I want a big one

200milesfromgorgie

200milesfromgorgie

...the cheaper the better.

T.V that is. Need TV dvd and vcr for work ASAP. so hoping to order today. For training purposes so needs to be 26" + so people can sit round and see it.

anybody know a good place to get one?

...the cheaper the better.

T.V that is. Need TV dvd and vcr for work ASAP. so hoping to order today. For training purposes so needs to be 26" + so people can sit round and see it.

anybody know a good place to get one?

I got a 9 incher and can get three lasses round it at the one time for an intimate 'training session' without any difficulty. Afterwards, it folds away very discreetly.

Here's a suggestion.

Don't burden yourself with a big Effoff television; get yourself an XGA projector.

133987.jpg

Don't know current prices but you must be able to get a decent on (1200 ansi lumens* or more - Hitachi are a decent range) for well under a grand.

The beauty is that you can plug anything into them: DVD, VCR, PC/laptop, Wii, TV and get an image almost any size from TV screen size up to massive, wall-filling stuff.

They're portable and so you can take your training with you and if the unit's not in use for work, you can get one big life-size tennis match on with the Wii! (Not that I'd advocate such mis-use of company property!)

As technology moves on (VHS to DVD to BluRay?) you can keep the projector.

* 'ansi lumen' is the industry measure for how bright these things shine. They probably go up to 5000 now - useful if you're doing a presentation in the Gorgie End to an otherwise packed Tynie on a particularly sunny day. 1100 was fine for me in a 70-seater 6th floor training room that had no buildings overlooking and windows to the north, west & south.

200milesfromgorgie

but if i buy a big telly (that lets face it is only gonna get used once and then forgotten about) then it may need a home afterwards!

see my thinking?

200milesfromgorgie

woohoo ?1000 to spend Including a stand) on the set up and just rememberd i got a friend at empire direct! get this under budget through mates rates and i might just see the savings translated into by bonus! but highly unlikely!

but if i buy a big telly (that lets face it is only gonna get used once and then forgotten about) then it may need a home afterwards!

see my thinking?

I do indeed.

If home doesn't have a big effoff telly, then go ahead. The XGA, though, could attract the women when it comes to the live dance off final of that BBC show that women all love and they want to see it in 8 foot high images and would do anything, anything, to know the guy who can help them.

See my thinking?

Big telly and hole.

Archived