Pre-match press conference up now

Commander Harris

who's the dumpling who keeps asking the same questions about the wages?

even when Csaba said it was nothing to do with him he repeats the same question!

Commander Harris
Good comments from Tullberg, seems like a sound bloke!

excellent stuff from Tullberg. :)

hopefully he's a player too!

he wants the suck-sess too and will give 120%. :D

Commander Harris
Transcript for us cheap-skates:D

you expect me to type out 21mins of audio?! :P

in summary, the wages weren't a big issue, everyone was concentrating on the football. Csaba Mentioned he never got paid at Ferencvaros for months so this was nothing to him!

We don't play with 5 midfielders! we do play with 2 upfront, even if 1 is more withdrawn. It didn't sound like this was going to change anytime soon as that seems to be the way he likes it, although it does sound like the personnel would change once he's got the people fit that he wants playing there.

Talked more about the tactics and how they can be adapted during the game etc.

Tullberg pretty much said the same thing on the wage front, sounded very positive and spoke well. He's focused on the Utd game. He also said that in Italy he went 4 months without getting paid so a couple of days was nothing to him!

and as I said above, Tullberg must have got Csaba's script because he said he wanted Suck-sess and that he would give 120% :D

see my edit. :)

:thumb: cheers.

4-4-1-1 with Glen playing off Tullberg, big man little man style? Or Nade off him in a target man with a skillful guy next to him?

Commander Harris
:thumb: cheers.

4-4-1-1 with Glen playing off Tullberg, big man little man style? Or Nade off him in a target man with a skillful guy next to him?

who knows. although it sounds like Tullberg would be first in the "main striker" role if fit with someone else supporting him from behind( oooh errrr).

I would go Glen tbh.

He seems a natural finisher, and if Tullberg is the supplier he says he is I think the two could play really well together.

Ferencvaros finances discussed and Csaba asked if Hearts have similarities to them.

"No they play in green we play in maroon"

He just always manages to say the right things. :toasting:

Another good press conference. Really enjoyed listening to him talk tactics and then just do a Mourinho and end it.

Very impressed with (Csaba style) the Mike Tullberg spoke.

even when Csaba said it was nothing to do with him he repeats the same question!

I think there was a couple of them. It was desperate stuff, they were almost pleading for bad news.

Son Of Anarchy
Ferencvaros finances discussed and Csaba asked if Hearts have similarities to them.

"No they play in green we play in maroon"

Brilliant quote,well done Csaba. He has a real nack for saying the right things.How refreshing it is to hear. Listened to him intently at the Q+A night. Keep it up Csaba.

Not being well informed on journalists in Scotland I would really like if in these conferences they before asking their question identified themselves by name and the media company they represent. It would also be nice if they did not repeat their questions by changing the wording to try and get the answer they want. It does seem to me one individual seems to monopolize the questions. Csaba then looks to his right and an obviously favored reporter asks a football related question and gets a very comprehensive answer.

Despite the amateur questioners Csabas Friday conference is becoming one of the highlights of my week.

Not being well informed on journalists in Scotland I would really like if in these conferences they before asking their question identified themselves by name and the media company they represent. It would also be nice if they did not repeat their questions by changing the wording to try and get the answer they want. It does seem to me one individual seems to monopolize the questions. Csaba then looks to his right and an obviously favored reporter asks a football related question and gets a very comprehensive answer.

Despite the amateur questioners Csabas Friday conference is becoming one of the highlights of my week.

That is the best idea in ages. I remember that normal news conferences used to (maybe still do) insist that they do this. This would be firstly hilarious and secondly stop these ill educated (place your adjective here) from doing this as with the power of youtube etc. then potentially all would see them for what they are worth.

I find myself really looking forward to Csaba's press conferences every week, they're worth the HW subscription alone.

Spoke very well again (as did Mike Tullberg), and was a very good explanation of his tactics. Those moaning about us playing 4-5-1 should watch it.

The only thing that spoils it every week is the idiotic journalists asking the same question 5 or 6 times in different ways in a desperate attempt to get a negative headline out of it. You can almost sense their irritation when they get nothing out of Csaba.

I have just came onto kickback and cant believe everyone is being so nice to the "journalists" who ar3e asking the questions:107years::P:eek:

Bob I've done various sports press calls and too be honest the only time I've seen a reporter identify himself and his publication (because he/she has been asked to) is at Murrayfield after a Scotland match and even then that particular piece of protocol is discarded 10 minutes into it. What you have seen/heard at Riccarton is pretty much par for the course everywhere else - even the Old Firm and in the Premiership.

Brian McGlaughlin is the twit that keeps asking the same question! Csaba must be getting really fed up with it all. All the guy wants to talk about is football. Why can't these stupid journalists get it through their thick sculls! Grrrrrrr.

It wouldn't surprise me if the non payment on wages is quite a common occurance at other clubs aswell. It IS a tad worrying of course, but I think because it was Hearts, that it got blown well out of proportion!

