Hearts stars threaten strike action over missing wages

vegas-voss

So they report that the players might go on strike, however theres no actual quotes or other suggestion about players striking other than the headline.... nice spin

The Mighty Thor

There more than a few in our squad who appear to have been on some kind of industrial action for the last two seasons.

The Real Maroonblood
There more than a few in our squad who appear to have been on some kind of industrial action for the last two seasons.

I suppose wage thieves come in to that category.

The Mighty Thor
I suppose wage thieves come in to that category.

Have we had wage thieves in our squad this last few seasons? Christ i cannae think who they could be. ;)

"Hearts rely on Vladimir Romanov's bank Ukio Bankas to guarantee their debts - now running at ?36.25million."

What happened to ?12m write off in debt for equity? Also, did the ?36.25m include Gordon/Bednar cash???

"Hearts have been cutting costs in recent times in a bid to reduce the growing debt that was approaching the agreed ceiling of ?40m."

Key word here is "was".

No quotes apart from some "expert" pointing out that people currently have less money. Slow news day?

I think links to these rags should be banned from JKB. Hate the thought of giving them extra hits on their website which in turn would enables the rag to sell more/more expensive advertising space.

Copy and paste article from site would make more sense.

I thought to myself before opening this thread "That'll be the Record again."

Sure enough..

Can we not have a JKB ban on the sensationalist rubbish that this ******'s publication prints? Don't click on the link!

I think links to these rags should be banned from JKB. Hate the thought of giving them extra hits on their website which in turn would enables the rag to sell more/more expensive advertising space.

Beat me to it, but my thoughts exactly!

Seconded

It's all very well talking about freedom of speech and having 10 page threads disputing whether there is a grain of truth in their story and whether they have a democratic right to 'bring it into the public domain' ( that's for alleged head in the sand folk like me I guess :rolleyes: )

IMO However that rags no more than an arse-wipe and every story is maxed out as far as negativity goes.

Lets just ban links to it full stop :mad:

Exclusive: Hearts stars threaten strike action over missing wages

Sep 24 2008 By Chris Roberts

HEARTS stars have warned the club's owner Vladimir Romanov they could consider strike action if they don't get their missing wages by Friday.

Fears for the club's financial future grew last night as angry players spoke to the Scottish Professional Footballers Association after yet another day went by without them receiving pay that was due last Friday.

And they have said they will consider a dressing-room revolt if the Tynecastle club goes back on a promise made yesterday that all salaries will be met by the end of the week.

It's not only players who are waiting as the rest of the club's employees were told they would not receive their monthly wages as scheduled today.

Record Sport understands that last night the concerned first-team squad were texted by the club, informing them that they would get last week's money along with this week's in two days' time. And an official Hearts statement read: "The club will pay the players' wages for last week in full at the end of this week.

"They will be paid with the current week's wages on Friday."

The Jambos players had left their Riccarton training HQ yesterday afternoon expecting their salaries, which failed to reach them last Friday, to be in their accounts.

But despite being promised, players were left shocked to find the cash had not arrived at their banks.

The failure to pay staff at the club raises questions of a deeper problem at a time when the global banking system is in turmoil and Hearts rely on Vladimir Romanov's bank Ukio Bankas to guarantee their debts - now running at ?36.25million.

Club sources confirmed a meeting was called yesterday at which employees were told they would not be paid but were also reassured that, like the players, they would receive their wages on Friday.

A spokesperson said last night: "Staff will now all be paid in full on Friday.

"They were told about this resolution this afternoon and, while there had been some concern over the uncertainty, they are now relaxed and happy with the situation.

"Staff are paid monthly and this means payment will only be a few days behind, so it shouldn't cause any of our staff a serious problem."

Hearts have been cutting costs in recent times in a bid to reduce the growing debt that was approaching the agreed ceiling of ?40m.

Now if Hearts go back on their word again they face a potentially bitter dispute amid warnings the credit crunch could be about to squeeze Scottish football.

