Sixth Year Proms

hughesie27

I'm on the committee for our prom next year and we just started. We need a venue for around 70-80 people, drinks reception, 3 course meal, DJ/cielghdahy(Kayleigh;)) and in the region of no more than ?40 per head. Anybody know somehwere? Where did any sixth years go last year? Ta.

I'm on the committee for our prom next year and we just started. We need a venue for around 70-80 people, drinks reception, 3 course meal, DJ/cielghdahy(Kayleigh;)) and in the region of no more than ?40 per head. Anybody know somehwere? Where did any sixth years go last year? Ta.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

mt 6th year went to the belford menzies(think thats what its called) - just kind of off haymarket

was pretty decent

Judging by your spelling of ceilidh, is it definitely a prom you're after or maybe a romp?

Wahahahahhahaha-clunk!

Brilliant - pure brilliant!!

We went to a place called Carfraemill for ours.

They have a marquee and a bar which was perfect for all 62 of us + partners.

Might be a bit out of the way for you though.

Ahhh the 6th year prom. Had mine 3 year ago. (I passed out on a seat after having way to many glasses of wine ;) ) annnnnnnnnnyway!

We had ours at the Balmoral.

The year after us had it at the Geroge Hotel.

Two cracking places

6th year prom??? We just left school and went into the world of work/uni/college no need for this fancy dan americanism.

The youth of today are really strange!

6th year prom??? We just left school and went into the world of work/uni/college no need for this fancy dan americanism.

any bloke who isnt American who goes to a prom is gay.

FACT. END OF.

any bloke who isnt American who goes to a prom is gay.

FACT. END OF.

I got laid of one of the tidiest birds in my year at my prom.

Gay? I think not.

Sheriff Fatman

We left school and went to the pub.

Haud on.

6th year? So I'm thinking 90% of the folks will be 17?

Why do you need a drinks reception for 80 folk?

Where do you think will serve bairns?

p.s. I agree. In my day at Forries it was a beat it at lunch time and hit the pub on the last day.

Gyle Inn - I salute you!

:biggrin:

We left school and went to the pub.

We had been doing that every friday since the start of 5th year, The Stable Bar was our pub of choice. A band 1 friday and a quiz the alternate friday, happy days.

We went to the George Hotel. Drinks were expensive and meal was a bit questionable for ?40 a head, wouldn't recommend it.

Sheriff Fatman
We had been doing that every friday since the start of 5th year, The Stable Bar was our pub of choice. A band 1 friday and a quiz the alternate friday, happy days.

I was meaning straight after we left school on the last day, we had been going to the pub quite regularly before hand.

Haud on.

p.s. I agree. In my day at Forries it was a beat it at lunch time and hit the pub on the last day.

Gyle Inn - I salute you!

Cheers for the help so far guys a few will be 18 so will be getting drinks for the rest and the teachers usually help out with that sort of stuff too.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Our 6th year ball was at the Balmoral and was brilliant.

Cost a fair bit but it was worth it rather than having some cheap tacky doo

We had ours at the Roxburghe which was very nice.

Might be a bit too up market for you lot though...

And the ****ing prom c'ee? I've lost all of the little respect I had for you previously.

Sixth year balls and proms? Is this an Edinburgh thing? This countries turning into another American state:boak:

Clark Griswold

We had ours 4 years ago at the Carlton, next to the bank hotel. It was quite cheap per head. Drinks reception (needed ID) 3 course meal, ceilidh and a disco after. Sorted ;)

They have them here as well. The Aussies call them Formals.

I never knew these American ideas had infested Scotland.

I do remember we had the "Fifth's last fling". Nothing formal about that! A few bevvies beforehand and the quarterbottle of Smirnoff in the jacket pocket to be consumed in the bogs.

Skived my last day at school(only time i did) and me an my mates

got obliterated on thunderbird. That was slightly less than ?40 a head.

...and there was no such thing as a stretch Hummer.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I got laid out of one of the tidiest birds in my year at my prom.

Gay? I think not.

Was it a good punch?

Gay? I think so.

:P

Proms are for buftys. My last day at school included getting a gam of the Head Girl, my mate setting fire to the Common Room and getting off my heed on cheap cider and vodka.

Proms. Youth of today are turning into big girls blouses.

Nelly Terraces

Proms in the UK. F ** K right off. More coca-colanisation of the UK. A pile of yank w ** k. This countrys turned into a right pile of American toss.

Proms should only be attended by male virgins called Chad and live in Pointyhat Town, USA.

Just go out, get reekin, cause some minor criminal damage and see if you can get yer end away with some local schemie birds who are normally well up for a quick knee tremble behind the bikesheds after half a bottle of white lightening.;)

As the Ant Man has said - youth of today = big girls blouses. God help us if there's a war.

Proms? Even the word sounds gay.

F ** K OFF.

Proms in the UK. F ** K right off. More coca-colanisation of the UK. A pile of yank w ** k. This countrys turned into a right pile of American toss.

Proms should only be attended by male virgins called Chad and live in Pointyhat Town, USA.

