Tonights Shareholders Meeting

Robbos Right Peg

Robbos Right Peg

OK I'll start it off...................

John Murray for once was not 'caught in traffic' and made the meeting. Andy Driver and Chesney both overcame injury and turned to as well.

I left after the break as it was as dull as ditch water with JM confirming he didn't think Copil would make it despite being a 'great talent'. Surprisingly the new manager was a 'breath of fresh air' (where have we heard that before ?). Dont ask me about Andy's response as to why we got beaten by Airdrie or Chesneys tie both were shocking :mad:

Oh the meal wasn't too bad compared to the last time

OK I'll start it off...................

John Murray for once was not 'caught in traffic' and made the meeting. Andy Driver and Chesney both overcame injury and turned to as well.

I left after the break as it was as dull as ditch water with JM confirming he didn't think Copil would make it despite being a 'great talent'. Surprisingly the new manager was a 'breath of fresh air' (where have we heard that before ?). Dont ask me about Andy's response as to why we got beaten by Airdrie or Chesneys tie both were shocking :mad:

Oh the meal wasn't too bad compared to the last time

What did Andy say?

(With an intro like that, I had to ask.)

Robbos Right Peg

OK REDM what part of don't ask me about did you not understand ???? But cos I like you here goes................

That he was injured (shock)

Really it had been given a big build up on the previous question as to how the manager had the idea how the team should play and they just had to 'believe' . A guy asked did they then believe they would beat Airdrie and that was his quote. And then then it was 'next question please' Not blaming AD in any way but it was just cringe worthy when on the night in question it was obvious that Kenny Black had done his homework on how Hearts play and our management team had no idea how to compete at home against Airdrie fekin United apart from 'stick to the system'

Rant over but I will repeat the meal wasn't too bad although if I was 'Gordon Ramseys Right Peg' the pork was overdone

Robbos Right Peg
i asked john murray on the quiet who were the 4 / 5 players he said should not be at the club but he smiled & refused to name names.

There should be no forward slash between the 4 and 5 roberto :o

Robbos Right Peg

In fairness before I lay my head to rest the next meeting sounds like a cracker as it's a Cup Final ''98 reunion theme. If you are a shareholder book asap or if you are not a shareholder make one your friend and get him to invite you.

Talking of 'booking' I know for a fact that there is a great book in the raffle at the next meeting.

Bit worrying that a coach would go on public record saying that he didn't think a young player would "make it"...

Yeah, seems a bit off.

i asked john murray on the quiet who were the 4 / 5 players he said should not be at the club but he smiled & refused to name names.

Basso, Beslija and Makela for a start.

If your looking at value for money (ie wages vs performances) then Kingston and Nade would be the other two.

Robbos Right Peg
Bit worrying that a coach would go on public record saying that he didn't think a young player would "make it"...

Isn't it ?

But I will qualify that by saying that he said that Coplil had to conform to the 'Scottish way of life' before he would 'make it' JM did allude to the fact that the lad was talented and a 'bit homesick'.

Murray to me seems to have a 'Dickensian' attitude and wants to drive out talent before 'work ethic' and there was a discussion about that tonight. Maybe Sheffield Utd would have hammered Arsenal the other night if he had been the youth coach at Bramall Lane but some how I doubt it

If you look at all the top players now they have a work ethic to go with their talent -- nothing wrong with making them work hard -- indeed we should not have to 'make' them -- they should be doing it without needing to be asked.

There is not a top player today who has not trained hard and sacrificed an element of his social life to make it -- the rewards are such that they should sacrifice to make it to the top.

Of course good coaching and facilities are a part of that but natural talent will get you only so far -- if you are not fit or cannot be bothered to try you will not make it.

OK REDM what part of don't ask me about did you not understand ???? But cos I like you here goes................

That he was injured (shock)

Really it had been given a big build up on the previous question as to how the manager had the idea how the team should play and they just had to 'believe' . A guy asked did they then believe they would beat Airdrie and that was his quote. And then then it was 'next question please' Not blaming AD in any way but it was just cringe worthy when on the night in question it was obvious that Kenny Black had done his homework on how Hearts play and our management team had no idea how to compete at home against Airdrie fekin United apart from 'stick to the system'

Rant over but I will repeat the meal wasn't too bad although if I was 'Gordon Ramseys Right Peg' the pork was overdone

:laugh:

Thanks RRP. You have to give Driver his due, he does tend to turn up at lots of these things so his heart is in the right place. Can't be easy being grilled by anxious Jambos all the time.

