Breach of Contract

Colonel Kurtz

portobellojambo1
historically in the recent past players all over the uk have went without due payment in part or whole for far longer periods of times and registration has not been effected quite the opposite in fact with severe penalty being imposed on clubs for attempting to get out of contracts or registrations on the ground of being in financial difficulty this is and i suspect you agree mate not our main worry :sad::sad:

Witthout knowing the full ins and out of our financial plight (and I don't expect to get am email from Sergey asking if I would like to meet him tomorrow to discuss said over a cup of coffee) it is difficult to determine what is our main worry at the moment Craig. I was just reading another thread on which a link is attached to an article by Ewen Murray in The Guardian. Within that it states that UBIG send money to HMFC's current account with HBOS for payment of salaries and to cover any outstanding bills to be paid. Seems fine until you realise how much we are due to creditors, which suggests someone is not paying the bills or insufficient funds are being sent to cover them.

It does make the worry about whether our left back is good enough or not sort of pale into insignifcance mind you.

So as I have a Business Law degree my knowledge would be of little value then ?

When you comment try to know more about the poster before you take that great leap.

Aye, and I'm an Astronaut. Who'd have thought that, huh?

Witthout knowing the full ins and out of our financial plight (and I don't expect to get am email from Sergey asking if I would like to meet him tomorrow to discuss said over a cup of coffee) it is difficult to determine what is our main worry at the moment Craig. I was just reading another thread on which a link is attached to an article by Ewen Murray in The Guardian. Within that it states that UBIG send money to HMFC's current account with HBOS for payment of salaries and to cover any outstanding bills to be paid. Seems fine until you realise how much we are due to creditors, which suggests someone is not paying the bills or insufficient funds are being sent to cover them.

It does make the worry about whether our left back is good enough or not sort of pale into insignifcance mind you.

it does indeed iain and while acknowledging that a lot of stuff in world banking is tightening up and perhapes money transfers and agreement that would previously went through on the "nod" may now need to be signed sealed and cleared i think the term is ,the fact is i knowas do we all that hearts have a problem it is the same problem we have had for years we owe a lot of money

I would imagine that a professional footballer will be the same as any other employee Lee, and what will determine if these late payments constitute a breach of contract will be determined by the actual content of the contract of employment. If it states a date on which you will receive your wages/salary, whether weekly or monthly, and you are not paid by that date then the employer has effectively breached that contract, and the employee can then use that to their advantage, should they so wish.

My only doubt/question/confusion in all of this is whether the players would be willing to effectively cancel their own registrations or whether this is actually the intention of the club, as the forerunner to something more serious.

Right, i'm going by a conversion i just had with a lawyer. First Late payment is not always a material breach of contract ! An employer would have to miss 3 regular payments before you could walk on those grounds. so if you are to be paid weekly, you would have to wait til 3 weeks have passes before you can claim breach. It just depends on how the contracts are written.

For the idiot who brought sabba into this, then he was not paid for 2 months before he walked. jesus, atleast wait til friday before actting like morans !

Right, i'm going by a conversion i just had with a lawyer. First Late payment is not always a material breach of contract ! An employer would have to miss 3 regular payments before you could walk on those grounds. so if you are to be paid weekly, you would have to wait til 3 weeks have passes before you can claim breach. It just depends on how the contracts are written.

For the idiot who brought sabba into this, then he was not paid for 2 months before he walked. jesus, atleast wait til friday before actting like morans !

Sabba ?

Morans ?

:)

Archived