Only professional club with no NO.1 or NO.9?

7628mm

I am a little concerned why HMFC still have no number 1 or 9 in the 1st team squad.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/FirstTeam/0,,10289,00.html

I do appreciate that Chabba did not have a great deal of time to sort things out before the start of the season but to go into a campaign without these squad numbers is surely a 1st in scottish football.

Are HMFC going to address this anytime soon?

Is this part and parcel of the way our club is run now?

This is a personal opinion but I have absolutely no idea why this would be of any interest to anyone whatsoever.

It's just the number on the back of a shirt.

Everybody loves Baz
I am a little concerned why HMFC still have no number 1 or 9 in the 1st team squad.

I do appreciate that Chabba did not have a great deal of time to sort things out before the start of the season but to go into a campaign without these squad numbers is surely a 1st in scottish football.

Does it make anyone play better ??

Maybe Csaba feels he doesn't want to been seen having a favourite Goalie/Striker ?

Is Tullberg not number 9?

Tullberg is indeed no9 and hibs dont have a no1 either? maka-LAMEby is 50 and there sub is something else

Guest GhostHunter

If the number 25 keeps saving the ball from going in the net, and the number 19 keeps scoring goals, does it really matter that we don't have a number 1 or 9 ?

As said above it really doesn't make a difference

Other than numerically, when you add it all up I suppose.

Numbers can be important - :107years:

ToadKiller Dog

the hobos have a rat wearing 01 ,

unless the gfa have changed the rules so they can fine us ?10,000 for not having a no 1 shirt then dont see the problem.

Thank goodness Tullberg is #9, I'd be really worried about not having one of them!

Seriously though, I'd much prefer going back to the good old days of 1-11 starting the game without names on their backs aswell.

Seriously though, I'd much prefer going back to the good old days of 1-11 starting the game without names on their backs aswell.

It's nothing but a money making scheme.

There has been a press conference called for 4pm today. Vlad personally thanks you for pointing this out. Even if it is incorrect. But dont let little things like facts get in the way. Your post cant possibly be serious can it?

On a side note I take it that your absolutely bricking it that the players havent been paid? Not getting any sleep over the fact that our team is the youngest in the SPL but H.A.N.S thinks we dont play enough youth?

What is wrong with people today? Endless threads about nowt!

Some folk will moan about anything:rolleyes:

Susie-Jambo-66

A very prolific poster asked the same question about why no number 1 in the squad a while back.

The responses he got were very different from the ones today.

Suppose its all about who asks the question.....:rolleyes:

But as said by many today it makes absolutely no difference to a players performance what number they have on their back.

I think Kello (25) has proved that.

Liverpool's number 1 is Diego Cavelieri. It's just a number really...

We went into this season without a recognised number 1. Perhaps psychologically it's good to keep the number free to allow the 2(3) keepers to fight it out for the jersey next season.

Jambof3tornado
It's nothing but a money making scheme.

I am pretty scared now as I find myself agreeing with you DH!!! Let us never talk about this again;)

At least we dont bring out umpteen new strips a season!!

portobellojambo1

The number on the back of someone's shirt is totally irrelevant.

I would rather have a quality striker wearing 55 on his back than a s h i t centre forward wearing number 9, just so we were using that number and conforming to some sort of expected numbering system.

The People's Chimp

oh_noes.jpg

Craig Gordon still hasn't washed & returned the strip. It's currently lying on a utility room floor somewhere in the North East of England next to Jamie Mole's shooting boots.

Jambof3tornado
Craig Gordon still hasn't washed & returned the strip. It's currently lying on a utility room floor somewhere in the North East of England next to Jamie Mole's shooting boots.

Jamie Moles GOT shooting boots?????:rolleyes:

Oh my God!!!! No number 1 or 9

panic.jpg

2004-03-22%20Economic%20forecast%20sky%20falling%20in%20200226.JPG

panic_button.jpg

Feck me, whatever next. Seriously though who gives a flying feck???? Talk about irrelevant.

rudi must stay

don't think numbers mean much to clubs. most players go to a club and ask for a number they've worn before which is fair enough imo

We went into this season without a recognised number 1. Perhaps psychologically it's good to keep the number free to allow the 2(3) keepers to fight it out for the jersey next season.

I think if there is no recognised 1st choice keeper, then the no. 1 jersey shouldn't be allocated.

...and Chelsea have Franco Di Santo as No. 9 :eek:

Archived