Loose Lips Sink Ships...

rossmaroon

Assuming yesterday's doom and gloom merchants are proved wrong, I would like to say how thoroughly sick I am at the peurile pontification on this forum which has a tendency to become self-fulfilling prophecy.

The disgusting rumour-mongering perpetuated by grown men (and a few wee boys) is constantly picked up by the tabloids and others lazy ***** like Chck Young. The wee sheite used his airtime last night to lambast us as a joke and The Sun ran a sarcastic article hinting at our unprofessional management / impending demise (delete which ever is proved false).

If this was war time and Hearts were our nation, I would expect every last one of those cynical soothsayers to be taken out and shot/hung/garrotted for their treason. In times of mere football turmoil, is it too much to expect that they are merely banned and shunned as the pariahs they most certainly are.

Support the team and leave the harping to others.

The Studs Mate
Assuming yesterday's doom and gloom merchants are proved wrong, I would like to say how thoroughly sick I am at the peurile pontification on this forum which has a tendency to become self-fulfilling prophecy.

The disgusting rumour-mongering perpetuated by grown men (and a few wee boys) is constantly picked up by the tabloids and others lazy ***** like Chck Young. The wee sheite used his airtime last night to lambast us as a joke and The Sun ran a sarcastic article hinting at our unprofessional management / impending demise (delete which ever is proved false).

If this was war time and Hearts were our nation, I would expect every last one of those cynical soothsayers to be taken out and shot/hung/garrotted for their treason. In times of mere football turmoil, is it too much to expect that they are merely banned and shunned as the pariahs they most certainly are.

Here Here

Good post.

Also, try saying "loose lips sinks ships" when you're drunk.

Buffalo Bill

Good OP :)

The irony is that the people who spend their time coming up with these incredible stories of suspicion and darkness are the same people who whinge about the media and supporters of other clubs thinking we're a laughing stock.

Yes, they get a huge laugh out of us - normally by taking these bloody stories and printing them or by adding fuel to the fire they started and adding arms and legs to things that were never true in the first place.

200milesfromgorgie
Good post.

Also, try saying "loose lips sinks ships" when you're drunk.

Buffalo Bill

Try saying it to a good looking dame whilst pie eyed on mulled wine in a discotheque that is louder than ZZ tops garage. It does not translate well!

Try saying it to a good looking dame whilst pie eyed on mulled wine in a discotheque that is louder than ZZ tops garage. It does not translate well!

Sod the tongue twisters. Just get her pumped!

Jam Tarts 1874

Yes, there are no shortage of lazy hacks who feed upon the rubbish that is generated on here.

The worrying thing is that it is clear that so many of these JKB numbwits do not look anywhere else for facts, but just blindly believe every negative bit of nonesense made up and regurgitated ad nausium on here.

The good news is that the "angry mob" are only a very small minority of curmudgeons.

Just be happy we are not a PLC anymore or we'd have gone the same way as HBOS!

MacDonald Jardine

I agree some on here are all too keen to jump on any bad news but is it that unreasonable to be concerned about non payment of wages?

portobellojambo1

Based on the fact that the opening sentence of your post includes the words "assuming... are proved wrong", would it not be better for you to wait and see how the present situation pans out before you decide how such posters should be dealt with.

The very fact you use these words suggests to me you are not sure if they are right or wrong, or not sure if payment of outstanding salaries is the end to the matter (which in itself is quite understandable given the way the business world is operating at the moment).

If the gist of your post is that based on their comments the newspapers are running stories as a result is that a sad reflection on certain posters or a sad reflection on certain newspapers, I would tend to go for the latter, since they are paid (in theory) to determine the truth before printing it.

The Laughing Goalie

Journalists have to have two pieces of 'source evidence' before a story can go to print to cover themselves in a civil trial. This means that they can use a written statement, tape recording etc etc. Something else which falls into this category are public forums such as JKB.

This system can easily be abused due to the fact that it may be one and the same person who posts on this forum that calls up the reporter and gives the same story. This would then qualify a journalist to print that story as he would have (i) the statement of his source and (ii) a written text written under a pseudonym on this forum.

Based on the fact that the opening sentence of your post includes the words "assuming... are proved wrong", would it not be better for you to wait and see how the present situation pans out before you decide how such posters should be dealt with.

The very fact you use these words suggests to me you are not sure if they are right or wrong, or not sure if payment of outstanding salaries is the end to the matter (which in itself is quite understandable given the way the business world is operating at the moment).

If the gist of your post is that based on their comments the newspapers are running stories as a result is that a sad reflection on certain posters or a sad reflection on certain newspapers, I would tend to go for the latter, since they are paid (in theory) to determine the truth before printing it.

I sought clarification from a trusted broadsheet-hack friend at an early stage in the debate (debacle?): he assured me that we were not actually going to the wall! However, the fevered fulmination of the JKB mob became ever more frenzied as the evening progressed and yet no mention was made on the reliable web sites. Chick Young and The Sun did report this nonsense, though and they were speaking the language of the amoeba-brained non-supporters who post on here.

Ridiculous post. does that mean if i was to say Hearts bid 14 million for ronaldo chick young would use it as an exclusive and it would be all over the tabloids. Dont think so. People want to know facts and the information i have been given and posted is according to my source who is very close to hearts and to the players Facts.

I also dont like the rumour mongering but to want people Hung drawn and quartered is just bad taste. Come on this is a forum for fans to speak their mind. Not to be banned for doing so.

Ridiculous post. does that mean if i was to say Hearts bid 14 million for ronaldo chick young would use it as an exclusive and it would be all over the tabloids. Dont think so. People want to know facts and the information i have been given and posted is according to my source who is very close to hearts and to the players Facts.

I also dont like the rumour mongering but to want people Hung drawn and quartered is just bad taste. Come on this is a forum for fans to speak their mind. Not to be banned for doing so.

How many factual pieces of writing have you ever read in the tabloids when it comes to Hearts? Your point doesn't make sense - probably because you're purposefully misconstruing what the OP said.

I agree with you - fair play to you posting on the subject, you were 100% correct and I appreciated you passing it on.

Feel free to PM me with any other news you hear if you decide to against posting it on the main forum to avoid the inevitable abuse you will get.

• peurile pontification
  • cynical soothsayers
  • fevered fulmination

rossmaroon, JKB's Alliteration Champion of the Week! :thumb:

nice work (and good OP).

No, just the treacherous cretins who profess to love Heart of Midlothian, but really just want a greet-w*** to the only people they actively communicate with. No excuses: these traitors have to be named shamed and ex-communicated from this forum. (Although the use of that term will probably cause apoplexy amongst the unwashed Hun admirers who infest this board).

Journalists have to have two pieces of 'source evidence' before a story can go to print to cover themselves in a civil trial. This means that they can use a written statement, tape recording etc etc. Something else which falls into this category are public forums such as JKB.

This system can easily be abused due to the fact that it may be one and the same person who posts on this forum that calls up the reporter and gives the same story. This would then qualify a journalist to print that story as he would have (i) the statement of his source and (ii) a written text written under a pseudonym on this forum.

interesting, we should see what we can come up with in that case ;)

Archived