Boyd goal

Jamie_the_Jambo

Jamie_the_Jambo

Just watched the highlights and that is a cracking strike by Boyd for the 1st huns goal.

BUT why was Mendes not booked. He's into the crowd (not just off the field) and even has huns fans jumping on top of him.

Jamie

was just about to post about the lack of a mendes booking. That is a fecking discgrace! I think the ref did really well, kept his cards in his pocket for most of the game, but the rules are absolutely clear on that one -

Rule 5.6 para 6 Any player leaving the pitch without the permission of the referee, other than due to their momentum, will recieve a yellow card. This is particularly applicable to goal celebrations unless the scorer plays for the old firm.

aaaah, didnae see that the first time, looks like it's ok after all! :o

absolute cracker wasnt it? the boy knows how to score that is for sure, just dosnt seem to do it in big games, mind you har to score fae the bench in big games!

Just watched the highlights and that is a cracking strike by Boyd for the 1st huns goal.

BUT why was Mendes not booked. He's into the crowd (not just off the field) and even has huns fans jumping on top of him.

Jamie

He was.

Jamie

He should have been booked and then rushed to hospital an emergency series of inoculations against: rabies, typhoid, the plague, hepatitis A, B & C, syphilis, gonorrhoea, swine vasicular disease, and - of course - blue-tongue virus.

He was.

Not according to the BBC coverage last night nor according to the BBC report on the game on their website:

"Rangers: Alexander, Broadfoot, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Pedro Mendes, Davis, Thomson, Novo (Lafferty 111), Boyd, Darcheville (Beasley 72).

Subs Not Used: McGregor, Edu, Dailly.

Booked: Thomson.

Goals: Boyd 25, Pedro Mendes 116."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7629650.stm

Commander Harris
was just about to post about the lack of a mendes booking. That is a fecking discgrace! I think the ref did really well, kept his cards in his pocket for most of the game, but the rules are absolutely clear on that one -

Rule 5.6 para 6 Any player leaving the pitch without the permission of the referee, other than due to their momentum, will recieve a yellow card. This is particularly applicable to goal celebrations unless the scorer plays for the old firm.

indeed, the laws are very clear:

"Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible."

:P

Source: The Laws of The Game (http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en_55753.pdf)

do you happen to have a link to the rules and regulations for the bit in bold in particular?

Commander Harris
do you happen to have a link to the rules and regulations for the bit in bold in particular?

"deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission"(p35) is a cautionable offense but obviously not in all contexts as the rules explicitly state that leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offense in itself.(p115 - dealing with goal celebrations)

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en_55753.pdf

"deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee?s permission"(p35) is a cautionable offense but obviously not in all contexts as the rules explicitly state that leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offense in itself.(p115 - dealing with goal celebrations)

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en_55753.pdf

Strange, then, that almost every non OF player to do so ends-up getting booked. A referee's "discretion" is a mighty powerful thing...

:cool:

He should have been booked and then rushed to hospital an emergency series of inoculations against: rabies, typhoid, the plague, hepatitis A, B & C, syphilis, gonorrhoea, swine vasicular disease, and - of course - blue-tongue virus.

Yes great goal by Boyd ,but as for Mendes,didnt Phil Stamp get sent off for this?Running to his own fans after scoring the winner against the hobos I mean,not catching those diseases!

Commander Harris
Strange, then, that almost every non OF player to do so ends-up getting booked. A referee's "discretion" is a mighty powerful thing...

completely agree. The Laws are applied inconsistently.

"Referee's discretion" may mean that "if the player who scored may do so again therefore gaining his team more points, therefore posing a threat to the top 2 league positions being altered....."

I believe this change came in place around 2005 and its known by the referees as "the Skacel ruling".

Yes great goal by Boyd ,but as for Mendes,didnt Phil Stamp get sent off for this?

He certainly did, and many other Hearts and other non-OF players have been booked over the years for doing exactly what Mendes got away with last night.

:Bazooka::banghead2:

Impartiality? Sure...

Commander Harris
I made those rules up in an attempt at humour. I apologise, clearly I should stick to my day job :o

I laughed. :)

If Mendes was not booked then the SFA should issue a retrospective booking (but of course they won't).

Notice the linesman in the highlights not even going over to the players to tell them to get back on the field.

absolute cracker wasnt it? the boy knows how to score that is for sure, just dosnt seem to do it in big games, mind you har to score fae the bench in big games!

behave it was just a lucky strike, the tarbolton ranker just swung his leg and the baw bounced of his foot,

anyway are u sure u are on the correct site, should u not be over on follow follow, praising der huns

Archived