Has anyone ever created their own.....

McJambo

Website?

I'm looking to create one for my business but as my web page would not be my main source of income(more an information page), I'm obviously looking to keep the costs down.

I have experience of using Frontpage and have made websites before however a lot of people seem dead set against Frontpage for some reason?

I tried Dreamweaver but to be honest it confused me with CSS sheets, PERL, etc etc.............

So I'm not sure where to go to start designing, frontpage, dreamweaver, or one of the many internet sites offering a free site builder online.

Any help would appreciated

The Wicker Man

Dreamweaver is far the best or Macromedia HomeSite.

If you stick to html for the design it's fairly simple.

What you need to decide is layout, colour scemes etc - you could do a google on 'website templates' to see if there is any to give you any ideas.

If its for business then I would look at a decent ad free hosting company - usually about ?5 upwards a month.

FrontPage is pretty gash - you can create something decent with a PhotoShop & Dreamweaver combo. If it is for business though and you don't have great skills, you would be better off investing in a professional job.

I've made a couple of sites including an online store and it takes time and work to get it working right and looking good. Nothing worse than a half-baked semi-professional website IMO.

Archived