Colin Cameron.

Munch

Out injured till next year, he is 35 now, must be getting close to the end of his career.

He is up there as one of the best midfield players to wear the jersey, that penalty in the first minute of THE CUP FINAL was his first kick of the ball in that match the bottle it must have took to smash that ball in the net is unthinkable.

A fantastic player, whom i named my son after, id love to see him back at Tynecastle in some form of coaching capacity, a true Legend.

festerlehearts
Out injured till next year, he is 35 now, must be getting close to the end of his career.

He is up there as one of the best midfield players to wear the jersey, that penalty in the first minute of THE CUP FINAL was his first kick of the ball in that match the bottle it must have took to smash that ball in the net is unthinkable.

A fantastic player, whom i named my son after, id love to see him back at Tynecastle in some form of coaching capacity, a true Legend.

o mickey cameron wish all the best, would love to see him at hearts now when he was at his best ,fantastic midfielder scored some great goals aswell, o that penalty give me some more a true legend

Don't think he ever got back after the dissapointment of Buffalo Bill blanking him in Veags............You have to read the book!!:rolleyes:

His 48 goals in 157 appearances is hugely impressive stat when you consider he wasn't even a striker.

Did he ever get capped for Scotland ? i cant recall him playing for Scotland ?

does anybody remember when Jeffries was in trouble and on a shoogly peg and mickey cameron came back from injury away at dundee utd. Mickey scored one goal running through on the keeper and burying it round him, remember going mental behind the goals as everybody was so happy he was back and a class act again?? great memory and one of my favourite ever Hearts goals. anyone got footage of it?

does anybody remember when Jeffries was in trouble and on a shoogly peg and mickey cameron came back from injury away at dundee utd. Mickey scored one goal running through on the keeper and burying it round him, remember going mental behind the goals as everybody was so happy he was back and a class act again?? great memory and one of my favourite ever Hearts goals. anyone got footage of it?

Remember that well. People talk about players grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck, but in that match, Cameron grabbed the game, the team, and indeed the sizeable support which had travelled and shook some life into everyone. Relegation had seemed a distinct possibility in the weeks prior to that game but he was the catalyst which changed the club.

That was the first game we'd won in four months too.

That was the first game we'd won in four months too.

Darren Jackson had a say in that game as well IIRC. Think it was Mickeys first game of the season and Jacko's debut.

Darren Jackson had a say in that game as well IIRC. Think it was Mickeys first game of the season and Jacko's debut.

Signing Jackson and Mickey coming back from injury were the reasons we didn't get relegated.

Signing Jackson and Mickey coming back from injury were the reasons we didn't get relegated.

Agreed. I remember the Mo Berthe game at Dens Park around March/April time - thought that we were gonners after that. However Mickey and Jacko turned it round for us.

I remember being at Starks with a mate for a Raith Rovers game before Cameron signed for us. Cameron's mum was going daft at everyone around her in the stand - "it's not Mickey, it's colin."

THEEEEEEEEEE best bar none.

hes probably my favourite player to wear the jersey, the thing i will always remember was his sending off against celtic when he squared up to miallby(sp) even though it looked like miallby had eaten a mikey cameron sized meal

Jam Tarts 1874

It would be a great pity of Cameron was not able to play a full season at the end of his career. Best midfielder I've seen in a Hearts jersey.

A player who I think we should be getting to Tynecastle for the half time salute.

He's never had the recognition that he has deserved for his time at Hearts.

One of my all time favourite players.

tell me you called him Cameron and not Colin! Nobody wants to be called Colin...!

Agree with your sentiments, pint sized legend.

Jambos Till I Die

It would be a great pity of Cameron was not able to play a full season at the end of his career. Best midfielder I've seen in a Hearts jersey

Get him on at half time and give him a salute him and pressley back as coaches

Mon The Jambos

Great player, in my top 5 all time favourite jambos. Remember the tannadice game well. Went a goal down then Mcswegan scored a raker from 30 yards with Mickey running the show.

tell me you called him Cameron and not Colin! Nobody wants to be called Colin...!

Agree with your sentiments, pint sized legend.

Yip spot on mate Cameron but he gets called Cam or Cammy.I actually spoke to CC must have been around 2000 je was siting next to me in the old stand, he had been out injured for a few games, i told him i named my laddie after him, he just laughed.

Archived