Old Tynecastle

Charlie-Brown

what's with this tynecastle stadium sh ite.

it's tynecastle park............always has been ............always will be.

Couldn't agree more. Thanks Chris Robinson, another masterstroke.

Never the 'Roseburn' either. Will still call it The School End when the school moves.

What year was that video taken, roughly, do you reckon? I used to live on Gorgie Road and I am thinking around 1984, but could be wrong. I can't remember exactly when they put the yelow seats in the Old Stand and called it the 'Family Enclosure' but I don't think it was long after then, maybe even the infamous year of 1986?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19840926.html

The first time I ever seen the us play without the old curved stanchions was a League Cup tie v Dundee Utd QF (highlights on TV)

I remember Smith being Poleaxed by big fat DU forward John Clark,and Bowman going in goals. But London Hearts says Bowman was sent off.

I was in the old enclosure that night, love the closeness to the action.

I played fitba' on a Sturday then, so only went midweek.

Stupid how changing stanchions sticks in your mind.

Before the fences and sitting on the touchline wall at half time

Spilling on to the pitch

Cartons of orange juice and fish and chips shaped shaped crisps sold by ushers with trays slung over their shoulders

The wee brass cup on a chain as you came into the school end for a drink of water

The toilets under the school end that were only discovered after a wrong turn and help from a canary

Crawling up the supports at the back of the Shed not to escape the peesh from the corner bog but just to see some of the game

The sound of the hail hitting the shed roof as Dundee United had the cheek to take us to penalties on a school night

Do i miss it ?

Pick a card.

Good shout, I had forgot all about them! salt and vinegar type flavour.

Bring em back I say!!

And while they are at it bring back those little hollow pig shaped crisps, mmmmm bacon.

Archived