Article Tools Sponsored By

By NICK POPE

Published: July 29, 2008

London

Skip to next paragraph

Enlarge This Image

Jonathon Ros

DH, Clifton NJ

ON the afternoon of Nov. 7, 2006, pilots and airport employees at O?Hare International Airport in Chicago saw a disc-like object hovering over the tarmac for several minutes. Because nothing was tracked on radar, the Federal Aviation Administration did not investigate. Yet radar is not a reliable detector of all aircraft. Stealth planes are designed to be invisible to radar, and many radar systems filter out signals not matching the normal characteristics of aircraft. Did it really make sense to entirely ignore the observations of several witnesses?

A healthy scepticism about extraterrestrial space travellers leads people to disregard U.F.O. sightings without a moment?s thought. But in the United States, this translates into over dependence on radar data and indifference to all kinds of unidentified aircraft ? a weakness that could be exploited by terrorists or anyone seeking to engage in espionage against the United States.

The American government has not investigated U.F.O. sightings since 1969, when the Air Force ended Project Blue Book, an effort to scientifically analyse all sightings to see if any posed a threat to national security. Britain and France, in contrast, continue to investigate U.F.O. sightings, because of concerns that some sightings might be attributable to foreign military aircraft breaching their airspace, or to foreign space-based systems of interest to the intelligence community.

Most of the incidents investigated in Britain have been easily explained as misidentification's of stars and planets, aircraft lights, satellites and meteors, but some cases have raised national security or air safety issues.:eek:

On Dec. 26, 1980, for instance, several witnesses at two American Air Force bases in England reported seeing a U.F.O. land. An examination of the site turned up indentations in the ground and a level of radiation in the area that was significantly higher than ordinary. More witnesses at the same base reported the U.F.O. again on subsequent nights. The deputy base commander reported that the aircraft aimed light beams into the most highly sensitive area of the base ? a clear security breach.:eek:

On March 30 and 31, 1993, there was a wave of U.F.O. sightings over Britain. One witness described a triangular-shaped craft that flew slowly over an air force base before accelerating away to the horizon in an instant, many times faster than a jet. The British military reported, ?There would seem to be some evidence on this occasion that an unidentified object (or objects) of unknown origin was operating over the U.K.?

On April 23, 2007, a commercial airline pilot and some of his passengers reported a huge cigar-shaped U.F.O. ? the pilot estimated it to be a mile wide ? near the Channel Islands. At the time, air traffic controllers reported to the pilot that radar picked up something, but that it was ?unknown traffic.:eek:?

In addition, there have been several incidents of near misses between U.F.O.s and known aircraft ? enough to prompt the Ministry of Defence and the British Civil Aviation Authority to advise pilots, if they encounter anything, ?not to manoeuvre, other than to place the object astern, if possible.?:eek:

The United States is no less vulnerable than Britain and France to threats to security and air safety. The United States Air Force or the National Aeronautics and Space Administration should reopen investigations of U.F.O. phenomena. It would not imply that the country has suddenly started believing in little green men. It would simply recognize the possibility that radar alone cannot always tell us what?s out there.:eek:

Nick Pope, the author of ?Open Skies, Closed Minds,? ;)was in charge of U.F.O. investigations for the British Ministry of Defence from 1991 to 1994.;)

taken from the New York Times.:cool:, so he Nick Pope used to work for MOD and was responsible for investigating reported signings from civilian and military pilots.:secret:

+1 to the post count. Whats tomorows going to be?

:107years:. well knowing the wealth of information on today's internet (not all trust worthy i admit) were does one start.:rolleyes:

Will you stop cutting and pasting without supplying links and a reference to the page you get it from. It will get the board into trouble.

Will you stop cutting and pasting without supplying links and a reference to the page you get it from. It will get the board into trouble.

Yeh I noticed that as well, it is very annoying tbh.

Will you stop cutting and pasting without supplying links and a reference to the page you get it from.:pray: It will get the board into trouble.
:eek:

well , you ever herd the word PLEASE and i was not aware of getting the BORED ,opps, i mean BOARD into trouble and i most reverently apologize on the behalf of all cutters and pasters , so nothing to add to the OP then, ok, tally ho.

Yeh I noticed that as well, it is very annoying tbh.

it can be and i offer my deepest sympathy to causing you so much annoyance , i take it that is all you noticed about the OP then.:placate:

taken from the New York Times., so he Nick Pope used to work for MOD and was responsible for investigating reported signings from civilian and military pilots.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/misc/nytlogo153x23.gif,

there you go , you can even read it again if you like but i do apologize and hope the golfing trip goes well.:cool:

:eek:

well , you ever herd the word PLEASE and i was not aware of getting the BORED ,opps, i mean BOARD into trouble and i most reverently apologize on the behalf of all cutters and pasters , so nothing to add to the OP then, ok, tally ho.

