Especially in Luthuania where common practise is to delay payment for as long as possible! That's just their business culture!

Seriously, I take your point.

Archived