HEARTS supremo Vladimir Romanov has knocked back a megabucks bid to buy the club.

slfjambo

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article1731094.ece

I won't sell, I'm staying

By ROBERT MARTIN

Published: Today

btn-add-your-comments.gif

HEARTS supremo Vladimir Romanov has knocked back a megabucks bid to buy the club.

SunSport can reveal a group of foreign businessmen wanted to snap up his 82 per cent stake in the Jambos.

But despite the Tynecastle side toiling with crushing debts of ?36MILLION, tycoon Romanov says he has NO INTENTION of selling up.

News of the approach comes as players and staff await overdue wages which Vlad claims will finally be paid on Friday.

Lithuanian FA chief Liutauras Varanavicius is a trusted Romanov ally and he revealed: ?There were people there but they were not serious in my eyes.

?It?s true they wanted to buy out the club ? but they didn?t know how they were going to.

?Look, everything is for sale if the price is right. You cannot say 100 per cent that it would not happen in the future.

?But I don?t expect Vladimir to sell Hearts, I expect him to EXPAND his activities in football instead.

?He is the man with the plans for Hearts and he will be the one who carries them out.?

Varanavicius ? who also holds a position within Romanov?s UKIO bank hierarchy? blasted suggestions that his pal had lost interest in the Jambos.

He said: ?That?s stupid. I spoke with Vladimir this morning and I can assure you he?s not lost any passion for Hearts.

?And I can also say there are no money problems. There were funds due to go in last Friday and they were incorrectly done. But the money WAS there.?

Romanov flew right-hand man Sergejus Fedotovas to Edinburgh on Tuesday to reassure worried staff the club?s future was not in doubt.

Fedotovas said: ?I am confident there is no salary issue. Everyone will be paid.?

Meanwhile, Tynecastle captain Christophe Berra hit out at claims his team-mates are on the verge of striking.

He said: ?We are total professionals.?

If he's leaked this to the press, it makes me wonder if he is actually trying to drum up some interest in the club in the hope of being able to sell.

If he's leaked this to the press, it makes me wonder if he is actually trying to drum up some interest in the club in the hope of being able to sell.

Hopefully.

Sorry.

Vlad would choose to leak this to the SUN??

Ermmm.

It is made up from an old quote from earlier this year IMO

Clearly rubbish. Nobody in their right mind would want to buy us right now.

Unless they had ulterior motives...

Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov has turned down a huge bid to buy the club from a group of foreign business men who wanted to snap up his 82% stake in the Edinburgh club. (The Scottish Sun)

Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov has turned down a huge bid to buy the club from a group of foreign business men who wanted to snap up his 82% stake in the Edinburgh club. (The Scottish Sun)

Thanks for this, saves me reading through the huge thread already posted here.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29536

Quite possibly mate though maybe they are using the story of the plumber getting in touch recently as foundation!

Guest jambomickey

the quicker somebody buys him out the better as far as i'm concerned! the quotes in the daily record sum him and his puppets well, lies lies and more lies

It must be taken from a previous story as it quotes 82% shareholding but this increased to over 90% when there was the debt to equity swap in july.

the quicker somebody buys him out the better as far as i'm concerned! the quotes in the daily record sum him and his puppets well, lies lies and more lies

If anyone is a liar it's the journo's at the record. This quote should tell you all you need to know....

'But after half an hour they called back to say they had changed their minds on issuing a statement over the future of Fedotovas.'

You honestly think anyone from Vlad's camp is going to call the DR of all papers???

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

And I'm not a follower in case ur wondering. In an ideal world some mega rich Jambo would buy the club but until that happens I'll settle for a mega rich middle eastern group!

By ROBERT MARTIN

SunSport can reveal a group of foreign businessmen wanted to snap up his 82 per cent stake in the Jambos.

But despite the Tynecastle side toiling with crushing debts of ?36MILLION, tycoon Romanov says he has NO INTENTION of selling up.

News of the approach comes as players and staff await overdue wages which Vlad claims will finally be paid on Friday.

Lithuanian FA chief Liutauras Varanavicius is a trusted Romanov ally and he revealed: ?There were people there but they were not serious in my eyes.

?It?s true they wanted to buy out the club ? but they didn?t know how they were going to.

?Look, everything is for sale if the price is right. You cannot say 100 per cent that it would not happen in the future.

?But I don?t expect Vladimir to sell Hearts, I expect him to EXPAND his activities in football instead.

?He is the man with the plans for Hearts and he will be the one who carries them out.?

Varanavicius ? who also holds a position within Romanov?s UKIO bank hierarchy? blasted suggestions that his pal had lost interest in the Jambos.

He said: ?That?s stupid. I spoke with Vladimir this morning and I can assure you he?s not lost any passion for Hearts.

?And I can also say there are no money problems. There were funds due to go in last Friday and they were incorrectly done. But the money WAS there.?

Romanov flew right-hand man Sergejus Fedotovas to Edinburgh on Tuesday to reassure worried staff the club?s future was not in doubt.