To be fair, I've tried to explain the same thing to you before. Maybe you missed it while you were looking for your next conspiracy.

I don't know if you have noticed but you don't even contribute to your own threads. You simply cut and paste an article and then post it. As if KB was a library from conspiracy theories. You then have a thread full of people telling you to shut up. Yet you continue. I don't know if in the real world you continue to quote from people, offering no opinions from your own point of view but if you do I assume you are in for a beating soon. Surely that will make you stop?

Unless of course you enjoy it. Your aim is that you don't even care about the conspiracy you just enjoy the bites.

I didn't mean to cause offence. I love the conspiracy theories. Just letting you know that it is against Jambos Kickback rules to post articles and not link and credit the original source. I believe that they can get into trouble for this.

This is one you might like to read about.

John Titor - Time traveller. http://www.johntitor.com/

I don't know if you have noticed but you don't even contribute to your own threads:rolleyes:. You simply cut and paste an article and then post it. As if KB was a library from conspiracy theories.:cool: You then have a thread full of people telling you to shut up. Yet you continue. I don't know if in the real world you continue to quote from people, offering no opinions from your own point of view but if you do I assume you are in for a beating soon.:eek: Surely that will make you stop?

Unless of course you enjoy it. Your aim is that you don't even care about the conspiracy you just enjoy the bites.

Are you for real , and what gives the right and some people to tell me to shut up and for your beating comment is that some sort of threat , i thought thus was an OPEN forum and i iam not the only one to post about conspiracy"s , yes iam in the real world ,the world were the so called media never let you know of :rolleyes:, i do in fact add some of my own opinions on some posts but mainly i just post to see if anyone is interested in them and sorry to disappoint you but there a few who are and if don't care about the conspiracy then why do i feel so strongly about then in open debate;), the only people who i would RESPECT in telling me to shut up is the MODS but by the reaction of you and in your above post and some others you feel you should act like one ( too many cooks eh):rolleyes:, you tell me when you made up the rules that people interested in conspiracy"s had to pass it by you first and i will gladly open up a debate on wannae be THOUGHT POLICE:eek: oh and the reason i continue when people start to debate:107years: one of my posts is this I HAVE EVERY FECKING RIGHT TO , that is to defend a post i feel is either taken out of perspective or just merely attracts the comedians or jokers who contribute nothing to the OP , now you tell me is that behaving like an adult or child:rolleyes:.;)

Back to the topic -

I believe in flying saucers. There was a TV programme about one once that I saw and it showed a big flying saucer was seen near London. Fortunately, a guy dealt with it so it went away. He was helped by a bird that looked like that girl Billie Piper. Anyway we should all be thankful that they saved us and start to believe in flying saucers before its too late.

Back to the topic -

I believe in flying saucers. There was a TV programme about one once that I saw and it showed a big flying saucer was seen near London. Fortunately, a guy dealt with it so it went away. He was helped by a bird that looked like that girl Billie Piper. Anyway we should all be thankful that they saved us and start to believe in flying saucers before its too late.

You do know that the term "FLYING SAUCER" was a term a air plane pilot used to describe what he saw following him when he was up flying :rolleyes:, the American press latched on to it and "hey presto ", the year was 1946 a year before "THE ROSSWELL CRASH".;)

You do know that the term "FLYING SAUCER" was a term a air plane pilot used to describe what he saw following him when he was up flying :rolleyes:, the American press latched on to it and "hey presto ", the year was 1946 a year before "THE ROSSWELL CRASH".;)

omg. That defo proves it then. That Roswell thing was real too - I saw them cutting open the Alien thing on TV and it was defo real. It looked a bit like the small one out of the Krankies but it was defo an alien, not a Krankie.

I didn't mean to cause offence. I love the conspiracy theories. Just letting you know that it is against Jambos Kickback rules to post articles and not link and credit the original source. I believe that they can get into trouble for this.

This is one you might like to read about.

John Titor - Time traveller. http://www.johntitor.com/

NONE TAKEN, thanks for letting me know about it anyway :), yip ,Time traveller very interesting , infact:rolleyes:, there have been a few rumours in the NON- STREAM MEDIA SCIENTIFIC NETWORK that it could be possible with all the new data they have been discovering about our universe.:cool:

omg. That defo proves it then. That Roswell thing was real too - I saw them cutting open the Alien thing on TV and it was defo real. It looked a bit like the small one out of the Krankies but it was defo an alien, not a Krankie.

that was fake mate the autopsy on the so called aliens was bunk but Roswell has a lot more smoke and second hand witnesses but if you choose to link the 2 together then that's your cue for your comedy hour.;):rolleyes:

that was fake mate the autopsy on the so called aliens was bunk but Roswell has a lot more smoke and second hand witnesses but if you choose to link the 2 together then that's your cue for your comedy hour.;):rolleyes:

Dont be a spanner - it was real. Everybody can see that from the film they made. If you want to call things fake then look no further than the Apollo moon landings. There is so much evidence that they are fake that only tubes would think it is real.

