Berra:no strike threat

Chaps

Good stuff from Berra.

But claims that a Hearts dressing room is completely united seem a little hollow in the light of the experience of the past couple of years.

Chad Sexington

Berra: No strike threat

Hearts captain Christophe Berra today dismissed laughable reports from a Glasgow-based newspaper that the Tynecastle squad is considering strike action following the news that their wages are to be delayed until this Friday.

The Gorgie outfit revealed yesterday afternoon that the players will receive a double salary this week after a technical problem prevented payment as usual last Friday.

Article continues

Advertisement

The skipper contacted Hearts News this morning in order to offer direct assurances to supporters that there have been no such discussions about not playing this weekend in the dressing room.

"I don't know where the story came from but nothing has been said by the players. We are total professionals, we train hard and we want to win every Saturday.

"We know that if we are successful as a team that can only be good for us as individuals in our career.

"We are often in the spotlight because we are Hearts, and like so many reports these are just not true.

"I don't know where the stories came from, but I tell you I'd love the paper to name their source as there are no quotes in the story.

"I can promise our supporters that we are totally committed to Hearts and this weekend's game."

Well what do you know?

The Daily ****** telling lies.

I'm astounded.

:rolleyes:

Good stuff from Berra.

But claims that a Hearts dressing room is completely united seem a little hollow in the light of the experience of the past couple of years.

Surely given the movement of players over the last two years I can't see how you can compare unity or not. Most reports this season suggest a stronger sense of unity but I guess most of that has come from the players themselves via Pravda...

marshallschunkychicken

This is the sort of response you want to see, well done Christophe.

Whether he's been told to say it is unclear, but I'd hope that it is a genuine response to Record mischief-making.

jamboinglasgow

good on berra, coming out and rubbishing these reports. The story felt like a journalist just presuming that strikes may happen and printing in the hope of a sensational story. Hope the crediabilty of the journalist takes a hit as that is what it deserves.

Its funny, we will get no apology from the daily record for these stories yet strachan moans that setanta didn't show a minor incident and made a comment about his player and he chucks them out of pre-match conferences and they give a groveling apology.

[quote=

"I don't know where the story came from but nothing has been said by the players.

If you genuinely don't know, Christophe, have a look at a later post on this thread and a whole thread to itself elsewhere...

The answer of course is F Wishart who has always used any chance (as TV pundit, Players Union Rep.) to damage Hearts and thus indirectly your good self.

Already said it on another thread but I feel very proud of our captain today. That was a strong reply and gives much needed reassurance.

Thanks Christophe :)

The Mighty Thor
Berra: No strike threat

"I can promise our supporters that we are totally committed to Hearts and this weekend's game."

Just need shaggy to come out and tell us the boys are buzzing in training and we're sorted. :)

Of course there's no threat of a strike.

What would be the point?

IF, as is claimed, all is hunky dory and there's just a wee technical glitch, a strike would only serve to infuriate the rulers and masters of the club who, history has shown, aren't too concerned about HR protocols and stabillity of personnel.

Alternatively, if we're financial Donald Ducked, how is a strike going to bring about prompt payment of wages?

Berra's right. Unite as a team; impress the spectators and keep yourselves in the shop window to ensure a future career.

Does Christophe frequent JKB? His line that effectively says, "SOURCE?" has a familiar ring to it!

Of course there's no threat of a strike.

What would be the point?

IF, as is claimed, all is hunky dory and there's just a wee technical glitch, a strike would only serve to infuriate the rulers and masters of the club who, history has shown, aren't too concerned about HR protocols and stabillity of personnel.

Alternatively, if we're financial Donald Ducked, how is a strike going to bring about prompt payment of wages?

Berra's right. Unite as a team; impress the spectators and keep yourselves in the shop window to ensure a future career.

Does Christophe frequent JKB? His line that effectively says, "SOURCE?" has a familiar ring to it!

If you were Christophe Berra, would you read JKB?

Son Of Anarchy

WELL DONE BERRA! He actually only said one sentence and this statement was then released.The sentence was "Those lieing weegie scrote bassas are spreadin Pesh again int they"? :)

The way I see it - and I might be wrong is that most institutions hold onto their cash for as long as possible to gain the most interest on it. UBIG do this HBOS do this and given the current global financial state, it might have been an oversight by UBIG and HBOS told them they would not cover their ass..

Just a thought...

jamboinglasgow
Now that is a Captain doing his job.

Well done and well said Berra.

aye but if stewart was captain he would of gone down to the daily record offices and knocked the journalist out;)

If you were Christophe Berra, would you read JKB?

:rofl:I can't quite figure out why I read JKB!!!

WELL DONE BERRA! He actually only said one sentence and this statement was then released.The sentence was "Those lieing weegie scrote bassas are spreadin Pesh again int they"? :)

:rofl: again.

marshallschunkychicken
aye but if stewart was captain he would of gone down to the daily record offices and knocked the journalist out;)

If you believe my hibs fan workmates, stewart will be the journalist's source... :P:laugh:

Archived