Euro Millions

Disser Pointon

No chance and he'd want a hell of a lot more than that plus you'd have to find even more money to keep the club running!

Sorry to pi$$ on your parade!

Edit- second thoughts maybe i'm over valueing the club but still no!

Seymour M Hersh
No chance and he'd want a hell of a lot more than that plus you'd have to find even more money to keep the club running!

Sorry to pi$$ on your parade!

He'd want a hell of a lot more that ?100m for HMFC? Get real for heavens sake.

no 100m is not enough to buy and run a football club.

you're not going to make any money by buying a club and you have to make sure you have enough for it not to ruin you.

use the 100m to make 1bn over the next 5-10 years and then buy the club

you need some serious sea room to own a club these days as Newcastle United are finding out

Forever Maroon
If you won the 100 million to yourself, would you try to buy Romanov out?

who say's he'd sell ?

i'd only want the ground from him - i'd give him up to but no more than ?50M for it......That would include me renewing the main stand.:cool:

no 100m is not enough to buy and run a football club.

you're not going to make any money by buying a club and you have to make sure you have enough for it not to ruin you.

use the 100m to make 1bn over the next 5-10 years and then buy the club

you need some serious sea room to own a club these days as Newcastle United are finding out

Pretty much my thinking on the subject well said sir.

I am however more than a little concerned with your avatar and signature to the point of asking you not to take my comments to heart and start stalking me:)

Wouldn't waste it.

Just think how quickly you could lose ?100,000,000 on a football club you loved.

I'm probably quite unusual. If for arguments sake I had enough.

I would like to buy Vlad out and clear the debt. Give Hearts a clean slate, however, I would have no interest in running the club.

Various reasons for that, however, I know to run Hearts as a business it would mean being very unpopular. I wouldn't really want and I don't have enough money to be an Abromovich figure.

Not quite sure but I guess it could be set-up as a trust or something. Though I guess the danger that some fool would repeat the mistakes of the past.

Roughly my thinking.

I'd want to move to a continental style situation where the club is owned by the members who elect a board. Essentially your season ticket would include your membership or you could buy membership on it's own for a couple of hundred quid and get discounts when you pay as you go.

Barcelona are the highest profile example of this approach but it can work at smaller clubs as well.

Hagar the Horrible

I am going to buy Hibs and totally asset strip them and build a superbrothel at ER

Tick Tock now youpegsellers :cool:

you must be joking for a business with its best ever turnover of 10 million more likely 6-7m this year in a economy heading into recession and its only asset i.e the stadium becoming worth less each day as the property boom dissipates a playing staff who are virtually worthless running at a loss playing to dwindling crowds

nobody can say what vlad would do but i bet you could by hearts for a hell of a lot less than 100 million

btw the market capitalisation(value of all there shares ) today for celtic is 42 million pound

I am going to buy Hibs and totally asset strip them and build a superbrothel at ER

Brilliant - I would do that aswell, smash fester road down and build a car park on it where only maroon cars could park. i'd also erect a big statue of john robertson in the middle of the car park and call it Robbo's Car Park. The tickets from the parking meter would be maroon as would the parking attendants uniform. All the car park attendants would be called either john or zibbi.

oh and aye i would buy Hearts and run them but would run it as a break even business, so no fancy players, just honest scottish/british players and the odd rousset.

If I won I'd take a trip to Vegas, stick the ?100 million on 'Red', then (assuming I won) I'd offer Vlad ?125 million for Hearts.

I'd then spend ?50 million on the new stand, ?15 million on new players, ?9 million on increased wages...leaving me ?1 million for a big fat maroon ferrari and the number plate 'Jambo 1'.

He may want a LOT More, but Hearts certainly are not worth anywhere NEAR ?100 million....Were the hell do you get that figure??? :rolleyes:

See the bit in bold!!

lol thats the best post ive read for ages .i will do that to if i win.:)

He may want a LOT More, but Hearts certainly are not worth anywhere NEAR ?100 million....Were the hell do you get that figure??? :rolleyes:

See the bit in bold!!

If you look at his post again to see the correct perspective, he was replying to my muppet of a brother who engaged his keyboard before his brain :)

I'm probably quite unusual. If for arguments sake I had enough.

I would like to buy Vlad out and clear the debt. Give Hearts a clean slate, however, I would have no interest in running the club.

Various reasons for that, however, I know to run Hearts as a business it would mean being very unpopular. I wouldn't really want and I don't have enough money to be an Abromovich figure.

Not quite sure but I guess it could be set-up as a trust or something. Though I guess the danger that some fool would repeat the mistakes of the past.

I'd do the same, only I think I'd give the running of the club a bash. Run correctly, we should still be looking at a top 4 finish each year - our turnover each year is much larger than any other club outwith the Old Firm, allowing us in theory to have a much better squad.

Of course, football isn't always that logical and things can go wrong against the odds, but I think its viable that the club could build towards being successful without spending big on players, if the debt was cleared.

Seymour M Hersh
you must be joking for a business with its best ever turnover of 10 million more likely 6-7m this year in a economy heading into recession and its only asset i.e the stadium becoming worth less each day as the property boom dissipates a playing staff who are virtually worthless running at a loss playing to dwindling crowds

nobody can say what vlad would do but i bet you could by hearts for a hell of a lot less than 100 million

btw the market capitalisation(value of all there shares ) today for celtic is 42 million pound

That's what I said. Nowhere near ?100m. I was repeating an earlier post.

Archived