Just go out, get reekin, cause some minor criminal damage and see if you can get yer end away with some local schemie birds who are normally well up for a quick knee tremble behind the bikesheds after half a bottle of white lightening.;)

As the Ant Man has said - youth of today = big girls blouses. God help us if there's a war.

F ** K OFF.

Ours was called a Leavers, which doesn't sound as p**fy as a 'Prom'.

Plus that was what we used to do every other weekend, it was nice to have a change :P.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Proms are for buftys. My last day at school included getting a gam of the Head Girl, my mate setting fire to the Common Room and getting off my heed on cheap cider and vodka.

Proms. Youth of today are turning into big girls blouses.

Nice.

gorgie blizzard

If your looking for a ceilidh/disco, PM me and i'll give you some info.

Our sixth year function was also in the Balmoral.

It may not be the best pub in Dalry but we still had fun. ;)

Truthfully, ours was in the Caledonian Hotel. It made the whole event feel pretty swanky/special. We all went to Revolution afterwards to balance it out.

Ours was in some big hotel on the way out to the airport.

Cant remember what it was called, but rossthejambo might if he looks at this thread.

Also, the drinking laws seemed to be slightly "relaxed".;)

Hate the term prom or ball though. It does sound yanky and gay. Posh bevvy.:)

Haud on.

Gyle Inn - I salute you!

When i left Forries we went to the YoYo on Blair Street where i drunk half a bottle of Aftershock, challenged Mr Black the French teacher to a duel, collapsed in the Cowgate and ended up in the Royal Infirmary where the nurse stuck something down my throat to make me sick.

Happy days.

portobellojambo1

F ** K OFF.

Very eloquently, and accurately, put.

had mine at the Roxburghe aswell really good got free Champagne, meal was ok and got a ceilidh and a dj but i think it was ?47 pp overall

It was always called a bloody 'Function' when i was at school (2 years ago!)

Mines was at the Hilton Grosvenor at West End. It's booked automatically by Craigmount every single year and it was a great venue.

Just shows you how pish Forries is if it can't even book the same venue year by year. Imagine giving the task to 10 teenagers in late September. You'll probably struggle to get a good venue and you'll wind up at The Oak Inn in Corstorphine.

Incidently, my burds function was at The Moathouse, she went to Augies (I know, i know..) and it was apparently good.

When i left Forries we went to the YoYo on Blair Street where i drunk half a bottle of Aftershock, challenged Mr Black the French teacher to a duel, collapsed in the Cowgate and ended up in the Royal Infirmary where the nurse stuck something down my throat to make me sick.

Happy days.

Male nurse per chance? Nasty... (Quality story though!)

My prom was in the Scandic Crown on the Royal Mile a few years back. Got the old tux on James Bond style to impress the ladies, trying like badger to get one's 'Nat King Cole'. The night decended into choas after the Tequila came out...sure there was some carpet pizza thrown into the mix...all very regrettable...and nae nat king!*

(* - hazy recollections of sticky fingers though ;)) Classy.

We call it a leavers ball in Scotland rather than a 'prom' and it seems that every school in the country are at it.

Having a black tie doo is very fashionable these days and gives everybody an excuse to wear a kilt and get bevvied.

People calling it 'Americanism' etc need to get a grip of themselves.

Jelousy is a terrible thing.

It was always called a bloody 'Function' when i was at school (2 years ago!)

Mines was at the Hilton Grosvenor at West End. It's booked automatically by Craigmount every single year and it was a great venue.

Just shows you how pish Forries is if it can't even book the same venue year by year. Imagine giving the task to 10 teenagers in late September. You'll probably struggle to get a good venue and you'll wind up at The Oak Inn in Corstorphine.

Incidently, my burds function was at The Moathouse, she went to Augies (I know, i know..) and it was apparently good.

It's not that they leave it to us, more that it's good for us to choose what happens at it. What type of food, music, dress code, who goes ect.

Good fun as well.

It's not that they leave it to us, more that it's good for us to choose what happens at it. What type of food, music, dress code, who goes ect.

Good fun as well.

You should jokingly (but make them think you're serious) push for a Chinese, or a chippy.

"Keeps the price down, and everyone likes it. Why not?"

We call it a leavers ball in Scotland rather than a 'prom' and it seems that every school in the country are at it.

Having a black tie doo is very fashionable these days and gives everybody an excuse to wear a kilt and get bevvied.

People calling it 'Americanism' etc need to get a grip of themselves.

Jelousy is a terrible thing.

Still gay. In fact, the only thing gayer is attempting to justify such a travesty.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Happy days.

:P

I'm quite sure that the place also got shut down after we went there. Too many drunken under-agers or something.

I vaguely remember someone putting their hand through the cigarette machine aswell :eek:

What Tucker said. However as I left school in the early 80's cheap speed was the dish de jour for the occasion.

Lucky you.The 70's was glue or magic mushrooms washed down with some Armidillo wine.Plus if you called it a prom you would have got a good kicking.:)

Archived