Dont be a spanner - it was real. Everybody can see that from the film they made. If you want to call things fake then look no further than the Apollo moon landings. There is so much evidence that they are fake that only tubes would think it is real.

ah, the old moon landings , was there not a recent picture taken from i think a passing orb or satellite of the moon showing what is lead to believe the American flag, that the American space men;) put there but then again nothing would surprise me if the moon landings were faked to look like they had won the space race.:eek:

ah, the old moon landings , was there not a recent picture taken from i think a passing orb or satellite of the moon showing what is lead to believe the American flag, that the American space men;) put there but then again nothing would surprise me if the moon landings were faked to look like they had won the space race.:eek:

They were faked. Just look at the evidence -

FACT - The flag fluttered on the moon surface on the video but there is no wind on the moon.

FACT - There are no stars in the background of the photos, despite the sky being full of them.

FACT - It is not possible to survive the gamma radiation without protection from the atmosphere.

FACT - Aldrin smacked that guy in the mouth when he said it was faked - a sure sign of panic.

FACT - If there were so many moon landings, how come they didn't come across some of the creatures there? They were there for days yet saw nothing, even though they supposedly landed in places where you could see a long way, so even if the creatures were hiding you should still at least spot one or two.

FACT - They landed on places called seas, yet it looked like dry land to me. So it was a total lie.

Altogether its pretty damming evidence of you ask me.

They were faked. Just look at the evidence -

FACT - The flag fluttered on the moon surface on the video but there is no wind on the moon.

FACT - There are no stars in the background of the photos, despite the sky being full of them.

FACT - It is not possible to survive the gamma radiation without protection from the atmosphere.

FACT - Aldrin smacked that guy in the mouth when he said it was faked - a sure sign of panic.

FACT - If there were so many moon landings, how come they didn't come across some of the creatures there? They were there for days yet saw nothing, even though they supposedly landed in places where you could see a long way, so even if the creatures were hiding you should still at least spot one or two.

FACT - They landed on places called seas, yet it looked like dry land to me. So it was a total lie.

Altogether its pretty damming evidence of you ask me.

feck, your starting to sound like me a bit when going on the defensive:eek: , always a healthy sign, shows you care and researched a bit , although do i detect a bit of dis-information here , creatures ;), better watch out or every conspiracy thread or post you do could start off with, "well i blame it on the little green men on the moon :rolleyes: there is in fact new data from NASA showing that there is or could be water on the moon, same with Mars, the Artificial structures that were seen on pictures from Mars was a real head turner , who the feck put them there.:eek:

feck, your starting to sound like me a bit when going on the defensive:eek: , always a healthy sign, shows you care and researched a bit , although do i detect a bit of dis-information here , creatures ;), better watch out or every conspiracy thread or post you do could start off with, "well i blame it on the little green men on the moon :rolleyes: there is in fact new data from NASA showing that there is or could be water on the moon, same with Mars, the Artificial structures that were seen on pictures from Mars was a real head turner , who the feck put them there.:eek:

I just dont like it when people choose to ignore the propaganda put out by Governments just to fool us. But its true about life on the moon - there is no evidence whatsoever to disprove it. In fact it is perfectly plausible - just because the moon has no atmosphere it doesnt mean there can't be life. Under the surface it is possible for oxygen to exist as a by-product of the rock heating, so as long as the oxygen can't escape to surface it is possible for life to exist underground on the moon. It may be a bit dark so the creatures probably don't have eyes but they can probably scramble around in the dark quite happily. Or maybe they are an advanced species and have invented lights. Probably the same for Mars and Venus I think.

it can be and i offer my deepest sympathy to causing you so much annoyance , i take it that is all you noticed about the OP then.:placate:

Yeh, I just wanted to complain;)

I just dont like it when people choose to ignore the propaganda put out by Governments just to fool us. But its true about life on the moon - there is no evidence whatsoever to disprove it. In fact it is perfectly plausible - just because the moon has no atmosphere it doesnt mean there can't be life. Under the surface it is possible for oxygen to exist as a by-product of the rock heating, so as long as the oxygen can't escape to surface it is possible for life to exist underground on the moon. It may be a bit dark so the creatures probably don't have eyes but they can probably scramble around in the dark quite happily. Or maybe they are an advanced species and have invented lights. Probably the same for Mars and Venus I think.