The next one sounds like a good night though, must see if anyone fancies selling me a few shares. :)

Robbos Right Peg
:laugh:

Thanks RRP. You have to give Driver his due, he does tend to turn up at lots of these things so his heart is in the right place. Can't be easy being grilled by anxious Jambos all the time.

The next one sounds like a good night though, must see if anyone fancies selling me a few shares. :)

I honestly felt sorry for Andy tonight cos it sounded to me that his individual

talent is secondary to 'the system' and 'hard work'. Imagine if his hero Giggsy had been subjected to that ? Or even before that George Best ? Breaks my heart to see talent ruined at Hearts.

One of the most revealing/saddening things that I heard tonight was that David Gray was offered back from Man U but we turned them down.

I honestly felt sorry for Andy tonight cos it sounded to me that his individual

talent is secondary to 'the system' and 'hard work'. Imagine if his hero Giggsy had been subjected to that ? Or even before that George Best ? Breaks my heart to see talent ruined at Hearts.

One of the most revealing/saddening things that I heard tonight was that David Gray was offered back from Man U but we turned them down.

Did they say why we turned Man Utd down ?

As i still have money in SoH and have been promised shares, can use this "promisory note" as evidence of future holdings and come along in November? :P

When JM said that there were 4/5 players who shouldn't be at the club, he commented that they wouldn't progress their careers any further at Tynecastle. He had been talking about young players prior to that. In this context, I think that he was referring to 20/1 year olds who got new contracts early in the Romanov era but haven't broken into the first team.

I'd therefore guess at Mackle, Sives, Jason Thomson and the 2 Armstrongs. That's just my interpretation, though. My friends both thought that the 4/5 would include Besliga and Makela.

Isn't it ?

But I will qualify that by saying that he said that Coplil had to conform to the 'Scottish way of life' before he would 'make it' JM did allude to the fact that the lad was talented and a 'bit homesick'.

Murray to me seems to have a 'Dickensian' attitude and wants to drive out talent before 'work ethic' and there was a discussion about that tonight. Maybe Sheffield Utd would have hammered Arsenal the other night if he had been the youth coach at Bramall Lane but some how I doubt it

He looks like he's done this ok last time I saw him. A huge diamonique earing in both ears and a dodgy mullet flair-do.

Hearts Youth - keeping Charlie Miller and Argos in business since 2003.

When JM said that there were 4/5 players who shouldn't be at the club, he commented that they wouldn't progress their careers any further at Tynecastle. He had been talking about young players prior to that. In this context, I think that he was referring to 20/1 year olds who got new contracts early in the Romanov era but haven't broken into the first team.

I'd therefore guess at Mackle, Sives, Jason Thomson and the 2 Armstrongs. That's just my interpretation, though. My friends both thought that the 4/5 would include Besliga and Makela.

I think you're right there.

Did anyone notice if any of the Hearts employees had sufficient cash to buy a round?

i went to the bar to change the raffle money in ?1 coins into notes but i was told to come back next month :P:p

I thought he said 5 of the players in the St Johnstone reserve match were playing out their contracts, with nowhere to go. Not sure that applies to young lads?

You could add in Branny,Wagner and Park.Looks like there is a lot more than 5.

You could add in Branny,Wagner and Park.Looks like there is a lot more than 5.

Wagner's still only 17 & has been playing every week in the U19's are you sure don't mean someone else?

Wagner's still only 17 & has been playing every week in the U19's are you sure don't mean someone else?

The boy we signed from hibs.Watched him a few times.He has not impressed me once.

drylaw i believe the reason for the deal falling through hearts wanted an option to buy him,man u wouldnt agree to it.

Jeesus is that not cheek from ManU? Steal a player from us then realise that he might not settle in a ******hole like Manchester so ask us to develop him at the expense of one of our own youth players, so that they can sell him for a couple of million after a one year loan to a Premiership team. **** that!

Edit: that sweary filter is good! I mis-spelt both swear words intentionally!

drylaw i believe the reason for the deal falling through hearts wanted an option to buy him,man u wouldnt agree to it.

Cheers !

Did they say why we turned Man Utd down ?

Nope, but he did indicate he hoped it would happen in the future. The lad is out of contract end of this season.

Nope, but he did indicate he hoped it would happen in the future. The lad is out of contract end of this season.

That sounds promising.

Archived