The Land is only of value if planning permission is granted

CJGJ

It may be time soon to approach council to reject planning permission unless there is a guarentee that football is played at the stadium.

With no permission the value of the club drops dramatically and perhaps brings the purchase of the club down to a more manageable level.

It may be time soon to approach council to reject planning permission unless there is a guarentee that football is played at the stadium.

With no permission the value of the club drops dramatically and perhaps brings the purchase of the club down to a more manageable level.

Such a stipulation would be appealed against and would be difficult to sustain.

chester copperpot
Bang on the money

You made a quote to me last year, it now may not be far off the money, even though it was rejected by me last year.

Sorry mate.

I may be wrong but I am sure such a condition almost exists but it only would cost Vlad or any other party around ?400k to buy out.

I think the council are close to giving approval but obviousy the coming weeks/month may change things.

awadooningorgie2

Maybe I am being naive here, but from the comments made above is it possible to surmise that planning permission may permit construction of hotels/offices et all without the main stand ever materialising?

From the first glimpse I had of the plans it seemed obvious where the priorities lie....

Maybe I am being naive here, but from the comments made above is it possible to surmise that planning permission may permit construction of hotels/offices et all without the main stand ever materialising?

From the first glimpse I had of the plans it seemed obvious where the priorities lie....

I'm no expert, but I would imagine that if there is no Football Stadium, then they would have to apply for a change of use for the site. This could well have an effect on the rest of the site. I'm not convinced that they would get the Hotel Development without the Stadium as the Council would want a different plan for the whole site.

IIRC, the extra fee payable (with no Stadium) for the site behind the Main Stand is about ?400,000, but it is about ?2.5m for the School Site, I think.

Yes.

It can happen.

If the planning application was granted, it would only give permission for the development as outlined in the original plans.

If someone wants to build anything else on it, they have to submit a whole new application. They can't just apply to build a stadium/hotel/retail and then fling up a block of flats instead.

At the end of the day, the council will decide the value of the land...one way or another.

Archived