Guardian Article on Hearts

bistokid

Wolsley who own Buildcenter etc decided that the company i work for would be paid by a 90 day account even though we only ever offered them a 30 day, their excuse being that we are not a big account to them. B & Q take 113 days to pay their suppliers and if their suppliers don't like it they threaten to drop their lines from stock.

What UBIG is doing, is exactly what every British Bank does - delay paying to the last minute. Nothing untoward in this practice. If anything, good financial housekeeping.

Or ten days after ther last minute as the case may be!

What a change to read a well balanced positive article written about Hearts.

Maybe things are not so bad as the Scottish press would try to have us all believe.

If the financial results for the last year are positive it's going to be interesting to see how the Record, Sun and Express are going to bury that "bad" news. Chick Young will have cerebral aneurysm.

portobellojambo1
Chick Young will have cerebral aneurysm.

Does the very nature of that not suggest that the sufferer actually has to have a brain in the first place.

His selection of songs on the Tynie Arms jukebox is rank though!

see I knew he played for the darts team .. however he is travelling through on a quality supporters bus tomorrow.

hope he doesnt write about us though.

Does the very nature of that not suggest that the sufferer actually has to have a brain in the first place.

He has to have something there in order to make that big gob of his go. I would think it would be a very small one though - probably the size of a pea.

Another great article by the Guardian, can't understand why anyone would want to read tabloids when there is quality sports journalism available from the proper press online. (The Guardian footy podcast is also pretty good)

Another great article by the Guardian, can't understand why anyone would want to read tabloids when there is quality sports journalism available from the proper press online. (The Guardian footy podcast is also pretty good)

Great article,unfortunately the gutter west coast bias hacks are not easily put down! hope the credit crunch hits these boys hard soon!

Ah, proper journalism. What a breath of fresh air.

The bit about UBIG working on a 90 day payment period rather than a 30 day period, as is common practice in the UK, is particularly interesting. It would explain a lot of what's been heard before re non payment of bills here and there.

I presume there would be a reason why they do this. Perhaps someone with more expertise on the matter than me could explain.

I did a bit of business with Harper Collins in the early nineties. I submitted my bill on the basis of settlement within 30 days. When the period lapsed I contacted Harper Collins only to be told that Mr Murdoch (News International Holding Company) had instructed that all invoices were to be subject to 90 days settlement. It was at the time of Murdoch's takeover of B Sky B and he needed every available penny to secure the deal.

One of the many reasons why I would not p**s on the b*****d if he was on fire.

I'm, confused, if Ukio transfer funds to Hearts main bank Halifax, does that mean our main account is with Ukio and not Halifax? or do Ukio pay the wages? And if so, where does the money from player sales etc go? Why don't hearts have their own financial structure?

James Lawton of the Independent is pretty good too. As is Gabriele Marcotti of the Times and Brian Glanville of World Soccer.

If rugby's your thing then Stephen Jones of the Sunday Times is worth a read. Cricket has an excellent freelancer called Gideon Haig.

Archived