Lager & Lime ice lolly

I P Knightley

I've had a tiring weekend and am struggling through today.

Is my mind playing tricks on me or was there such a thing as Lager & Lime flavoured ice lollies ever?

I suppose I could have asked google...

I remember them as well. Did you not also get cider-flavoured ones, and you had to buy them from the ice cream van?

You certainly did. They were a favourite of mine when I was younger and probably helped contribute to my cider habit in later life...:P

Are they just 'flavoured'? Or they actually Lager?

If the former, the latter must be tried!

I imagine it would be flavoured.

However I will be purchasing an ice lolly tray tyoe thing, to stick in the freezer to make alcoholic ice lollies.

I imagine it would be flavoured.

However I will be purchasing an ice lolly tray tyoe thing, to stick in the freezer to make alcoholic ice lollies.

you'd better get a standard grade chemistry book too then!

Ha ha good shout, i have a -120 degrees freezer at work that should just about do the job though.

Ha ha good shout, i have a -120 degrees freezer at work that should just about do the job though.

Cheap vodka freezes in a normal freezer so I would imagine cider or lager should freeze quite easy, probably melt fairly fast tho.

Malcolm Tucker

Put a stick in the top of of a lager bottle and freeze it standing upwards (so it doesn't spill obviously).

Then leave for a long time until definitely frozen. Then the tricky part is trying to smash off the glass.

It can be done, and yes, it does taste horrible.

I've (accidentally) frozen lager many a time.

Nothing ridiculous about.

Sexton Hardcastle

Another party trick -

If you put a bottle of Corona in the freezer for a few hours it wont freeze until u take it out and tap it on a hard surface. It then freezes instantly. Somthing todo with the gas n that i guess. Looks pretty smart when it happens. Theresa few videos on youtube

Archived