Joe Kinnear

Ryan Gosling

In May 2003, the club was sold to a consortium led by John Gurney, and Kinnear and his assistant Mick Harford were then sacked in mysterious circumstances (believed to have been for having a sexual relationship with a polar bear), which involved an employee of Northampton Town being the person who signed the letters which dismissed both Kinnear and Harford.

Nottingham Forest

Kinnear was out of work until Nottingham Forest offered him the manager's job in February 2004. Kinnear kept the club up, but a poor start to the 2004?05 season meant he was sacked in December 2004. But everybody loved his playboy lifestyle.

[edit] Newcastle United

Kinnear has recently been announced new interim manager of Newcastle United Football Club, according to Sky Sports News.

but he is not permanent is he???

He is, but his position at Newcastle is not.

His Wiki page. :laugh:

portobellojambo1
New Newcastle boss - for now.

:eek:

Seems like a very strange appointment, but when you consider that the only two others who appear to have shown any interest, even if only temporary interest, were Terry Venables and David O'Leary it suggests there are not many interested bodies out there at this time.

Chad Sexington

This'll go down like Michael Jackson turning up at your house to babysit with the Geordies. :eek:

Anyone got any links to a good Newcastle forum? I'd look myself but I'm a lazy, lazy man.

Names in the frame .... Venables, Curbishley and now Kinnear.

Which bit of the phrase "Cockney Mafia out!" did they not understand ?

:P

GC

Names in the frame .... Venables, Curbishley and now Kinnear.

Which bit of the phrase "Cockney Mafia out!" did they not understand ?

:P

GC

Would have been better if it was Venebles - he looks like he is straight out of a Danny Dyer film.

Good old El Tel!

Dennis Wise's old boss at Wimbledon.

I'm sure the fans will take to Joe with no problems at all.

:eek:

Wise had already left to go to Chelsea (1990) before Kinnear arrived (1992).

I thought the same as you, until put straight by a mate of mine.

portobellojambo1
This'll go down like Michael Jackson turning up at your house to babysit with the Geordies. :eek:

Anyone got any links to a good Newcastle forum? I'd look myself but I'm a lazy, lazy man.

There you go -

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=21232.0

It doesn't see to be a universally popular appointment. :)

Wise had already left to go to Chelsea (1990) before Kinnear arrived (1992).

I thought the same as you, until put straight by a mate of mine.

I should have Googled it.

:)

I should have Googled it.

:)

ditto.

A quick check in wikipedia proved my mate correct.

As an aside, a Geordie lass at my work, currently on suicide watch, told me that Bobby Gould put his hat in the ring for this job.

Bizarre.

ditto.

A quick check in wikipedia proved my mate correct.

As an aside, a Geordie lass at my work, currently on suicide watch, told me that Bobby Gould put his hat in the ring for this job.

Bizarre.

Is Graham Rix not looking for a job?

taken from the NUFC Forum -

"didnt he have a heart attack or sumthin a while back?? when he see's are perfomance on sat he might have another one "

the geordies clearly are NOT confident!

taken from the NUFC Forum -

"didnt he have a heart attack or sumthin a while back?? when he see's are perfomance on sat he might have another one "

the geordies clearly are NOT confident!

... or literate

What I cant work out is why they all seem so keen on a consortium of Nigerians taking over.

Their main gripe with Ashley seemed to be that he wasnt a Geordie and didnt understand the Geordie love for their club.

Why on earth do they think that a bunch of Nigerians who, lets face it, hardly have a worldwide reputation as the most trustworthy nationality on earth, are going to be better for them than Ashley.

Answer - simply because they say they will bring back a mediocre manager who has won nothing and who will quit once again at the merest hint that he wont get his own way.

Makes Hearts look like ICI

GC

There are actually a couple of positives for Newcastle fans in the appointment of JFK (Joe F****n Kinnear):

1. he's only there until the club is sold next month

2. he's not David O'Bleary

Kinnear told 5 Live that Ashley's sale talks should be concluded during October and that the potential new owners have "Shearer and Keegan parked round the corner".

Serious or not, it at least shows Kinnear is under no illusions about a permanent appointment.

scott herbertson

Kinnear told 5 Live that Ashley's sale talks should be concluded during October and that the potential new owners have "Shearer and Keegan parked round the corner".

QUOTE]

I thought he said that David Pleat was parked on the kerb ouside?

Must have misheard

May have been better with Roy Kinnear.

Surrounded at work by disbelieving Geordies. I have taken great delight in reminding them of the endless ridicule I have been subjected to about my club in the last few years. Even then there gas was put at a peep when I asked them if they had seen their "big club" even score a goal in the FA Cup final never mind win it!! Oh and I also reminding them that the Inter Toto which they did win isn't actually a cup!!

May have been better with Roy Kinnear.

Surrounded at work by disbelieving Geordies. I have taken great delight in reminding them of the endless ridicule I have been subjected to about my club in the last few years. Even then there gas was put at a peep when I asked them if they had seen their "big club" even score a goal in the FA Cup final never mind win it!! Oh and I also reminding them that the Inter Toto which they did win isn't actually a cup!!

To be fair they have won the FA Cup more recently than H*bs have won the Scottish Cup.

It's a shame how badly it's fell apart for them this season.

I thought they looked good for Europe at the start of the season.

Archived