Laszlo hails Hearts' fit-again Dane Tullberg

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Laszlo-hails-Hearts39-fitagain-Dane.4526903.jp

Published Date: 25 September 2008

By BARRY ANDERSON

HEARTS manager Csaba Laszlo expects the return of Mike Tullberg to provide the attacking edge he admits his side has so far lacked this season.

The Danish striker resumed full training at Riccarton earlier this week and is expected to be named as substitute on Saturday when Hearts travel to play Dundee United.

Laszlo conceded that goalscoring remains an issue that needs to be addressed, but defended his policy of playing with only one recognised forward. The Hungarian believes Tullberg, on loan from the Italian club Reggina, can add a new dimension to Hearts' forward line when fully match sharp.

"If you score one more than your opponents it's enough, but it's true that the situation with goalscoring has always been a big problem," he said. "With Mike Tullberg coming back, we have more possibilities for scoring.

"We are also dangerous from midfield with Michael Stewart, Larry Kingston and Miko. Football is team work and it's not always the striker who must score. The team scores the goals but the strikers must use their chances more."

Laszlo will remain contented provided Hearts simply manage to better the goals tally of their opponents in any given fixture. "We have scored in every game but all you have to do is score one more than your opponents," he continued.

"Defence is also important. We have scored against every team except Rangers but you must also think about defence."

Fair enough, but I'm not keen on relying so much on one player as our saviour, especially if he's to be a lone striker.. There's also the fact that he will be more closely targeted by the opposition.

Fair enough, but I'm not keen on relying so much on one player as our saviour, especially if he's to be a lone striker.. There's also the fact that he will be more closely targeted by the opposition.

I agree, and if he gets injured again, then we are back where we are.

We need two or three, possibly four strikers who can score goals, at the moment we may have one. This has been the case since the pre Burley days, where our midfielders score most of our goals.

I agree, and if he gets injured again, then we are back where we are.

We need two or three, possibly four strikers who can score goals, at the moment we may have one. This has been the case since the pre Burley days, where our midfielders score most of our goals.

Its because any striker who can score more than 15 a season is immediately sold to the Old Firm / English Championship.

I'm excited -BIG TIME

But as fans we do tend to build up someone just becasue they are new or foreign

Ah yes, but this one is new...AND foreign...AND a striker.

We're allowed to be excited about that. ;)

Ah yes, but this one is new...AND foreign...AND a striker.

We're allowed to be excited about that. ;)

He's a big lad eh? nimble too?

We have so much creativity in the team we need a natural striker - instinctive

Santa - all I want for xmas.............

I must have missed the goals against Rangers and Airdrie or am I just reading his quote wrong?

...was thinking the same thing :rolleyes:

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Why wasn't the striking options addressed before the transfer window

closed ? Is it because we are skint or our targets sign for other clubs .

This must surely be our priority come January .

I must have missed the goals against Rangers and Airdrie or am I just reading his quote wrong?

It says it in the last line of the report which is missed out ont the 'cut & paste' by 'Dr B'

Its because any striker who can score more than 15 a season is immediately sold to the Old Firm / English Championship.

When have we sold a striker to the OF?

we never sold velicka to rangers viking did

Yeah....I know.

But it was rather clear it was a total set up (from their point of view, not ours)

Guest jambomickey
Yeah....I know.

But it was rather clear it was a total set up (from their point of view, not ours)

agree with you there! think his agent had agreed with rangers and viking that he would go there

When have we sold a striker to the OF?

Willie Wallace to Celtic in a deal as corrupt as any of today's Old Firm media assisted manipulations.

portobellojambo1
Laszlo hails Hearts' fit-again Dane Tullberg
I am not a great believer in hailing people prior to the event (unless of course he is merely hailing the fact that he is now fit to play), the tendency is often to be let down if you do.

Will wait and see what he offers before commenting one way or the other. I think Laszlo said, when he first arrived, he is not an out and out goalscorer, so in terms of being the solution to scoring, or creating, goals only time will tell (where I do agree with him (Laszlo) is in the simple fact he states, score one more goal than the opposition and everybody will be happy).

I have a feeling we might be expecting too much from this guy. There is nothing to suggest, based on his record at previous clubs, that he will be a regular scorer. He doesn't claim to be a goalscorer either - he says he is a 'fighter' who will maybe win a few headers and ruffle defenders' feathers.

Then again, Mark de Vries was similar and look what he did in his first game at Tynecastle!

We'll have to wait and see...

I'm excited -BIG TIME

But as fans we do tend to build up someone just becasue they are new or foreign

unless the 'Vlad signed him' rumour is put about and he is then made out to be hopeless, like Kello.

Archived