Fedotovas said: ?I am confident there is no salary issue. Everyone will be paid.?

Meanwhile, Tynecastle captain Christophe Berra hit out at claims his team-mates are on the verge of striking.

And the award for the thread with the longest title goes to....

It must be taken from a previous story as it quotes 82% shareholding but this increased to over 90% when there was the debt to equity swap in july.

Mr Martin was also corrected on here as well surrounding the probable level of the club's debt as well, but again no reference to the income/investment of the last 14 months or so.

I mentioned yesterday he was technically correct in what he said as at least he mentioned at the last set of audited accounts...No reference this time Robert.

There's a direct quote so I guess there's some element of truth to it. The way I read it, it's simply Vlad & chums telling us three things:

* Vlad isn't going anywhere

* There are no financial problems

* The club is an attractive proposition but would only be sold for the right price, otherwise it's business as usual

Guest jambomickey
If anyone is a liar it's the journo's at the record. This quote should tell you all you need to know....

'But after half an hour they called back to say they had changed their minds on issuing a statement over the future of Fedotovas.'

You honestly think anyone from Vlad's camp is going to call the DR of all papers???

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

And I'm not a follower in case ur wondering. In an ideal world some mega rich Jambo would buy the club but until that happens I'll settle for a mega rich middle eastern group!

don't buy that at all! so you think the reporter has made that up? they even mentioned the persons name they spoke to

I must have imagined the debt for equity swap.

Yeah, I noticed that most of the reports over the last few days appear to have forgotten all about that. Silly sausages. Must have slipped their minds....

Most telling quote is that the consortium don'k know how they are going to etc. When will folk wake up to the fact that no-one with real money is ever going to buy our club. The nearest we got was Vlad. Maybe one of the problems is that the people who come up with the guff don't understand how much money someone would have to throw at us to take us to the level that we dreamt of three years ago or even the pre pieman days.

One thing that is doing my nut in is folk keep mentioning the ?36m debt. I know they are just taking it from the last accounts.

But come on, your journos. The ?12m debt for equity swap and the ?12.5m in player sales.

like what?

By ROBERT MARTIN

Top journalism there:rolleyes:

whatthehellisgoingon?

The fact they are talking about the ?36M debt makes me think that they are indeed talking about the old offer that we all knew about. IIRC the guy didn't actually have the funds.

If there was a "bid" LV explain why it was knocked back:

It’s true they wanted to buy out the club — but they didn’t know how they were going to.

:toasting:

HEAR HEAR

One thing that is doing my nut in is folk keep mentioning the ?36m debt. I know they are just taking it from the last accounts.

But come on, your journos. The ?12m debt for equity swap and the ?12.5m in player sales.

You can almost bet your arse that ?36m-(?12m+?12.5m) will not come out as ?11.5m in debt at the next annual account sheet.

marshallschunkychicken
You can almost bet your arse that ?36m-(?12m+?12.5m) will not come out as ?11.5m in debt at the next annual account sheet.

I'd agree.

The debt for equity swap wasn't in the financial year covered by the next set of accounts IIRC....

Nobody in there right mind would want to buy the sun newspaper.:eek:

I'd agree.

The debt for equity swap wasn't in the financial year covered by the next set of accounts IIRC....

It was wasn't it? The financial year ended July 31st and we made the swap before then, I think.

marshallschunkychicken
It was wasn't it? The financial year ended July 31st and we made the swap before then, I think.

That'll teach me to be a smartarse... :laugh:

It was made on July 31, precisely so it could be included, and we didn't go above the ?40m overdraft limit. ?28m is my guess, though others think it'll be a lot more like ?20m.

Jam Tarts 1874
I'd agree.

The EGM to ratify the debt to equity swap was held on 31.7.08. specifically to ensure that the transaction could be included in Hearts' fiscal year ending 31.7.08.

The EGM to ratify the debt to equity swap was held on 31.7.08. specifically to ensure that the transaction could be included in Hearts' fiscal year ending 31.7.08.

Was it not way before that?

Around the 12th or so? Sure I was on holiday when it happened.

I don't think that it would be a barking idea to buy Hearts just now look at the positives:

if you are a foreign investor wanting to buy into football then what are your options? The advantages Hearts have are clear to see - they are the same as why Vlad bought in - although since then his inability to step back has jeopardised our success time and time again.

You can get Hearts for under 40 million. For that you get a decent squad, a decent manager, a city centre stadium but more importantly you get a decent chance of european football each year.

Look at Newcastle - well you'd need at least ?200m to buy that club and what do you get? well they are a long way off winning anything let alone a European place. OK they are a massive club but that in itself brings problems.

I hope Vlad is finally contect to keep out of team affairs and let Lazlo do his job. If he doesn't then I hope somone buys him out who will takea back seat.

As far as Vlad's business interests being in trouble - many of them are in the energy and raw materials sector which are pretty bullet proof even if costs are high at the moment. I'd be more worried if our dept was to HBOS or whatever they are called these days

Archived