Bryan Jackson, of accountancy firm PKF, said: "The credit crunch will affect football because if retail gets hit then merchandise, sponsorship and so on will be affected at clubs.

"There seems to be problems everywhere and all clubs will have to be careful.

"There is less money about and people have to be careful what they spend.

"Things could get worse before they get better."

Nelly Terraces

Has there ever ben a players strike in the UK? Every f ***** g season you hear about it at some club or other - yet it never happens. Just another sad cliche for the journo trolls at the red tops.

I've said it before, but the Hearts support has to be more 'proactive' in our approach to these pondlifes, especially on matchdays. We should make life, shall I say, 'uncomfortable' for them when they visit Tynecastle.:rolleyes:

I look forward to banner headlines next week 'Hearts players in wages shock - they get paid on time despite HMFC debts of ?36 trillion. Bank of America bails out HMFC, blah , blah , spin , spin....'

Another non story with not even one quote from any un-named player.

Has there ever ben a players strike in the UK? Every f ***** g season you hear about it at some club or other - yet it never happens. Just another sad cliche for the journo trolls at the red tops.

I've said it before, but the Hearts support has to be more 'proactive' in our approach to these pondlifes, especially on matchdays. We should make life, shall I say, 'uncomfortable' for them when they visit Tynecastle.:rolleyes:

There were players who refused to play for Gretna last season in the SPL when their wages stopped coming in.

There were players who refused to play for Gretna last season in the SPL when their wages stopped coming in.

Isn't it the case that if a club fails to pay its players then the players automatically become free agents and are released from their contracts.

Maybe it's part of Vlad's plans to get new players in.

Every cloud has a silver lining , and all that.:rolleyes:

Chad Sexington

Absolutely spot on Tucker.

They slander the club at every opportunity and get away with it.

I hope that fecker Ralston get's recognized at the next game by some of our more "passionate" fans.

;).

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hamilton players refused to play because of unpaid wages a few seasons ago. The fixture was postponed and Hamilton were deducted 15pts and ended up relegated.

I don't believe the players will go on strike. I just find this ironic because I was accused of 'sensationalising' this yesterday! Why do we give them (the press) the ammo to really sensationalise things?

Story RUBBISHED by Berra on club website. He wants the Record to name there source.

Me thinks that Berra thinks that the Record are mischief making.

Story RUBBISHED by Berra on club website. He wants the Record to name there source.

Me thinks that Berra thinks that the Record are mischief making.

Do you think that Berra went round every one of the players with a lie detector before making his claims?

Or is that just something that other captains of Hearts should do before making statements to the Press?:eek:

Do you think that Berra went round every one of the players with a lie detector before making his claims?

Or is that just something that other captains of Hearts should do before making statements to the Press?:eek:

Just bring in Jeremy Kyle, he will get to the bottom of it. :rolleyes:

That was because if the players were injured during a match they were not covered by the clubs insurance.

The record and others have no thought for the people who work at Hearts ,they must be worried enough without the steerin crap they spill out in there papers if that reporter can`t back this story up with source he should be sacked for causin more stress than they already might have.

All in all this is really sad to say but the majority of the weegie press and that Chick Dung last night on bbc radio scotland seem to be willin this to be true so they can say I told you so from the beginnin.:mad:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/09/24/exclusive-hearts-stars-threaten-strike-action-over-missing-wages-86908-20750573/

I can't see anywhere in the report where any player says they will strike but hey why not just say they will strike to make a story.

We could do with a few new strikers anyway! ;););)

We could do with a few new strikers anyway! ;););)

Was Makela included in the list of potential strikers, by any chance?

Yes. Hamilton a few years back and they were fined enough points to make sure they were relegated (from Div 2 to 3).

:)

He's learning fast, that one.

Christophe 1 - Daily Record 0.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1401903,00.html

He does seem to be learning not to trust the Daily ******.

PS: redm, you seem to have a typo in your signature mate.

The spellchecker's put in "hippos" instead of "hibbies" !

Archived