Lynn...who you'll be glad to know is sober the noo!LOL! In seven hours around kick off time though...LOL!:ninja:

Guest jambomickey
Brian McGlaughlin is the twit that keeps asking the same question! Csaba must be getting really fed up with it all. All the guy wants to talk about is football. Why can't these stupid journalists get it through their thick sculls! Grrrrrrr.

It wouldn't surprise me if the non payment on wages is quite a common occurance at other clubs aswell. It IS a tad worrying of course, but I think because it was Hearts, that it got blown well out of proportion!

Lynn...who you'll be glad to know is sober the noo!LOL! In seven hours around kick off time though...LOL!:ninja:

good to see you sober! you getting home for any games anytime soon?

good to see you sober! you getting home for any games anytime soon?

Next July/August is my next scheduled trip home! :ninja:

We don't play with 5 midfielders! we do play with 2 upfront, even if 1 is more withdrawn. It didn't sound like this was going to change anytime soon as that seems to be the way he likes it, although it does sound like the personnel would change once he's got the people fit that he wants playing there.

Talked more about the tactics and how they can be adapted during the game etc.

We are never going to play with two target men up front under Csaba, he made that clear.

It was good to hear him talking about tactics and how the shape of the team changes during the game. This was the best part of the interview.

Seymour M Hersh
We are never going to play with two target men up front under Csaba, he made that clear.

It was good to hear him talking about tactics and how the shape of the team changes during the game. This was the best part of the interview.

That's not how it looked at training yesterday. Tulleburg and Nade were paired together.

Seymour M Hersh
Did Tullberg look any good ?

It's very stop start as you know but he's quick and appears to have a good touch. Also scored a goal against Kello with his head and his technique was excellent. Just training though. Kello's brilliant though even in training he hates losing a goal. I'm liking him more every time I see the guy.

It's very stop start as you know but he's quick and appears to have a good touch. Also scored a goal against Kello with his head and his technique was excellent. Just training though. Kello's brilliant though even in training he hates losing a goal. I'm liking him more every time I see the guy.

Cheers.

I'll be surprised if Tullberg plays considering his lack of match practise.

Cheers.

I wouldn't expect him to play either, training is where the manager can try things out & different combinations etc.

Eggert Jonnson was playing right back in training for several weeks to get used to the role before Csaba decided he'd seen enough to try him out there in the Airdrie cup game, meanwhile Jason Thomson continued to be selected on matchdays.

Seymour M Hersh
Cheers.

He may get 15 minutes toward the end but maybe CL has total confidence in him and is happy to play him from the start.

He may get 15 minutes toward the end but maybe CL has total confidence in him and is happy to play him from the start.

I think a sub appearence is the most likely scenario.

Playing Tullberg from the start would be a huge risk as it must be 4 or 5 (at least) since he's started a competitive match.

Seymour M Hersh
I think a sub appearence is the most likely scenario.

Playing Tullberg from the start would be a huge risk as it must be 4 or 5 (at least) since he's started a competitive match.

I think he'll be on the bench as well fwiw.

One interesting moment yesterday was when CL appeared to let Eggert pick the team for one of the exercises. I did not hear what the manager said in the huddle but suddenly the 1st team were taking off their bibs and throwing them at EJ. He then handed them out to players (I may be wrong but it looked like a playground team picking moment). He left out Larry, Miko,Lee Wallace and Karapidis adding Rapnik, Aguir, McGowan and for the life of me I cant remember the 4th. Played himself in midfield as well!

I think he'll be on the bench as well fwiw.

One interesting moment yesterday was when CL appeared to let Eggert pick the team for one of the exercises. I did not hear what the manager said in the huddle but suddenly the 1st team were taking off their bibs and throwing them at EJ. He then handed them out to players (I may be wrong but it looked like a playground team picking moment). He left out Larry, Miko,Lee Wallace and Karapidis adding Rapnik, Aguir, McGowan and for the life of me I cant remember the 4th. Played himself in midfield as well!

EJ has a bright future as a Manager.

The Chinchilla

Good call. To be fair most of them would probably struggle with those simple instructions or remembering their own names.

Anyway, another vintage press conference. Love the way Csaba says 'mit' instead of 'with'. Also can't wait to see big Mike Tullberg in action. He looks about ten though. Must be Danish water or something! His English is absolutely superb though. Answers better than 95% of British footballers would.

Brilliant the way Csaba finishes the press conference. Says 'shush' and then 'finish'. Legend!

That's not how it looked at training yesterday. Tulleburg and Nade were paired together.

I'm not sure that Nade is really a classic target man though, yes he can hold up the ball but can't say that I've seen him head too many balls.

That reporter just won't leave it alone - how does he expect the players or the manager to answer if it will happen again (the money) he (reporter) seems to be exactly the same at every press conference as well...

This still doesn't sit right with me.

I would much rather prefer he told us we were trying to play with one up front due to the players he wants to play up front not being available. Stinks of a cop out.

I have not seen our team play 4-4-2 all season.

Archived