Dear Chick.....

monkfish1979

Having read Chick's latest drooling load of spazstrokery on the BBC website, I thought that it would be nice if we could have a thread in which we could respond to his continued moronic musings without fear of BBC moderation.

What has the national broadcasting service come to when this odious, cretinous little stool sample of a man is given free reign to open his palsied mind to the public? Were it not for a biblically proportioned stroke of luck, he'd be slithering around the centre of Paisley or somesuch searching for old chip wrappers in public bins. That he represents modern journalism in a country that has produced genuine literary giants is nothing short of embarrassing;

"If they had any sense Lothian and Borders police would wrap some of that blue and white tape marked "accident waiting to happen" around the Gorgie Road."

Aye Chick. I've seen loads of that stuff around. How ****ing stupid are you?

Having read Chick's latest drooling load of spazstrokery on the BBC website, I thought that it would be nice if we could have a thread in which we could respond to his continued moronic musings without fear of BBC moderation.

What has the national broadcasting service come to when this odious, cretinous little stool sample of a man is given free reign to open his palsied mind to the public? Were it not for a biblically proportioned stroke of luck, he'd be slithering around the centre of Paisley or somesuch searching for old chip wrappers in public bins. That he represents modern journalism in a country that has produced genuine literary giants is nothing short of embarrassing;

"If they had any sense Lothian and Borders police would wrap some of that blue and white tape marked "accident waiting to happen" around the Gorgie Road."

You can tell he's gutted that Hearts have dealt with this issue before he's had the chance to put out his drivel. He'd be dribbling dire warnings about the end of the world and loving every minute of it.

His bletherings are the lowest form of journalism and cringeworthy.

Apart from that we love you 'Chico' because you are such a cheeky wee chappie. :rolleyes:

Chad Sexington

I cant read him anymore.

I get too wound up.

He's one of the worst writers I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

He actually used the phrase "as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike" in one of his pieces not long ago.

He's getting paid for that.

Scottish sports journalism is at an all time low at the moment and he is just one of the reasons why.

There's nothing wrong with the article that I can see. Expecting the BBC to just ignore this story is plain daft; and Chick acknowledges himself that in the short-term, Hearts will probably be fine.

But the concerns he expresses are shared by many (the majority?) of us. Romanov is felt by many to have got bored, and others have expressed the fear that we could be the first of his projects to go if the credit crunch bites in his part of the world. Young writes many cliched, nowhere near as funny as he thinks pieces - but this isn't one of them.

I think the fact that he gets the **** ripped out of him in the now very outdated "Only an Excuse" says it all for me.

Oh and I nearly forgot the infamous interview in the tunnel with his hero Sir Walter Smith.

He even gets the **** taken out of him by fellow journalists mainly because he thinks he is always right and they think he is a cretin which of course he is.

He surely must be getting near retiral, he certainly looks as if he is.

There's nothing wrong with the article that I can see. Expecting the BBC to just ignore this story is plain daft; and Chick acknowledges himself that in the short-term, Hearts will probably be fine.

But the concerns he expresses are shared by many (the majority?) of us. Romanov is felt by many to have got bored, and others have expressed the fear that we could be the first of his projects to go if the credit crunch bites in his part of the world. Young writes many cliched, nowhere near as funny as he thinks pieces - but this isn't one of them.

I'm not so sure he is bored. I think he is happy to watch Kaunas instead whilst letting Hearts grow organically through the Academy, and hopefully, new stand. I think he may have realised that he was too dictatorial and thus decided once and for all the get the most suitable men he could into both Kaunas and Hearts. I'd like to know more about this Mindauskas (sp?) fellow as I think he is now the trusted lieutenant on the footballing side and that was something he was lacking previously - Lopez, Sergei, Ogilvie and Romanov Jr were all capable businessmen and administrators but they were not actually that close to football.

Seymour M Hersh

Great comment from someone called Fergus.

"Chick, for someone who can't write, you're doing a marvellous job conning cash out of the BBC. Respect".

Chick Dung the man has very very basic journolistic "if there is such a word" skills and is always looking for anything negative to say not only about Hearts but most clubs excluding his beloved Rangers.

Chick just get on the broken bike :eek: and pesh off as most of the Scottish football supporters and fellow media pundets think you are just a laughing stock.