Totally agree with you on people ( possible debunkers) , they tend to brush aside or make big mountains out of mole hills about evidence that does not fit in with their ,either scientific or politically correct theory's or if all else fails ( and they often resort to this) they start what is known as character assassination , they try to find some sort of misdemeanour's associated with the witness to debunk or ridicule the evidence or theory , i believe there are professional government debunkers infiltrating all sorts of conspiracy evidence, witnesses and forums, maybe even a few wannabes on KB.:eek::eek:

Green aliens, UFOs said to visit

Wed May 14, 2008 1:53pm EDT

Email | Print |

| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (11)

[-] Text [+]

Photo

1 of 1Full Size

Featured Broker sponsored link

By Jeremy Lovell

LONDON (Reuters) - Aliens from outer space have been visiting Britain for years and UFO sightings doubled after the film Close Encounters was released in 1977, according to secret files collating reports by members of the public.

The alien craft come in all shapes, sizes and colors but their occupants are uniformly green, the Ministry of Defence files show.

The archives (at http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ufos) are the first batch of a four-year release programme of all the ministry's UFO files from 1978 to the present day.

The ministry dismisses 90 percent of the reports as having mundane explanations and leave 10 percent with a question mark and the assurance they are no defence threat.

A 1983 report from a 78-year-old out fishing at midnight tells of following aliens in green overalls on to a spaceship and then being told to go away because he was too old and decrepit for their purposes.

Two years later, a typewritten letter to the ministry tells of an alien spaceship being shot down in the river Mersey in northern England by another spacecraft and of the author developing a warm friendship with an alien called Algar.

Just as Algar was about to reveal himself to the government he was killed by other aliens, the author of the letter writes. He was still in telepathic contact with an alien called Malcben from the planet Platone in the Milky Way, the author added.

Written at the top of the letter is the terse comment "No reply." Continued...

View article on single page

Previous Page 1 | 2 Next Page

Share:

Del.icio.us

Digg

Mixx

My Web

Facebook

Newsvine

Related Blog Posts

UFO sightings in Nevada

An Age of Magic

PICTURES: UK Ministry of Defence's Grand Challenge media day

Flight International's blog

The Flying Saucer Ring of Honor

Lyke 2 Drink

American Islam Enters its Next Phase -- Sightings

Ponderings on a Faith Journey

Alien Saucer Lands. FRED Humidifier Review

gadgets|gizmo's

Powered by BlogBurst

Views in these blog posts are those of the author and not of Reuters.

also on reuters

Totally agree with you on people ( possible debunkers) , they tend to brush aside or make big mountains out of mole hills about evidence that does not fit in with their ,either scientific or politically correct theory's or if all else fails ( and they often resort to this) they start what is known as character assassination , they try to find some sort of misdemeanour's associated with the witness to debunk or ridicule the evidence or theory , i believe there are professional government debunkers infiltrating all sorts of conspiracy evidence, witnesses and forums, maybe even a few wannabes on KB.:eek::eek:

Green aliens, UFOs said to visit

Wed May 14, 2008 1:53pm EDT

Email | Print |

| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (11)

[-] Text [+]

Photo

1 of 1Full Size

Featured Broker sponsored link

By Jeremy Lovell

LONDON (Reuters) - Aliens from outer space have been visiting Britain for years and UFO sightings doubled after the film Close Encounters was released in 1977, according to secret files collating reports by members of the public.

The alien craft come in all shapes, sizes and colors but their occupants are uniformly green, the Ministry of Defence files show.

The archives (at http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ufos) are the first batch of a four-year release programme of all the ministry's UFO files from 1978 to the present day.

The ministry dismisses 90 percent of the reports as having mundane explanations and leave 10 percent with a question mark and the assurance they are no defence threat.

A 1983 report from a 78-year-old out fishing at midnight tells of following aliens in green overalls on to a spaceship and then being told to go away because he was too old and decrepit for their purposes.

Two years later, a typewritten letter to the ministry tells of an alien spaceship being shot down in the river Mersey in northern England by another spacecraft and of the author developing a warm friendship with an alien called Algar.

Just as Algar was about to reveal himself to the government he was killed by other aliens, the author of the letter writes. He was still in telepathic contact with an alien called Malcben from the planet Platone in the Milky Way, the author added.

Written at the top of the letter is the terse comment "No reply." Continued...

View article on single page

Previous Page 1 | 2 Next Page

Share:

Del.icio.us

Digg

Mixx

My Web

Facebook

Newsvine

Related Blog Posts

UFO sightings in Nevada

An Age of Magic