I don't expect BBC to ignore it however some balanced reporting would make a change.

When this wages thing broke, all the BBC pundits (Chico, Murdo, etc) had their say on Sportsound - and boy were they loving it, drooling at the mouth at the thought of HMFC going under.

Chick Dung

It strikes me that Vladimir Romanov has grown weary of his Scottish plaything and is now very much the absentee landlord. Kaunus, I suspect, are the favourite toy in his cupboard now.

In amongst all the crap he does say something that I think is pretty much bang on the money.

Say What Again
In amongst all the crap he does say something that I think is pretty much bang on the money.

I'm not so sure DH. If that was the case, why have we landed Kello and Mrowiec? Surely 2 of Kaunas' better players?

I'm not so sure DH. If that was the case, why have we landed Kello and Mrowiec? Surely 2 of Kaunas' better players?

In the hope of selling them for more money than FBK Kaunas could get.

I don't expect BBC to ignore it however some balanced reporting would make a change.

When this wages thing broke, all the BBC pundits (Chico, Murdo, etc) had their say on Sportsound - and boy were they loving it, drooling at the mouth at the thought of HMFC going under.

I heard it to and they are just waitin for something to happen so they can say i told you so (erses)

I hate chick young, and wish him all the worst

He is the mouth piece of the GFA and the infectious disease that is the old firm

As usual some opinions as skewed as the weegie press. Romanov was too involved apparently for some people and now he isn't involved enough? Hopefully we will get an honest reappraisal of the short and medium term future from him although I would not hold my breath. In the meantime there isn't really a good fairy waiting in the wings and many people accept that Czabo gets decent control of players and the team.

That is was really gets the CF11 goat.

All this fake sincerity about how sad they are about the problems behind the scene at such a great club as Hearts, and how sorry they'd be if it all unravelled.

no.... they would LOVE IT if the JT's imploded. FACT.

Reason? It would give them a great big juicy story to write about / spout pash about. And allow them to nod sagely and say how they saw it coming, etc. etc.

Dunno which thread I saw it on, but respect to the dude who described hte ramblings of Chico as "either a 10 year old or a retarded monkey"

Guest juvehearts

I gave up reading all the rags when romaknob took over.

Ill give vlad 1 thing & 1 thing only,

were NEVER off the back or front pages these days!

I gave up reading all the rags when romaknob took over.

Then you missed out on some great press coverage on Hearts in 2005 when Burley was in charge.

I tried to post something at the end of that Chic Young blog thingy.

Imagine my surprise when I received this in my e-mail inbox:

Dear BBC Blog contributor,

Thank you for contributing to a BBC Blog. Unfortunately we've had to remove your

content below

Comments posted to BBC blogs will be removed if they are considered likely to

provoke, attack or offend others; are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually

explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable; are considered to have been posted

with an intention to disrupt; contain swear words (including abbreviations or

alternative spellings) or other language likely to offend.

You can read the BBC Blog and messageboard House Rules in full here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/messageboards/newguide/popup_house_rules.html

If you can rewrite your contribution to remove the problem, we'd be happy for you to

post it again.

Please note that anyone who seriously or repeatedly breaks the House Rules may have

action taken against their account.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/messageboards/newguide/popup_breaking_rules.html

Regards,

The BBC Blog Team

What did I post to merit such a response?

This...

Subject:

Payday mayday at Hearts

Posting:

Why is my licence fee being used to employ this buffoon?

Seriously?

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

Word. How dare you question the credibility of Chuck Dung. Unfortunately, it seems to be a case of "can dish it out....".

Bunch of fuds.

Dear oh dear...he has to be in the middle of a bet with someone to see how many horrendously cheesy and ill-considered cliches he can fit into one article....

I'm embarrassed for him.

You would expect a journalist to be able to understand English but:

"In the short term maybe it will be all right. Probably, in fact."

Since when did probability become fact?

"Either way, Hearts are way down their owner's priority list."

This based on the number of games Mr Romanov has attended this season? It would be interesting for Me Young to do an analysis of how many games other club owners attend live.

Look like another day when Mr Young has little to write about so he has a poke at us. Shame it's the same old stuff all the time.

Archived